Windows 10: Windows 10 connected to a certain WiFi and the speed is limited to 2Mb/s

Discus and support Windows 10 connected to a certain WiFi and the speed is limited to 2Mb/s in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; By the following methods, the speed can reach 6Mb/s: Connect the WiFi with other devices; Connect to other WiFi with the device's Windows 10 system;... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by aqu_vice, Sep 19, 2018.

1. aqu_vice Win User

Windows 10 connected to a certain WiFi and the speed is limited to 2Mb/s

By the following methods, the speed can reach 6Mb/s:

Connect the WiFi with other devices;
    Connect to other WiFi with the device's Windows 10 system;
    Connect the WiFi with the device's Fedora system;

The following actions have been tried and invalidated:

Reinstall/Repair the WiFi driver;
    Reset winsock;
    The router confirms that there is no speed limit for device;
    Turn off anti-virus software (Avast)

:)

aqu_vice, Sep 19, 2018

2. Limit download speed when updating

Is there a way to limit the download speed for updates?

The Windows 10 updates today killed my 2Mb/s ADSL connection for anything else Windows 10 connected to a certain WiFi and the speed is limited to 2Mb/s :(

Thanks

Nico

Nico van der Dussen, Sep 19, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Home - WIFI Slow internet speed - limited

Hi,

I Have installed on my brand new laptop windows 10 Home "already updated", I have a 10 Mbps internet connection but only reaches 1.2 Mbps, I ran a speed test on my phone that uses the same WiFi and is reaching 9 Mbps. Something is limiting the bandwidth
    almost in 90% of its capacity, WiFi driver is Updated and I'm sitting next to the modem to get a better signal strength and I get full signal bars but the speed still the same, I already tried some basic troubleshooting suggested by Microsoft but still does
    not work, I don't think something is consuming the bandwidth because my phone gets a good speed. I don't know what else to do.

Modified title from: Windows 10 Home - WIFI Slow internet speed - limited !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OSHNKANTAM, Sep 19, 2018
  4. Windows 10 connected to a certain WiFi and the speed is limited to 2Mb/s

Limited WiFi Connection

I have recently upgraded to Windows 10 and now my internet connection is limited for my WiFi.

When i try connect to my modem i just get limited connection but when I use my mobile phone hotspot it works just fine.

I have tried the following;

To manually reset TCP/IP, follow these steps:

Note: You must be logged on to the computer as an administrator to perform the steps.

1. On the Start search box, type CMD. In the search results, right-click Command Prompt, and then clickRun as administrator.

2. At the command prompt, enter the following command, and then press Enter:netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt--

AND

I would suggest you to update the drivers for the network adapter.

Steps update the drivers for the network adapter.

Refer the following steps.

• Click Start and type devmgmt.msc, and then Enter. The Device Manager window opens.

b) Expand Network Adapter.

c) Right click on the wireless network card and select Uninstall.

d) Restart the computer. Windows should now install the drivers itself.

e) Update the drivers in the same way but by selecting Update driver.
    AND

Flushed and Renewed DNS

AND

Disabled DNS Server on my router

RobertPriest, Sep 19, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 connected to a certain WiFi and the speed is limited to 2Mb/s

1. Windows 10 connected to a certain WiFi and the speed is limited to 2Mb/s - Similar Threads - connected certain WiFi

2. Limit Wifi Speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Limit Wifi Speed: Is there a way to limit wifi network's speed through my pc? If yes, how? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/limit-wifi-speed/9277baa2-e103-4737-a331-13e2413db35c
  3. Limit Wifi Speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Limit Wifi Speed: Is there a way to limit wifi network's speed through my pc? If yes, how? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/limit-wifi-speed/9277baa2-e103-4737-a331-13e2413db35c
  4. Limit Wifi Speed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows 10 limiting wifi speed.

Windows 10 limiting wifi speed.: I currently have a 300-400 mbps wifi speed via my modem. All other devices in my house including another windows 10 PC consistently get this speed on wifi. My personal PC received this same speed when I initially installed my new modem, but ever since has only been able to...
  6. Windows Limiting my Wifi Speed

Windows Limiting my Wifi Speed: Hello. On all other devices in my house, I am getting 200mbps, but with my computer, I can only get anywhere from 15 - 30 and I'm wondering why this is / how to fix it. Appreciate all the help. Edit: My TP-link is saying I should be getting 234mbps, but when I run a speed...
  7. Limited WiFi download speed

Limited WiFi download speed: This is a repost, for some reason I can not reply on that previous post. I have the following system information OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home Single Language Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134 Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation...
  8. Limited WiFi download speed

Limited WiFi download speed: Hello, my other laptops/devices have download speed up to 25mb/sec while this laptop only downloads 500 kb/sec no matter what I do. I have restarted tried the following: 1) device manager, network and tried updating drivers / devices 2) I tried to go to network settings...
  9. Wifi limited download speed

Wifi limited download speed: Hi, I just install Windows 10 from windows 7, my wifi speedtest only 4,5 Mbps but once I connect using ethernet/LAN the speedtest became 15 Mbps. Both upload are on the same Speed. And when i'm using speedtest on my android phone the speed is 15 Mbps , seems there...
  10. Windows 10 Limit Wifi Speed

Windows 10 Limit Wifi Speed: Hello, I am using Windows 10 Pro. Recently more than a month already(after installing Windows 10 2018 update ), I notice my wifi speed is really slow. After I did some trial, I notice I get 30mbps on windows startup, then after 5 minutes, my speed gets limited to 6mbps...