Windows 10: Windows 10, Computer wide performance stuttering after wake up and boot up from hybrid...

Discus and support Windows 10, Computer wide performance stuttering after wake up and boot up from hybrid... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Whenever I put my pc into sleep mode then wake it up later everything runs with a consistent stuttering, audio playback, video playback, any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by P14y3r, Oct 28, 2020.

1. P14y3r Win User

Windows 10, Computer wide performance stuttering after wake up and boot up from hybrid...

Whenever I put my pc into sleep mode then wake it up later everything runs with a consistent stuttering, audio playback, video playback, any application running on the pc. Another issue has also cropped up where when I attempt to restart to pc to alleviate these issues it takes forever to restart, and has so far bluescreened once while restarting stating "Driver Power State Failure" This issue has been floating around my new pc for a while now, i have no knowledge of why it's happening and I've tried poking and prodding at multiple different programs I have installed, disabling them, uninstalling a few, even doing a clean boot with no services or start up programs enabled. I've tried doing multiple restore things, including two different scanning commands in PowerShell. I'm using programs that I've used before in the past on other systems running up to date windows with no issues until now. all drivers on the computer are up to date,

:)

P14y3r, Oct 28, 2020

2. Laptop stutter

Hi,

To further assist you about your laptop being stutter, we suggest that you perform a clean boot to your device. You may refer to this

link
    for the steps.

Also, make sure that all pending system updates are applied to your computer.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Oct 28, 2020
  3. Hybrid sleep and hibernation case PC to crash upon wake Windows 10

Hi,

I have Win 10 running on my ASUS ROG G551JM laptop and I have been stumped by the almost exact problem that you've experienced. It has both the Intel HD 4600 and Nvidia GTX 860M dual graphics subsystems.

I'm already forced to use Windows 10 as the "Go back to Windows 8.1" option doesn't work ("the files that are needed to roll back are missing" from the windows.old folder) anymore. It looks like I have to get comfortable using Win 10, because I'm not going
    to risk a rollback failure and a corrupted OS installation if I were to attempt recovery using the Asus' factory reset procedure.

All's fine except for one annoying thing: my laptop cannot be allowed to go to sleep - whether by pressing the Sleep Fn key, closing the lid (it's set to "Sleep" instead of "Do Nothing") or the computer timing out after 20 minutes. The laptop will
    go to sleep all right, but the problem is that it cannot wake up without cold rebooting (which takes a long time) and sometimes displaying the light blue BSOD screen with the sad
    "Windows 10, Computer wide performance stuttering after wake up and boot up from hybrid... :(" emoticon, while Windows gathers the necessary data first. Then the computer reboots itself.

I went through several suggestions found in the
    Windows 10 forum
    (not this Community) and decided to try reinstalling the older Nvidia graphics drivers for Win 8.1. They installed with no problem (no need to find the Intel HD 4600 driver either) but Windows 10 insists on updating any older driver
    and I can't prevent it from doing so.

Anyway, I also decided to update my G551JM's BIOS to version 204 as well as try the latest Win 10 driver from Nvidia's support site. Neither fixed my computer's crashing problem upon waking up from sleep - and the prevailing assumption is that it's the graphics
    drivers that is always at fault (regardless whatever the canned responses from this Community's "professional MSE"s tell you). Not necessarily so.

These are the features that I wanted on the same notebook:

• The ability to hibernate. Cold reboots are slower on Win 10 than 8.1, therefore I need the hibernation feature.
    • The ability for the computer to wake up from sleep ("2-second, Instant On", as originally advertised by ASUS for its laptops) without any problems whatsoever.
    • The Fast Startup feature to be ON. I've read some people recommending disabling Fast Startup as a workaround for boot problems but that makes the cold boot process even slower still.

I was perplexed having tested the sleep crash syndrome many times without any positive results, until I noticed that in the Advanced power plan options, I had inadvertently ticked the "Allow Hybrid Sleep" check boxes. I've had these options checked long
    before I upgraded to Windows 10 and never thought it would pose a dire problem with Win 10.

Disabling hybrid sleep appears to fix the problem for good. Graphics driver updates did not. For some reason, hibernation and hybrid sleep cannot coexist peacefully on Win 10 and I would rather forgo hybrid sleep than the hibernation mode.

I've arrived to the conclusion that Hybrid sleep worked fine on Windows 8.1 and 7, but
    NOT on Windows 10. This is a predicament that Microsoft needs to address when it comes to sleep/waking up issues and I'm surprised they missed fixing this in their recent Cumulative Updates.

