Windows 10: Windows 10, Connecting to WiFi while Ethernet cable is still plugged in.

Discus and support Windows 10, Connecting to WiFi while Ethernet cable is still plugged in. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, i am using Ethernet cable to control my device. Every time i connect to a device using Ethernet port, windows 10 will automatically switch over... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Dy2r, Sep 8, 2018.

1. Dy2r Win User

Windows 10, Connecting to WiFi while Ethernet cable is still plugged in.

Hi,

i am using Ethernet cable to control my device. Every time i connect to a device using Ethernet port, windows 10 will automatically switch over to network/ Ethernet port from WiFi which does not have internet connection.

How do i use the Ethernet port while still connected to the internet via WiFI?

Thank you

:)

Dy2r, Sep 8, 2018

2. Wifi not connecting without Ethernet cable

Basically what happened before: After updating to Windows 10, my computer was not showing any network options. (The icon says "Not connected - No connections are available) Going into Control Panel/Network and Internet/Network Connections, it then says "Local Area Connection Network cable unplugged". I ran diagnostics and it said to plug in the ethernet cable to the network adaptor. So my wifi connection will not work with my laptop unless directly connected to by the ethernet cable. Wifi works fine with phones, ipods/ipads, and another laptop that was also updated to windows 10/a desktop still using windows 8.

infinityxo1, Sep 8, 2018
  3. LVMan777 Win User
    Wifi not connecting without Ethernet cable

Had the same problem with Asus P5K3 deluxe wifi motherboard upgrading to Windows 10...
    Plugged in an Ethernet cable...ok...but no built in wifi
    Next time I "RESTARTED"....voila ....wifi app shows up...and I connected to my router and removed the Ethernet cable...*Cool

LVMan777, Sep 8, 2018
  4. Windows 10, Connecting to WiFi while Ethernet cable is still plugged in.

Plugging Ethernet cable cuts off WiFi connection automatically

Hi, dear Microsoft community,

I have a HP Elite 840 G2 laptop here. The system of this laptop is just upgraded to Windows 10(64-bit). I found an issue now. Every time when I plug in an Ethernet cable, WiFi connection is cut off. The Ethernet cable doesn't have Internet access, it's connected
    to a test equipment. When I disable the Ethernet connection through the window "Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network Connections", WiFi connection is resumed.

I find a lot of information in the Internet, like "upgrade wireless module's driver", "add a key into register", "assign a metric", I tried all of them, but I can still not let my WiFi connection resume. It seems that Ethernet connection and WiFi connection
    can not co-exist on a Windows 10 system, user can only have one of them, either Ethernet connection or WiFi connection.

So, what should I do in this case? Has Microsoft published any update regarding this issue?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards

Update:

This issue comes from my company's group policy. My laptop is not allowed to have Ethernet connection and WiFi connection at same time. I have already received a solution regarding this issue.

@Michelle Vil: Thank you for your quick response. It's not about priority. Windows 10 user should be able to have Ethernet connection and WiFi connection at same time, as what is provided by Windows 7.

Delun Zhang, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10, Connecting to WiFi while Ethernet cable is still plugged in.

1. Windows 10, Connecting to WiFi while Ethernet cable is still plugged in. - Similar Threads - Connecting WiFi while

2. Want to share wifi connection over ethernet cable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Want to share wifi connection over ethernet cable: Objective? I'm trying to set up my Windows 10 computer to share it's wifi connection with another computer that is connected to it through an ethernet cable. Most instructions I've found on this topic tell you to get the wifi properties" > "sharing" tab. Although at that...
  3. Ethernet Cable Connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet Cable Connection: Hi so Ive had my pc for a couple years now and never had any issues with internet or anything. Just last week I saw that my ethernet cable wasnt working. ive replace the cable and have checked the drivers and uninstalled and reinstalled drivers but nothing seems to be...
  4. Ethernet Cable Connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet Cable Connection: Hi so Ive had my pc for a couple years now and never had any issues with internet or anything. Just last week I saw that my ethernet cable wasnt working. ive replace the cable and have checked the drivers and uninstalled and reinstalled drivers but nothing seems to be...
  5. Ethernet Cable Connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Unable to connect to wifi without a ethernet cable

Unable to connect to wifi without a ethernet cable: Hi, I am currently using a lenovo ideapad 320s. Recently, after updating to windows 21H1, my wifi keeps disconnecting at random times. When this happens, the wifi options will disappear. This has been getting worst recently, and now my wifi does not work at all. The intel...
  7. 2 issues: Plugging in an Ethernet cable disables wifi. Even if the ethernet cable isn't...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2 issues: Plugging in an Ethernet cable disables wifi. Even if the ethernet cable isn't...: What Im trying to do: PC on wifi. TV on ethernet the simple act of plugging in an ethernet cable disables my wifi, regardless of where it goes. On top of that, the cable has a solid or blinking amber link light when connected to my tv, meanwhile network and sharing says it's...
  8. Ethernet cable plugged in but there is no internet

Ethernet cable plugged in but there is no internet: I logged onto my PC this morning and noticed I had no internet. I used another ethernet cable and they both did not work. I looked up some solutions and tried doing ipconfig/release and /renew but it says “No operation can be performed on Ethernet 2 while it has its media...
  9. Ethernet Cable Connected, But No Ethernet

Ethernet Cable Connected, But No Ethernet: I have my ethernet cable plugged in and my computer detects that it has been plugged in but it just says ethernet no internet. I've had this problem for a while and i believe that it started after an update. Its getting really annoying and ive tried some things across the...
  10. Wifi not connecting without Ethernet cable

Wifi not connecting without Ethernet cable: Basically what happened before: After updating to Windows 10, my computer was not showing any network options. (The icon says "Not connected - No connections are available) Going into Control Panel/Network and Internet/Network Connections, it then says "Local Area Connection...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 wifi cuts off when ethernet plugged in

2. windows 10 turns off wifi when ethernet cable plugged in

3. how to disable internet while the cable is plugged

4. can wifi still work with the ethernet cable plugged in