Windows 10: Windows 10 Computer shuts down every morning between 6am and 7 am

Discus and support Windows 10 Computer shuts down every morning between 6am and 7 am in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, Problem - I am running Windows 10 v2004 OS Build 20231.1000 (Insider Preview Build). I updated to this build on October 8, 2020. I leave this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Secondary-2019, Oct 12, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Computer shuts down every morning between 6am and 7 am

Hello,

Problem - I am running Windows 10 v2004 OS Build 20231.1000 (Insider Preview Build). I updated to this build on October 8, 2020. I leave this computer on 24/7. Since that day, I have found the machine shut down every morning. I would think the problem is tied to this version of Windows except the first occurrence happened before the OS update.

So Far - I have used Event Viewer to look at Administrative Events but don't see Error or Critical Error events prior to the shutdowns. I have noted when the last entry was, so I know that the shutdowns occur between 6:00am and 7:00am. I don't see any log files in C:\Windows that have entries around the shutdown time. Reliability Monitor shows "Windows was not shut down properly" but the entry is time stamped after I restart the computer. There are no concerning entries prior to the shutdowns.

BIOS - The BIOS is at defaults (no overclocking). Specs below. I know it is weird to have 2 different RAM kits installed. The 2x16GB kit is for my next build but I went ahead and installed the DIMMs into this machine to test them. Even though they are all 3200MHz CL14 rated DIMMs, they are all running at JDEC standard and have been running this way for months.

Corsair AIO Water Cooler - I have had issues in the past with the Corsair AIO water cooler whacking out and letting the CPU overheat, but that was resolved by using RPM control instead of PWM control for the pump speed due to Corsair firmware bugs. I don't think this is the cause because I run a program called SIV that monitors the pump speed and logs anytime the it goes under 1800RPM (normal is ~2800RPM) and that log has no recent entries.

Help - I am looking for guidance on where else to look in Event Viewer, or wherever else, for clues to what is causing these daily shut downs. If I navigate to Applications Services and Logs - Microsoft - Windows, there are dozens of folders but I don't know which ones to look in.

Specs:
    CPU - Intel i7-8700K
    MOBO - Asus Maximus Hero WIFI
    RAM - G.Skill F4-3200C14-16GTZR - 2x16G DDR4 RAM
    RAM - G.Skill F4-3200C14-8GTZR - 2x8GB DDR4 RAM
    GPU - Nvidia Titan GPU
    PSU - EVGA 1000G3 PSU
    AIO - Corsair H110i AIO Water Cooler
    OS Drive - NVME - Samsung 960Pro 512GB - OS Drive
    Data Drive - NVME - Samsung 970Pro 512GB
    Data Drives (PCIE SSD) 2 x Intel SSDSC2BW240A4 205GB
    Data Drive (PCIE SSD) Samsung 850Pro 512GB
    Data Drive - Platter - Western Digital Black (WDC2003FZEX) 2TB
    Data Drive - USB - SeaGate Backup Plus 2TB - Windows File History Backup Drive
    Data Drive - USB - SeaGate Backup Plus 2TB - Macrium Reflect Backup Drive

Thanks!

submitted by /u/Secondary-2019
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Secondary-2019, Oct 12, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Oct 12, 2020
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Oct 12, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Computer shuts down every morning between 6am and 7 am

How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Will windows 10 still accept the license keys from 7 and 8 now if I reinstall my computer?

Does Microsoft keep a list of users who upgraded to Win 10 using their 7 and 8 keys so that when users need to reinstall windows 10 the old keys would work?

Do I need to call in Microsoft to ask them to activate my Windows 10 when I give them my win 7 keys?

Both computers are laptops. The windows 7 machine had the serial printed on the back, and I needed to enter that when I upgraded to 10. The windows 8 machine had the serial built in inside its boot system so I didn't need to enter the key when I upgraded to 10, but I did manage to write down the keys using a fetcher program.

JebusPrime, Oct 12, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Computer shuts down every morning between 6am and 7 am

1. Windows 10 Computer shuts down every morning between 6am and 7 am - Similar Threads - Computer shuts down

2. Windows 10 Is Shutting Down Every Night

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Is Shutting Down Every Night: Most unfortunately, this usually but not always happens when my backup is running, between 21:00 and 23:00. This is what I see each time in the Windows System event log:The process id_service.exe has initiated the shutdown of computer OMEN875 on behalf of user NT...
  3. Windows 10 Is Shutting Down Every Night

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Is Shutting Down Every Night: Most unfortunately, this usually but not always happens when my backup is running, between 21:00 and 23:00. This is what I see each time in the Windows System event log:The process id_service.exe has initiated the shutdown of computer OMEN875 on behalf of user NT...
  4. Windows 10 Is Shutting Down Every Night

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Computer is on every morning?

Computer is on every morning?: Microsoft Community I have a Lenovo T14 Gen 1 that is running Windows 10, version 2004. I started noticing that my laptop is on every morning. I initially thought that maybe it was getting hung up when shutting it off in the evening but that doesn't seem to be an issue. It...
  6. Computer shuts down every morning between 6am and 7am

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer shuts down every morning between 6am and 7am: Hello, Problem - I am running Windows 10 v2004 OS Build 20231.1000 (Insider Preview Build). I updated to this build on October 8, 2020. I leave this computer on 24/7. Since that day, I have found the machine shut down every morning. I would think the problem is tied to this...
  7. WiFi shuts off every morning

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WiFi shuts off every morning: Every morning when I log into my Surface Laptop 2 around 8am my home network shows the “no internet, secured” thing until around 10:00 when it turns on. I’ve got online classes, and literally have to use my phone for the first 3 classes. Any suggestions or help? submitted by...
  8. computer shuts down about every 5-7 minutes

computer shuts down about every 5-7 minutes: I have Windows 10 Pro and last year this happened and now it is happening again. It shuts down every 5-7 minutes all by itself. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-shuts-down-about-every-5-7-minutes/079f5970-0d01-4a0c-a4e3-ec6ef354445e
  9. Update this morning shut down my monitors

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Update this morning shut down my monitors: My setup is a Dell XPS 8700 with Geforce 640 card, and I currently run 5 monitors(via USB) with that setup, and have for a while now. When I ran today's Windows update, it disabled two of my monitors. They're still powered on, but black screen and the computer isn't...
  10. Shut Down Computer in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Shut Down Computer in Windows 10: How to: Shut Down Computer in Windows 10 How to Shut Down the Computer in Windows 10 If you don't plan to use your PC for a while, then you could shut down (turn off) the PC. A shutdown will close all apps, sign out all users, and completely turn off the PC. Hybrid...