Windows 10: Windows 10 Computer will not Boot after clean install

Discus and support Windows 10 Computer will not Boot after clean install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Yesterday my PC crashed and when restarted came up with an error screen and would not boot windows. I tried using the troubleshooting repair menu... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by IvanGreen2, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Computer will not Boot after clean install

Yesterday my PC crashed and when restarted came up with an error screen and would not boot windows. I tried using the troubleshooting repair menu provided and nothing would work. I created a bootable usb from my other windows 10 pc with the windows application and deleted all the partitions, allowing a fresh install. When the install was complete the computer launched the uefi bios menu, when I exited the menu it just restarts by showing the asus loading and back to the bios menu, unless my bootable usb is in it then it goes back to the windows instillation. Ive tried using the repair tool on the windows insitalliation. Ive tried using CMD to find errors with the boot. Ive tried fixing the bdc and mbr with bootrec /fixboot and /fixmbr but i get a acess denied error, Ive tried rebuilding the bdc by going into disk part and labeling the boot volume and the whole “bcdboot c: /s : /f” (cant remember the exact command but something like that) ive also tried messing with bios options like disabling safe boot or fast boot. I have run out of options and dont know where to go from here. Thanks for your time.

:)

IvanGreen2, Oct 1, 2019

2. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Oct 1, 2019
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Oct 1, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Computer will not Boot after clean install

Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, Oct 1, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Computer will not Boot after clean install

1. Windows 10 Computer will not Boot after clean install - Similar Threads - Computer Boot clean

2. Windows 10 clean install boot loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 clean install boot loop: I was recently gifted a friend's old gaming pc about 2 years old and was asked to do a clean install of windows to remove their information, so I bought a windows 10 home USB from best buy what the geeks said I needed. While doing the install it failed at about 25%.Now when I...
  3. PC won't boot after windows 10 clean installation

PC won't boot after windows 10 clean installation: I reinstalled windows 10 20H2 in my windows 8.1 with bing lenovo laptop. After reinstalling windows 10, the pc restarts but stuck in black screen, black with backlight only, not even showing lenovo logo. But when I forced restart through power button, the pc boot without...
  4. Windows 10 clean install on laptop won't boot after installing

Windows 10 clean install on laptop won't boot after installing: Reinstalling Windows on a family member's computer, installed it enough times over the years, so didn't expect to get a problem. I've formatted the hard drive, deleted all partitions, after installing windows doesn't boot after restarting for the first time. It just gets...
  5. Booting clean installation of windows 10

Booting clean installation of windows 10: Hi, I am Rishad. So,basically I was trying to reinstall windows after the C: drive was showing error. I tried to boot it up from a bootable usb and I have succeded but my C: drive was showing error again and wanted repair after I checked it.So,I tried to install ubuntu...
  6. Windows 10 won't boot after clean install

Windows 10 won't boot after clean install: Just build a new PC, not my first rodeo. I put everything together without any problems, plugged it in. Verified everything was registering in BIOS, no problems. Inserted Windows 10 Home install USB and booted into the installer. Went into installer and entered Key code. Went...
  7. Will Windows 7 still boot after Windows 10 clean install?

Will Windows 7 still boot after Windows 10 clean install?: I have a Dell laptop which came with an OEM version of Windows 7 installed. the laptop BIOS is in Legacy mode and HDD is type MBR. I have clean installed a trial version of Windows 10 on a separate HDDalso type MBR doing so by swapping out the Win 7 HDD using the same laptop....
  8. Issues NOT booting after a clean Windows 10 install

Issues NOT booting after a clean Windows 10 install: Hi, My system lost it's functionality, hanging in different applications etc. So I decided to 'reset' this failed twice, once with keep files and once with remove everything. As I could still use the system I downloaded the MCT and created on a USB, so far no issues. Boot...
  9. Windows 10 Installation keeps booting from USB after clean install

Windows 10 Installation keeps booting from USB after clean install: I got a HP Notebook yesterday that had Windows 8.1 on it. Today I decided I wanted to reinstall Windows 10 (not upgrade, but clean install) on it and I do have experience in reinstalling operating systems. I reinstalled Windows 10 from a USB stick and when the computer...
  10. Computer Will Not Boot After Windows 10 Installation

Computer Will Not Boot After Windows 10 Installation: Hello, I’m having trouble with my Windows 10 clean install. Once it installs it says it is resetting to complete installation, after it resets it will not load to the windows screen. It just loads bios and hangs with a prompt flashing on a black screen. I then used...