Windows 10: Windows 10 Computer will not Turn Off

Discus and support Windows 10 Computer will not Turn Off in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; When I restart or turn off, the computer hangs. Per a variety of fixes I found online, I have used the solutions, but nothing has worked. reinstall... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by JackHannah2, Feb 12, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Computer will not Turn Off

When I restart or turn off, the computer hangs. Per a variety of fixes I found online, I have used the solutions, but nothing has worked.

• reinstall windows 10 64
    • replace C: and did a clean install
    • replaced secondary drive D: in case it was bad
    • ran sfc scannow to Clear temp files in windows /system32/tasks ...
    • turned off the fast boot option in Windows

It's a Microcenter Powerspec Computer. I bought one a while back that eventually would not turn on. This one will not turn off. Due to the fact my laptop and the problematic computer are running the same re-install of Windows 10, I am thinking the problem is hardware. But that doesn't make sense to me.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks

:)

JackHannah2, Feb 12, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 12, 2021
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Feb 12, 2021
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 Computer will not Turn Off

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Feb 12, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Computer will not Turn Off

1. Windows 10 Computer will not Turn Off - Similar Threads - Computer Turn Off

2. Computer randomly turns off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer randomly turns off: For a while now, I have began to notice my computer randomly shutting off without any user input to do so. this can happen when I'm either running an RDP or playing games. I've searched online and I have tried methods such as Check Disk, Memory Diagnostic and System File...
  3. Computer randomly turns off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer randomly turns off: For a while now, I have began to notice my computer randomly shutting off without any user input to do so. this can happen when I'm either running an RDP or playing games. I've searched online and I have tried methods such as Check Disk, Memory Diagnostic and System File...
  4. Computer turning on is a turn off.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer turning on is a turn off.: My computer sometimes turns itself on when it's unattended. I thought it was being used by a bitcoin miner, but virus checks didn't show anything.To prevent it happening I started turning off the net using software before putting it to sleep or shutting down. standard menu...
  5. Computer Turning Off Automatically

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer Turning Off Automatically: So for some reason after like around 10 or 20 minutes, my computer will just turn off randomly without a reason. Any idea what is causing this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-turning-off-automatically/407cd294-6809-49a6-bb5e-e623a011b9aa
  6. I turned on my Windows 10 computer and then turned off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I turned on my Windows 10 computer and then turned off: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/OrangeandKirby [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kngh64/i_turned_on_my_windows_10_computer_and_then/
  7. Computer turns on then off immediately

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer turns on then off immediately: while I'm using my computer it crashed then showed a blue screen and the error code was system_service_exception i Ieft my computer for several minutes but nothing happened so I restared my computer and it kept turning on then off immediately the whole time can anyone tell me...
  8. how to turn computer off windows 10

how to turn computer off windows 10: how to turn computer off windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-computer-off-windows-10/46d3c060-d542-4839-8ad1-51bcf0478ccb
  9. Computer Automatically Turns Off

Computer Automatically Turns Off: Recently my computer has been turning off automatically for seemingly no reason. It doesn't appear to be a problem with the fans or overheating, and it isn't trying to restart or reboot either. I can't figure out what the cause is and it's driving me crazy! Do you have any...
  10. Turn Computer Off Or Leave It On

in Windows 10 Support
    Turn Computer Off Or Leave It On: I've always turned my computer off when not using it (like anything else: lights, TV, radio, stereo, etc.). Why should the computer be on when I'm asleep, at work, not home for whatever reason, etc.? But now I'm reconsidering that. When I turn the computer on it makes a sound...