Windows 10: Windows 10 computer stuttering when disc tray is in the computer?

Discus and support Windows 10 computer stuttering when disc tray is in the computer? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, recently over the past few months, I have been having an issue with my computer. I cannot recall the exact starting date, but my computer has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Joshua Barnes, Jun 18, 2020.

1. Windows 10 computer stuttering when disc tray is in the computer?

Hello, recently over the past few months, I have been having an issue with my computer. I cannot recall the exact starting date, but my computer has been stuttering as in the video and audio will freeze and repeat about 5 times within half a second whenever my disc tray is inside my computer. If I have my disc tray open, however, waiting to put in a disc, the stuttering stops.

The stuttering occurs even when there's no disc inside the tray, and I even attempted to break off the tray and the stuttering still happened, which means it must be a software issue whenever Windows believes the tray is inside the computer.

I have tried uninstalling my optical drive and reinstalling it, uninstalling and reinstalling most of the drivers in my computer, breaking off the tray, using various Windows troubleshooters which weren't able to detect any issues, and restoring to various restore points.

I am unsure of what the problem is, but my temporary solution over the past few months is to just keep the tray out waiting for a disc all day every day, which stops the stuttering.

DxDiag Report:

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit 10.0, Build 18362 18362.19h1_release.190318-1202

Language: English Regional Setting: English

System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.

System Model: Studio XPS 8100

BIOS: Default System BIOS type: BIOS

Processor: IntelR CoreTM i7 CPU 860 @ 2.80GHz 8 CPUs, ~2.8GHz

Memory: 8192MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 8152MB RAM

Page File: 4975MB used, 7527MB available

Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS

DirectX Version: DirectX 12

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960

Manufacturer: NVIDIA

Chip type: GeForce GTX 960

:)

Joshua Barnes, Jun 18, 2020

2. I can't figure out how to open the disc tray on my toshiba laptop

Hello,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

Kindly try the below steps and check if it helps.

• Locate the eject button near the disc tray. This button is usually directly to the left or right of the disc tray.
    • Press the eject button firmly and quickly. The tray should slide open.
    • Press the eject button a second time to close the disc tray.
    If the above steps doesn't work try the below.

• Open This PC.
    • Right click on DVD drive.
    • Click on Eject to open the drive.
    If this doesn't help, I suggest you to contact Toshiba support for further assistance.

Here is the link:
    http://support.toshiba.com/

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Jun 18, 2020
  3. ex_reven Win User
    Computer Stuttering.

Here we go again.
    Another totally random and annoying problem that has popped up.

I seem to have bad luck in these sorts of things.
    So I boot my computer today.
    The moment it hits windows I open windows media player and put a song on.

It plays, with just a hint of stuttering. Then, the moment I touch anything else, be it my documents, my computer or even MSN, the whole system stutters really badly.
    Its almost as if my computers running on 256mb of ram.

Anyway, ive done the following.
    - Scanned for Viruses
    - Scanned for malware/adware/other nasties
    - Checked that the RAM is properly seated (and removed 2 gigs of RAM, leaving 2 in, and still getting the same result)
    - Noted that I only have 29 processes on startup, not even memory hogging.

Ive noticed that the stuttering of performance occurs when my CPU usage goes over 50%, which would mean that one of my cores is being totally utilized. When I look at the other, its barely being used. Please dont tell me that one of my cores died... Task Manager still reports that its being used slightly, so hopefully its not that.

What else can I do?

Im going to try running stock, just in case my new ram isnt liking the OC I had on the old RAM i had in there.
    E6400 @ 3ghz
    4 Gigs G.Skill 6400 @ 936mhz
    Asus P5B Deluxe

Suggestions please *Cry :cry:

ex_reven, Jun 18, 2020
  4. Windows 10 computer stuttering when disc tray is in the computer?

Disc for windows 7 to run on windows 10

Hi Jane,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to read the Windows 7 disc and check if it helps.

• Insert Windows 7 disc.
    • Press “Windows+E” which will open file explorer.
    • There you will find the Windows 7 disc.
    • Open the disc and copy the files anywhere on your computer, so that you can access the information from the disc.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jun 18, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 computer stuttering when disc tray is in the computer?

1. Windows 10 computer stuttering when disc tray is in the computer? - Similar Threads - computer stuttering disc

2. Computer stuttering when app in windowed mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer stuttering when app in windowed mode: So i have a problem where randomly my desktop will lock up and almost freeze if a program or game is in windowed mode.Say vlc, if i load a movie on it and it open windowed, there is a chance the desktop will almost freeeze, the mouse will stop and jump location after 5/10...
  3. Computer stuttering when app in windowed mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer stuttering when app in windowed mode: So i have a problem where randomly my desktop will lock up and almost freeze if a program or game is in windowed mode.Say vlc, if i load a movie on it and it open windowed, there is a chance the desktop will almost freeeze, the mouse will stop and jump location after 5/10...
  4. Computer stutters and then freezes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer stutters and then freezes: Hey, so I am a pretty tech-savvy guy, but I have had a recurring issue now for about a year now. So in my usage scenario, I am a gamer in my downtime and a full-time content creator and video editor professionally.My specs: I run an AMD5800x processor, an RTX 3070gpu, 4TB...
  5. Computer stutters and then freezes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer stutters and then freezes: Hey, so I am a pretty tech-savvy guy, but I have had a recurring issue now for about a year now. So in my usage scenario, I am a gamer in my downtime and a full-time content creator and video editor professionally.My specs: I run an AMD5800x processor, an RTX 3070gpu, 4TB...
  6. Computer freezeing/stuttering

Computer freezeing/stuttering: So the last couple days ive been having issues with my pc. when playing games or just browsing reddit after a while i would go from 144 fps in a game to hard stuck 1fps. Even after alt f4ing the game my computer would get micro freezes and id be basically unable to do...
  7. Computer Stuttering

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer Stuttering: For the last day or so, my computer has been stuttering constantly. Even just moving the mouse around the screen, it's clearly visible. Videos, programs, games, everything stutters slightly. I have no clue what's causing it. Task manager is showing everything to be fine....
  8. Computer stutters and crashes.

Computer stutters and crashes.: Sort of a complex situation going on here. About a month ago, GPU failed or at least I think it did (card was a GTX 770). Crashed the computer with artifacting and all kinds of crazy visual gitching. Restarting with that same card resulted in the computer BSODing after...
  9. disc tray

in Windows 10 Customization
    disc tray: Hello!! I have recently found a disk that came with my asus amd quad core a12-9729p laptop. I cannot find a button to open the tray with I tried looking under files and all that but I just don't know what im looking for. Please help me. Thank you...
  10. Computer keeps stuttering

Computer keeps stuttering: Hello. My computer keeps stuttering every 4 seconds. And it stutters the audio and my game. Sometimes when I type or watch a video. Even my mouse. I don't know how to fix it....