Windows 10: Windows 10- Computer will hard freeze after about 2-3 hours of gaming use

Discus and support Windows 10- Computer will hard freeze after about 2-3 hours of gaming use in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; For months now my PC has been hard-freezing, i.e. going completely unresponsive, monitor doesn't change, keyboard lights go out, but power lights on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by CO2blast, Oct 17, 2021.

1. CO2blast Win User

Windows 10- Computer will hard freeze after about 2-3 hours of gaming use

For months now my PC has been hard-freezing, i.e. going completely unresponsive, monitor doesn't change, keyboard lights go out, but power lights on the tower stay on. Over the months, I have replaced the EVGA 850w PSU, the TUF Gaming RTX 3080 10GB, and removed multiple hard drives. This started occurring after I had my PC completely rebuilt with all different parts, excluding the graphics cardwhich was later replaced, and the hard drives, all of which except 1 have been removed. I now have an SSD as the C: drive and the other drive should be working functionally. My PC has been checked over

:)

CO2blast, Oct 17, 2021

2. Game Bar freezes Computer

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft community and thank you for posting your query.

I understand your concern. Let me help you to fix the issue.

To understand the issue better please provide us more information.

• What is the model number of the computer?

• Which game are you trying to play?
    • Try playing other games and check what the status is.
    Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below methods.

Method 1

I recommend you to uninstall/reinstall the display driver and check. Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager

• Locate for display adapter and click on it to expand.

• Right click on the device and click on
      uninstall

• Once you are done uninstalling the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the generic display driver.
    If this doesn’t help to fix the issue. I suggest you to update the display driver. Skip step3 from the above steps and right click on the
    device and click on update.

Method 2.

If the above method did not help to fix the issue, I would suggest you to
    go to the computer manufacturer website and download the latest display adapter driver. Visit the below link:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us...for-5th-generation-intel-core-processors.html

Method 3.

For the sound issue try the below steps.

Step 1.

I suggest you to uninstall/reinstall the sound adapter driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager

• Now click on Sound, video and game controllers
      to expand, right click on the device and click on uninstall.

• Once you are done installing the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the sound adapter driver.
    If the issue still persist, try the below steps.

Step 2.

I suggest you to update the audio driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager
    • Now click on Sound, video and game controllers and right click on it and
      update the software.
    Hope this helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Oct 17, 2021
  3. Computer Hard Freezes Randomly - No Error logs or Memory dumps

I posted on Sevenforums a few days ago regarding this issue:
    I was suggested to check for temps (all were normal) and perform a clean install of Windows 10 (I had upgraded from Windows 7). I had another hard freeze today similar to the ones I was having before. The issue is back and I'm unsure of what to do next. Is this no longer a software issue if reinstalling the OS was unsuccessful?

Thanks for your time!

PayneTrain, Oct 17, 2021
  4. Windows 10- Computer will hard freeze after about 2-3 hours of gaming use

Every few hours my games freeze with buzzing, then unfreeze

Hello!

Approximately once every 2-3 hours (not tied to any specific time, this is just how often i feel this happens) any game im playing will freeze for 2-3 seconds, and then in my headphones i will hear the "buzzing" noise that usually happens when PC is about to BSOD.

However, BSOD doesnt happen. After 2-3 seconds pass, game resumes and everything is fine. There are no errors, no flashing screen, etc. Its as if nothing happened.

My steps so far:

1. Disable CPU, GPU and Memory overclock: Freeze still happens
    2. Run stress test on CPU, GPU and Memory: All tests pass
    3. Run Memtest86 to check RAM: 12 hour test finds 0 errors
    4. I run 2x 2080ti's in NVLink, so my next step was disabling NVlink: Freeze still happens
    5. Removed NVLink bridge, monitors etc only connected to first GPU: Freeze still happens
    6. Connected all monitors to second GPU: Freeze still happens
    7. Checked Event viewer - there are no WHEA or errors of any kind that i can find. The only event that happened at same time as this freeze are the three User Profile Service warnings:

Profile notification of event Load for component {B31118B2-1F49-48E5-B6F5-BC21CAEC56FB} failed, error code is See Tracelogging for error details.

