Windows 10: Windows 10 - Constant Freezing every 2 seconds

Discus and support Windows 10 - Constant Freezing every 2 seconds in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, So I had a problem with my laptop freezing for about a second every ~2seconds. I clean installed windows and the problem persisted. I found a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Scott MacLachlan Student, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Windows 10 - Constant Freezing every 2 seconds

Hi,

So I had a problem with my laptop freezing for about a second every ~2seconds. I clean installed windows and the problem persisted.

I found a problem with my hard drive so I got a new one and replaced it. The problem still persisted.

I have a hard drive with linux installed and put it into my laptop and there was no freezing.

I have tried almost every possible fix online, sfc /scannow... memory check.. updating drivers.. updating Windows.

Furthermore on the freezing all applications freeze up and the mouse stops, although oddly if watching a video the laptop freezes up, browser stops and video but audio continues fine. Also when loading up on POST when HP logo appears there is no lag the loading screen goes fine then when it gets to Windows loading screen the loading circle visibly freezes.

Laptop Specification:

HP Notebook N7J73EA#ABU

AMD A6-6310 APU with Radeon R4 Graphics @ 1.8GHz x64bit

Seagatw 500gb SSHD ST500LM000-1EJ162 Newly installed and checked no errors

4gb ram

Newly installed Windows 10 home installed and activated

:)

Scott MacLachlan Student, Aug 1, 2020
  2. johanruda Win User

Windows freezing every 2 seconds for a second at the time

Hey peeps!

I'm helping a friend update her HP laptop (15-n204eo) to Win10 from 8.
    Problem is that after the update, the computer freezes every 1-2 seconds for 1-2 seconds. It is constant and never stops.

Drivers are up to date and so it Windows itself. I've tried a fresh install as well, but same problem.
    We did not have these issues in Win8.

Any thoughts?

johanruda, Aug 1, 2020
  3. kiowa Win User
    Windows freezing every 2 seconds for a second at the time

Just to add a new comment. My old laptop -ThinkPad Levono 11e- after an upgrade to SSD and new memory, it started acting exactly as described above. I installed the AMD Radeon Crimson and all the updates that come with it, and solved the problem. It does not freeze every 2 seconds anymore !!!
    Here is a list of a few things that I tried before this solution: fresh Windows 10 reset (keeping my files & deleting all of them), power management change, scanning multiple times for all the hardware and software.
    Thank you for post about using the 'old' AMD Radeon driver!

kiowa, Aug 1, 2020
  4. Vee39 Win User

Windows 10 - Constant Freezing every 2 seconds

Constant freezing, slow to open programs and files.

The title says it all. Constant freezing and slow to open programs - I'm talking about minutes not seconds. I have anti-virus and malware software working. Recently, downloaded latest Windows 10 update. Now it seems worse. But it was bad before that. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Vee39, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 - Constant Freezing every 2 seconds

1. Windows 10 - Constant Freezing every 2 seconds - Similar Threads - Constant Freezing every

2. Constant beeping from speakers every 2 seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant beeping from speakers every 2 seconds: Everything works perfect on my computer but every 2 seconds I get a beeping sound going "ba-do". I have tried updating my drivers, restarting my computer but nothing is working. The only way I have been able to not go crazy is by right clicking the volume icon and going to...
  3. Constant beeping from speakers every 2 seconds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Constant beeping from speakers every 2 seconds: Everything works perfect on my computer but every 2 seconds I get a beeping sound going "ba-do". I have tried updating my drivers, restarting my computer but nothing is working. The only way I have been able to not go crazy is by right clicking the volume icon and going to...
  4. Constant stuttering every second

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Constant stuttering every second: Hello,I recently started having a problem within the last day where the entire computer will freeze almost every second for a millisecond while audio sounds fine and is never interrupted.I don’t remember doing anything that would have started this besides disabling the...
  5. Windows 10 freezing every 2 seconds.

Windows 10 freezing every 2 seconds.: Hey i have a problem i started upgrading from windows 8.1 to windows 10 and once windows 10 loaded i relized that the screen freezes for 2-1 seconds and every 2-1 seconds. On windows 8.1 it dosent have that problem. Its a problem i went to youtube when a youtube video loads...
  6. constant stutter every 10 seconds

constant stutter every 10 seconds: getting a constant system stutter every 6 seconds. mouse pauses, anything running pauses for half a second constantly just re installed windows 10 to an older dell inspirion 15 laptop. also replaced hard drive, memory card and battery. when ran diagnostic and getting this...
  7. Screen freezes for a second every 2 seconds.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen freezes for a second every 2 seconds.: Ive had this for a while now, and ive tried every single fucking article on the internet. Microsoft Support does not help me. This didnt happen in windows 8.1, even though i did a clean install. Specs: CPU: AMD A6-6310 with AMD Radeon R4 Graphics GPU: AMD Radeon(TM) R4...
  8. Window 10 freezes every few seconds.

Window 10 freezes every few seconds.: Window 10 freezes every few seconds. After 5 minutes, window 10 begins to freeze please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-10-freezes-every-few-seconds/51d9b5b3-15b6-452f-b2ae-39675bac96cc
  9. Windows freezing every 2 seconds for a second at the time

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows freezing every 2 seconds for a second at the time: Hey peeps! I'm helping a friend update her HP laptop (15-n204eo) to Win10 from 8. Problem is that after the update, the computer freezes every 1-2 seconds for 1-2 seconds. It is constant and never stops. Drivers are up to date and so it Windows itself. I've tried a...
  10. Laptop Freezes Every few seconds for 2-3 seconds.

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop Freezes Every few seconds for 2-3 seconds.: Hello. I need Help Regarding my Laptop Freezing Problem. My Laptop Hardware. Intel Core i7 4510U 2.0 GHZ 1TB HDD 8GB RAM Intel Build in graphics card Windows 10 Home x64bit My Issue is that my computer is keep Freezing for two or 3 seconds or some time more....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. computer stalls every 10 sec