Windows 10: Windows 10 computer will not connect to windows xp computer

Discus and support Windows 10 computer will not connect to windows xp computer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi I have 3 windows 10 computers,64bits,32bits home and pro versions. They all do connect to my windows xp computer and are fine to share files and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by freeflow, Aug 21, 2018.

1. freeflow Win User

Windows 10 computer will not connect to windows xp computer

Hi
    I have 3 windows 10 computers,64bits,32bits home and pro versions. They all do connect to my windows xp computer and are fine to share files and allow remote desktop connections, so I know the xp computer should be all set up and ok.
    Now my problem is, my new windows 10 pro 64bit will not recognise any other computer on the net work even as it is "joined" and allows file transfers, I can connect to it and transfer files from other computers, but I cannot connect, transfer, or use remote desktop connections from the new computer to connect to any other computer windows 10 or xp.
    As far as I know, I set it up the same way as my other 3 windows 10 computers, any help or tips would be appreciated.
    Thanks

:)

freeflow, Aug 21, 2018

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 21, 2018
  3. Windows XP to Windows 7 Connection Issue

We have 5 computers in the office here, 3 on Windows 7 and 2 still on Windows XP. My problem is that on the XP machines I can see all 3 Windows 7 computers but can only access 2 of them. I checked my sharing & security settings and i'm pretty sure I set all of them up the same way.

Anyone have any ideas as to what my problem is? Oh and I think I reset both one of the XP machines and the Windows 7 machine that I couldn't connect to. When I did this i'm pretty sure it worked for...a while.

Thanks in advance.

computersolutions, Aug 21, 2018
  4. Windows 10 computer will not connect to windows xp computer

Microsoft Windows XP Downgrade Program Extended by Another Six Months

Alot of company still happy with their old computers with XP on it. They saw no reasons to upgrade to Vista. Upgrading their system to Vista mean new hardwares or even branch new computers for a whole company, but what will Vista gives them? XP already have everything they need.

Vista is just a stepping stone for Windows 7, just like Windows Me was a stepping stone for Windows XP.

I'm not dislike Vista, I would stick with XP, but I want to learn new things about new OS. It's time to move on, and adopt new things.

kid41212003, Aug 21, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 computer will not connect to windows xp computer

1. Windows 10 computer will not connect to windows xp computer - Similar Threads - computer connect computer

2. Connect an XP computer to our home network .

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connect an XP computer to our home network .: I want to connect an XP computer to our home network. The other computers are Windows 10. They connect with each other although the printer on one of them which is "shared" cannot be connected to, although it can be seen/discovered. So two problems! Problems have developed...
  3. Is it possible to file share between a windows 10 computer and a windows xp computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to file share between a windows 10 computer and a windows xp computer: So im trying to make my old windows xp computer into a server so i enabled file sharing on both of the pcs and it doesn't work. Does anyone now how to solve this problem? submitted by /u/Imaginary_Hold1466 [link] [comments]...
  4. network with windows 10 and windows XP computers

network with windows 10 and windows XP computers: Hello, We use 4 XP computers and one Windows 10 computer. They are on an ethernet network using TCP/IP protocol. One of the XP computer does not see the Windows 10 computer. Symmetrically, the Windows 10 computer does not see this XP computer. Each of the 4 XP computers...
  5. Install Windows 10 or 8.1 on Windows XP Computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install Windows 10 or 8.1 on Windows XP Computer: Feb. 1, 2020 Hello Folks, I have a Dell Dimension 4600 desktop with 4 GB. ofmemory, a Pentium 4 processor running Windows XP service pack 3, 32 bit. This computer meets the minimum requirements for Windows 10. I realize the performance would be slow, but that is OK as I am...
  6. Windows xp professional on a Windows 10 computer

Windows xp professional on a Windows 10 computer: I have some software that needs Windows XP Pro or Vista to work. Will it work on the new computers with Windows 10? Computer is about to crash and need this software for my business. It is a Point Of Sale and they stopped making it also, but I have years of info and...
  7. Unable to connect to Windows XP computer on my local network.

Unable to connect to Windows XP computer on my local network.: Windows 10 computer unable to see or connect to Windows XP computer on my local network. I have set-up network sharing on both computers linked to network through cable/modem. Windows XP sees Windows 10 computer, but won't connect. Windows 10 computer does not see Windows...
  8. Migrating legacy xp computer to new Windows 10 computer

Migrating legacy xp computer to new Windows 10 computer: I need help in starting up a new Win 10 computer and migrating from a legacy xp computer. My local Microsoft store tells me this is not truly possible...
  9. Cannot Connect to shared printer on Win 10 computer from XP Computer

Cannot Connect to shared printer on Win 10 computer from XP Computer: Like the title says (I'll refer to the Windows 10 computer as "WIN10" and the Windows XP computer as "XP") On XP, I can go to View Workgroup Computers > WIN10 and I can see all the shared drives and folders, open them, delete files in them and copy files to and from them. I...
  10. Windows 10 computer and problem it caused on my xp computer

Windows 10 computer and problem it caused on my xp computer: I am running windows 10 on this computer and I was setting up a wireless printer, also used by my windows xp computer. Now when I turn on my xp computer, I see the same screen as is on my windows 10 computer (same icons on taskbar but no icons n screen) and can not use the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 could not connect to windows xp