Windows 10: Windows 10 connectivity repeatedly drops out

Discus and support Windows 10 connectivity repeatedly drops out in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; HI, I'm wondering if there's anyone that can help. I have a HP Envy laptop with Windows 10 (about 4 years old) and over the past 2 or 3 months I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Chris_236, Jun 20, 2019.

1. Chris_236 Win User

Windows 10 connectivity repeatedly drops out

HI,

I'm wondering if there's anyone that can help. I have a HP Envy laptop with Windows 10 (about 4 years old) and over the past 2 or 3 months I keep losing my connection to wifi an the internet. The connection seems to drop in and out - around a dozen times during the course of the day, and to the extent at times whereby the laptop freezes and I have to reboot. All very frustrating when trying to work. the freezing issue has been occurring less recently, but the connection still keeps dropping.

I've also used another laptop/tablet alongside and the connection is fine on these, so I think it has to be this laptop and/or a Windows 10 issue - I think the problem started after an update a few months ago though I can't recall specifically which.

I've gone through the Windows troubleshooter - e.g. restarting, Identify & repair network problems, updating the network adapter driver (can't roll it back), switched off the firewall, uninstalled my virus software, restarted the router, even done a hard reset of the laptop and left off the majority of the programs I use - but I'm still getting the issue. I'm stumped.

I'm cautious about taking this to a repair shop (trying to find one that's reputable, and that won't cost me a fortune yet not fix the issue). Its getting to the point where I'm wondering whether a new laptop purchase is required (and even trying an Apple Mac).

I wondered if anyone had had a similar experience and any suggestions on what might be causing the issue and how to fix it please?

Any help very gratefully received!

Thanks,

Chris

:)

Chris_236, Jun 20, 2019

2. Windows 10 dropping wifi connection

My laptop keeps dropping the wifi connection. It then says it can't find any wifi networks. Eventually it connects again for 5-10 minutes before it drops again. None of my other devices have any problems with the wifi network. I have followed all the steps
    here repeatedly and nothing has made any difference:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10741/windows-10-fix-network-connection-issues

Any ideas what to try next? It's driving me mad! Thanks.

VROBINSON1, Jun 20, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 20, 2019
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jun 20, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 connectivity repeatedly drops out - Similar Threads - connectivity repeatedly drops

2. Network connection dropping out

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network connection dropping out: My laptop keeps losing its network connection. When I run troublshooter it fixes the problem and reports its a gateway issue. All other devices have no problem....
  3. Ethernet connection drops out but Windows 10 thinks there is no problem

Ethernet connection drops out but Windows 10 thinks there is no problem: I have a very strange problem where randomly, perhaps once a day, my web browsers and email will fail to retrieve data from the net, yet other minor services e.g. Telegram messenger continues to be connected. Windows 10 network settings shows the connection to be working and...
  4. Bluetooth keyboard drops out or key-repeats.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth keyboard drops out or key-repeats.: I've got a weird bluethooth problem in windows 10. The keyboard seems to drop out and disconnet. It takes tons of button presses to get the thing to wake up. I had this issue with a Microsoft 'Designer' Keyboard, even with fresh batteries. To ensure it wasn't the keyboard...
  5. Network connection randomly drops out

Network connection randomly drops out: Symptoms: network access randomly drops out on just one PC. It happens while using both wired and wifi connections although on wifi it seems to be more often. Network will eventually return after a while but If I reset the adaptor (disable then enable) then network returns...
  6. Wireless Connection Constantly Dropping Out

Wireless Connection Constantly Dropping Out: When trying to use my University Wi-Fi, my wireless connection keeps changing to "No Internet Access." I keep having to go through the struggle everytime this happens, where I have to end up resetting my wireless adapter. I'm not sure what is causing this; I have filed a...
  7. Internet repeatedly dropping out - W10 - 1803

Internet repeatedly dropping out - W10 - 1803: Hi, my ISP has done various tests on my line etc and says the issue is not down to them. Unfortunately I'm not confident enough to continue with the suggestions emanating from Microsoft chatbot (am elderly disabled). Can anyone assist please?...
  8. Internet connection repeatedly dropping

Internet connection repeatedly dropping: Hi Hope someone can help. For a couple of weeks now I have found that my internet connection keeps dropping. No change in hardware - same PC, same router, wireless connection. Other iPad, phones, TV, etc. no problems. Previously had odd dropping out, but nothing like as...
  9. Surface Internet Connection Dropping Out

Surface Internet Connection Dropping Out: My Surface connects to the internet only sporadically, lasting merely minutes. On the other hand, the Apple devices and Android mobiles--and my gaming rig--never drop out. How can I improve my Surface's connectivity?...
  10. Internet became unstable and repeatedly dropped out

Internet became unstable and repeatedly dropped out: Yesterday, I was prompted to Upgrade from Windows 7 64 bit to Windows 10. The upgrade took about 35 minutes and seem to go smoothly. Today I tried to access the Internet BT Broadband. The first time I connected, the connection stayed up for two minutes and dropped straight...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. connectivity keeps dropping out

2. hp laptop internet drop out repeatdly