Stratman_II, Oct 28, 2020
  4. Naveen_M Win User

Windows 10, Computer wide performance stuttering after wake up and boot up from hybrid...

Computer wakes up from sleep.

Hi Laur,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that your computer wakes up from sleep and switches on after a shutdown automatically, we’ll look into this for you.

We can try a few steps and check if we can fix the system waking up from sleep automatically.

Method 1: Disable the wake timers.

Refer this article on
    PC automatically wakes from sleep mode (II)
    and follow the steps to disable the wake timers and check. This article applies to Windows 10 as well. If the issue persists, follow method 2.

Method 2: Use Command Prompt to know what had woke up Windows last and which devices are enabled to wake up the PC.

1. Click on Start icon.
    2. Type Command Prompt.
    3. Right click on it and select Run as administrator.
    4. Type the following command and press Enter:

powercfg –lastwake

powercfg –devicequery wake_armed

Check the results and let us know.

When you try to shut down or hibernate the system on a computer that’s running Windows 10, the process fails and reverts to the Windows Lock screen. We can turn off hybrid sleep and fast startup and check if we can fix this.

Method 1: Turn off Hybrid sleep.

1. Click on Start icon.
    2. Type Command Prompt and press
      Enter
    3. Copy and paste the following command and press
      Enter

Shutdown /s /hybrid /t 0

Method 2: Turn off Fast Startup.

1. Click on Start icon.
    2. Type Control Panel and press
      Enter
    3. Click on Power Options.
    4. Click on Choose what the power buttons do.
    5. Click on Change settings that are currently unavailable.
    6. Under Shutdown settings, uncheck the
      Turn on fast startup box.
    7. Click on Save changes.

Check if the issue persists.

Regards,

Naveen M

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Naveen_M, Oct 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10, Computer wide performance stuttering after wake up and boot up from hybrid... - Similar Threads - Computer wide performance

2. Bluetooth sound stutters after waking computer up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth sound stutters after waking computer up: There's been an ongoing issue where if my computer goes into sleep mode and then wakes up, there is a consistent stuttering about every 1.7 seconds in any Bluetooth speaker or headset. The sound works completely fine before the computer goes to sleep. Restarting the computer...
  3. Bluetooth sound stutters after waking computer up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth sound stutters after waking computer up: There's been an ongoing issue where if my computer goes into sleep mode and then wakes up, there is a consistent stuttering about every 1.7 seconds in any Bluetooth speaker or headset. The sound works completely fine before the computer goes to sleep. Restarting the computer...
  4. Bluetooth sound stutters after waking computer up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Computer not waking up from sleep mode to perform scans

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer not waking up from sleep mode to perform scans: I have an ASUS motherboard: Prime H370M-Plus CSM and an Intel i7 8700K. Computer will not wake up to perform antivirus/malware scan, OS drive and Storage drive backups. All scans/backups are on a schedule to do these tasks. Computer has to be onnot in sleep mode to do these...
  6. Computer not waking up from sleep mode to perform scans

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer not waking up from sleep mode to perform scans: I have an ASUS motherboard: Prime H370M-Plus CSM and an Intel i7 8700K. Computer will not wake up to perform antivirus/malware scan, OS drive and Storage drive backups. All scans/backups are on a schedule to do these tasks. Computer has to be onnot in sleep mode to do these...
  7. Computer not waking up from sleep mode to perform scans

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR After waking up computer from sleep

INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR After waking up computer from sleep: Greetings, 4 days after I reinstalled my OS my PC starts to not turn on after it automatically sleeps but after I turning it, it works but when I check Event viewer it gives me critical error and it says INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR. Btw I've already update and reinstall my...
  9. Windows 10 and apps stuttering after waking up from sleep mode

Windows 10 and apps stuttering after waking up from sleep mode: I've noticed that whenever I put my computer into sleep mode then wake it up later there's a distinct and constant micro stutter in certain apps and the mouse cursor. It either goes away eventually by itself whenever I go to try to do some task, or when I trigger a User...
  10. Computer reboots constantly after waking up from hybrid sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer reboots constantly after waking up from hybrid sleep: When I sometimes wake the computer up from hybrid sleep, it reboots constantly until I would turn off the PSU and turn it on back again and then I power on my PC and it boots normally Why is this issue happening? 79244