Profile notification of event Unload for component {B31118B2-1F49-48E5-B6F5-BC21CAEC56FB} failed, error code is See Tracelogging for error details.

Profile notification of event Load for component {B31118B2-1F49-48E5-B6F5-BC21CAEC56FB} failed, error code is See Tracelogging for error details.

At this point i genuinely have no idea what else i could test, or what could be possibly causing this. Any suggestions please?

Win10, 9900k, 2x 2080ti, 64gb 3600 ram (clocked to 3200 normally), 2x nvme ssds, 1x hdd

(FYI this is a fresh build with fresh installs etc)

Also to add, i am monitoring my CPU with CoreTemp, and even during those freezes my CPU temp and useage were normal, and not in any way strange.

Thirteenera, Oct 17, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10- Computer will hard freeze after about 2-3 hours of gaming use

1. Windows 10- Computer will hard freeze after about 2-3 hours of gaming use - Similar Threads - Computer hard freeze

2. Win11 22h2, moment 3, can't use pc for 2 hours after game crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11 22h2, moment 3, can't use pc for 2 hours after game crashes: My daughter and I are PC gamers. After installing the July Update Moment 3? build 22621.1992, we've noticed not only are our games crashing more frequently, but we're locked out of our own computer for 2 hours, and it demands to be kept on and sucking down power during that...
  3. Win11 22h2, moment 3, can't use pc for 2 hours after game crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win11 22h2, moment 3, can't use pc for 2 hours after game crashes: My daughter and I are PC gamers. After installing the July Update Moment 3? build 22621.1992, we've noticed not only are our games crashing more frequently, but we're locked out of our own computer for 2 hours, and it demands to be kept on and sucking down power during that...
  4. Windows 10- Computer will hard freeze after about 2-3 hours of gaming use

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10- Computer will hard freeze after about 2-3 hours of gaming use: For months now my PC has been hard-freezing, i.e. going completely unresponsive, monitor doesn't change, keyboard lights go out, but power lights on the tower stay on. Over the months, I have replaced the EVGA 850w PSU, the TUF Gaming RTX 3080 10GB, and removed multiple hard...
  5. Windows 10- Computer will hard freeze after about 2-3 hours of gaming use

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10- Computer will hard freeze after about 2-3 hours of gaming use: For months now my PC has been hard-freezing, i.e. going completely unresponsive, monitor doesn't change, keyboard lights go out, but power lights on the tower stay on. Over the months, I have replaced the EVGA 850w PSU, the TUF Gaming RTX 3080 10GB, and removed multiple hard...
  6. Most apps crashing after 2-3 hours of use.

Most apps crashing after 2-3 hours of use.: So i had this problem for like a week now, and tried to find a solution but couldnt seem to find anything that is similar to my situation.The problem is that a lot of my apps crash after around 2-3 hours of use, sometimes it takes a little longer. for example discord takes...
  7. PC constantly freezes for half a second after 2-3 hours

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC constantly freezes for half a second after 2-3 hours: This suddenly happened to me 2 weeks ago. After 2-3 hours running my screen stops for a bit (0.5s) then works normally, it also distorts audio in that lagging period. This happens every 10 seconds or so. I thought it is hardware related but restarting seems to temporary fix...
  8. Computer freezes for 2-3 seconds

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer freezes for 2-3 seconds: Hello Everyone, My computer freezes for 2-3 seconds from time to time, then it goes on working normally. This is quite annoying. The computer is just a few days old! Can anyone help me solve this problem? Thanks in advance. 161752
  9. Problems with PC after 2-3 hours of running

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problems with PC after 2-3 hours of running: So I turn on my PC (1080ti 2700x 16gbs ram, windows 10 newest update) . And after 2-3 hours of playing games it starts bugging out. Discord dosent send messages , Spotify might crash , chrome stops responding and I can't even close it , I tried opening edge that one won't...
  10. Windows freezing 10 minutes to 3 hours after boot

Windows freezing 10 minutes to 3 hours after boot: Hello, I recently built a computer myself. After booting windows 10, the system works as it should, except for the Wifi being very slow sometimes (100-500 Kbps on a 60 Mbps connection). After 10 minutes to 3 hours of normal use, windows 10 straight up freezes, forcing me to...