Windows 10: Windows 10 connects to LAN 2-3 minutes after startup

Discus and support Windows 10 connects to LAN 2-3 minutes after startup in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The title says it all, whenever I start my Windows 10 up I can only establish connection my network (connection to NAS, DNS server, Internet) after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by kevindd992002, Jun 5, 2019.

1. Windows 10 connects to LAN 2-3 minutes after startup

The title says it all, whenever I start my Windows 10 up I can only establish connection my network (connection to NAS, DNS server, Internet) after around 2 - 3 minutes. I use a Samsung 970 EVO nVME SSD, so boot times are very fast. I get an IP from my DHCP server (pfsense) immediately but nothing seems to be responding to ping, cannot resolve hostnames, etc. until after 2 - 3 minutes.

What can I do to solve this? I'm still at Windows 1809 (17763.529) if that matters. I can gladly provide any other details if needed.

Thanks!

:)

kevindd992002, Jun 5, 2019
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Jun 5, 2019
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Good LAN party games?

Most of my suggestions have already been listed.

However, I found Swat4 to actually be a pretty fun LAN game, especially at smaller LAN parties.

newtekie1, Jun 5, 2019
  4. Windows 10 connects to LAN 2-3 minutes after startup

Home LAN Connection

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. What is the make and model of your PC?
    2. Are you aware of any changes made on your PC, prior to this issue?

I understand your concern, let us try few troubleshooting methods to resolve this issue and check if that helps:

Method 1: Set existing LAN connection as default.

To do that,

1. Click on the network icon on the bottom right corner of the taskbar.
    2. Now click on ‘Network & Internet settings’.
    3. Select ‘Change adapter options’.
    4. Now tap on ‘Alt’ key on the keyboard to display the file menu.
    5. Click on ‘Advanced’ options.
    6. Now click on ‘Advanced settings’.
    7. Click on the network that you are currently using. (Network 2 in your case).
    8. Click on the green arrow pointing upwards.
    9. Now click on OK.

Method 2: Update Network adaptor drivers.

I would suggest you to refer the article on
    Update drivers in Windows 10.
    Please follow the steps provided in this article with respect you’re Network Adapters.

If the issue persist, you can try the remaining steps from the following article on
    Fix network connection issues in Windows and check if that
    helps.

Reply with information to the above questions, in order to assist you further.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Jun 5, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 connects to LAN 2-3 minutes after startup

1. Windows 10 connects to LAN 2-3 minutes after startup - Similar Threads - connects LAN minutes

2. Remote desktop connection logs in after 2 minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote desktop connection logs in after 2 minutes: We have a set of Windows 10 computers where we connect remotely via remote desktop connection.We have a single user that we use to log in and it's configured as administrator on these machines. The problem we are facing on some of them is that each time we want to log in we...
  3. Remote desktop connection logs in after 2 minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote desktop connection logs in after 2 minutes: We have a set of Windows 10 computers where we connect remotely via remote desktop connection.We have a single user that we use to log in and it's configured as administrator on these machines. The problem we are facing on some of them is that each time we want to log in we...
  4. PC freezing and restarting after 2-3 minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freezing and restarting after 2-3 minutes: Hello,I've been having this issue for a while and it has resurfaced once again. After checking the windows reliability monitor I am met with these issues:The hardware errors I do not know how to solve. However I believe them to be associated to my graphics card, as the issues...
  5. PC freezing and restarting after 2-3 minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC freezing and restarting after 2-3 minutes: Hello,I've been having this issue for a while and it has resurfaced once again. After checking the windows reliability monitor I am met with these issues:The hardware errors I do not know how to solve. However I believe them to be associated to my graphics card, as the issues...
  6. LAN connection cuts every few minutes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    LAN connection cuts every few minutes: Hello everybodyI have a problem, that every now and then my connection to the internet cuts off. Every few minutes it disconnects for a few seconds befor connecting by itself again.I have connected my laptop Lenovo ThinkPad X1 via a dockingstation via cable to the...
  7. Windows 10 boots normally but stucks on the desktop after 2-3 minutes of login

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 boots normally but stucks on the desktop after 2-3 minutes of login: Hi, My HP envy m6-k015dx sleekbook was running normally with Windows until last week it started to freeze on the desktop after a few seconds of login. I booted into safe mode and disabled all Start-up apps from the Task Manager and disabled the display adapters in device...
  8. My windows pc keeps freezing 2 minutes after startup

in Windows 10 Support
    My windows pc keeps freezing 2 minutes after startup: I hope someone can help me with some problems I have with my windows PC. It keeps freezing after startup and I have been trying to find out what it is but nothing works. So what happens is the following: whenever I start my pc it does okay, untill I load in some programs...
  9. Screen Goes Black For 2-3 Minutes After Startup/Restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen Goes Black For 2-3 Minutes After Startup/Restart: Upon reaching the desktop after a restart or startup, my screen goes completely black for 2-3 minutes. After that, the desktop appears again and everything works as expected – although some system tray items continue to load. This is not an intermittent thing - it happens...
  10. Battlefield 2 not connecting to LAN multiplayer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battlefield 2 not connecting to LAN multiplayer: I have a legit old copies of BF2. While the game works on Windows 7 and 8 including local multiplayer, but on Windows 10, I tried to join to other PC with the same game version, BF2 shuts itself down. However hosting the game seems working without problems and other PCs can...