Windows 10: Windows 10 connects and disconnects all USB devices

Discus and support Windows 10 connects and disconnects all USB devices in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm currently using version 1803 (17134.228). The only device I have constantly connected is wired mouse. Nearly 2 weeks ago mouse started... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ПавелКугаев, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Windows 10 connects and disconnects all USB devices

I'm currently using version 1803 (17134.228). The only device I have constantly connected is wired mouse. Nearly 2 weeks ago mouse started disconnecting from PC. After replugging it continued working for several hours. The same happened with all devices connected to PC. Then devices started disconnecting more often. Two days ago replugging devices stopped working, then I reinstalled all of the drivers related to USB controllers, rebooted PC and that did the trick, but not for too long - devices started disconnecting more rapidly (once per 20-30 minutes). Disabling USB Selective suspend didn't work. And even Windows reinstalling didn't help - devices continue disconnecting

So, here's what I did:

• Deleting and reinstalling USB drivers
    • Change power setting regarding USB
    • Change power saving option from human interface devices
    • Toubleshoot hardware and devices (USB supplies power, Windows plays connection sound, but still doesn't work anything, even notification "Setting XXX device up" appears)
    • Reinstall Windows

What else can I do?

:)

ПавелКугаев, Sep 5, 2018
  2. Cr00zng Win User

System connects and disconnects USB drives...

Thanks Bree, but doing so made no difference.

I've been researching this issue, including event ID 51. Most seems to suggest that the drive is failing, but that isn't for my drive. The USB 3.0 hub on the monitor does not have the system connect/disconnect issue, transferring 11 GBs of data didn't even take long:

Windows 10 connects and disconnects all USB devices [​IMG]

The most helpful advice had been this one:

USB port mess... - Windows 7 Help Forums

Yes, my own post from four years ego in Windows 7 forum, pretty much forgot that the Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5 TH motherboard has a hardware issue related to the USB ports.

Maybe removing all USB hubs/devices, let Windows 10 detect them and install the driver(s) would resolve this. After reading through my link above, I am not inclined to do that at this time...

Again, thanks for your help Bree...

Cr00zng, Sep 5, 2018
  3. usb keeps disconnecting and reconnecting windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

• What is the make model of your system?
    I suggest you to Change the USB power management settings and check.

• Open Device Manager.

• Double-click the type USB to change power management settings.

• Right-click the specific device you want, and then click
      Properties.

• On the Power Management tab, change the power management settings.

I would also suggest you to refer to the suggestion by
    Ashish Sondhi from the following link and check if it helps.

USB devices keeps disconnecting/ reconnecting automatically

Also refer:

• What if a wired device isn't installed properly?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/what-device-isnt-installed-properly

(Note: steps in the above article applies to Windows 10 as well)

Let us know if you have any further query on Windows, we are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Sep 5, 2018
  4. Windows 10 connects and disconnects all USB devices

making a switch to connect/disconnect a device

say i want to connect and disconnect something like an external hard drive on a usb cable. which cable to i splice in a switch? 5v line?

karolpl2004, Sep 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 connects and disconnects all USB devices

1. Windows 10 connects and disconnects all USB devices - Similar Threads - connects disconnects USB

2. All usb devices connecting and disconnecting randomly LiveKernelEvent 144

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All usb devices connecting and disconnecting randomly LiveKernelEvent 144: Hi,All my usb devices randomly connect and disconnect. The rgb lights on my pc also flicker when this happens.I Have checked my reliablity monitor and found this issue happening dozens of times per day.I dont have any new hardware, and my temps are fine. I have also updated...
  3. All usb devices connecting and disconnecting randomly LiveKernelEvent 144

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All usb devices connecting and disconnecting randomly LiveKernelEvent 144: Hi,All my usb devices randomly connect and disconnect. The rgb lights on my pc also flicker when this happens.I Have checked my reliablity monitor and found this issue happening dozens of times per day.I dont have any new hardware, and my temps are fine. I have also updated...
  4. All usb devices connecting and disconnecting randomly LiveKernelEvent 144

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. All USB devices Disconnect randomly on Windows 11.

All USB devices Disconnect randomly on Windows 11.: All of my USB devices randomly disconnect and will sometimes reconnect on their own in 10-20 seconds. Other times when they do not reconnect I have to completely restart the PC to get devices back working. I have tried uninstalling drivers for the USB roothubs and devices...
  6. All USB devices Disconnect randomly on Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All USB devices Disconnect randomly on Windows 11.: All of my USB devices randomly disconnect and will sometimes reconnect on their own in 10-20 seconds. Other times when they do not reconnect I have to completely restart the PC to get devices back working. I have tried uninstalling drivers for the USB roothubs and devices...
  7. All devices are connecting and disconnecting at random

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All devices are connecting and disconnecting at random: My mouse, keyboard and headset, which aren't Bluetooth, randomly will all disconnect at the same time and reconnect seconds later. I've factory reset my pc twice and this is still happening. I've tried updating bios and still this continues. I've used my equipment on other...
  8. All devices are connecting and disconnecting at random

All devices are connecting and disconnecting at random: My mouse, keyboard and headset, which aren't Bluetooth, randomly will all disconnect at the same time and reconnect seconds later. I've factory reset my pc twice and this is still happening. I've tried updating bios and still this continues. I've used my equipment on other...
  9. All devices keep disconnecting and then connecting again all at once, Windows 10

All devices keep disconnecting and then connecting again all at once, Windows 10: Anywhere from every hour to every 30 minutes all my devices will turn off, including my two usb devices, one bluetooth mouse and another wired keyboard, and my bluetooth headphones. I have attempted to reset the bluetooth server and uninstall and reinstall the driver for my...
  10. All USB Devices Disconnect and Reconnect

All USB Devices Disconnect and Reconnect: Good day everyone. I have been recently having this problem where all my USB devices disconnect and reconnect right after. It seemingly has only started happening once I was using my webcam/Zoom software for at-home work during this quarantine time, so I would wonder if that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. long usb cable device disconnects

2. usb connects then disconnects

3. usb devices disconnecting occasionally w10

4. usb hub keeps disconnecting windows 10,
  5. windows 10 usb connects and disconnects,
  6. connecting disney my circle and all devices on network disconnects