Windows 10: Windows 10 Constant Freezing

Discus and support Windows 10 Constant Freezing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have recently re-installed windows on my computer because it was constantly freezing up and causing major lag problems while gaming. I thought it was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by McGoo1327, Dec 22, 2019.

1. McGoo1327 Win User

Windows 10 Constant Freezing

I have recently re-installed windows on my computer because it was constantly freezing up and causing major lag problems while gaming. I thought it was only an issue in game but it happens at any time whether I have programs running or not. The computer is not maxing out ram/cpu. Everything in task manager stays under 30% unless I start using different programs but those aren't the cause of the freezing. It happens anywhere from 1-7 times a minute. It makes doing anything on the computer very difficult. I have checked all of my drivers and they are up to date. Restarting does nothing to solve the issue. I'm looking to see if I'm the only one having this issue or if this is a common thing and there is a fix

Computer Specs:

CPU: Intel i7 6700K 4GHz OC to 4.5GHz

RAM: 32GB DDR4

MoBo: Asus Maximus Hero IX

GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070

HDDs: WD Black 256GB M.2, ADATA 1TB M.2, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, WD Blue HDD 3TB

Windows Version: Win 10 Enterprise 1909

OS Build: 18363.535

:)

McGoo1327, Dec 22, 2019
  2. Vee39 Win User

Constant freezing, slow to open programs and files.

The title says it all. Constant freezing and slow to open programs - I'm talking about minutes not seconds. I have anti-virus and malware software working. Recently, downloaded latest Windows 10 update. Now it seems worse. But it was bad before that. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Vee39, Dec 22, 2019
  3. Window 10 - Constant freezing

Yeah really helpful for Windows 10. The link takes you to a guide for Windows 7 and 8.

This OS is garbage. CONSTANT FREEZING. CONSTANT. NEVER ENDING.

I've tried clean reboots, the entire panoply. It's ****, and it's embarrassing that MIcrosoft releases such junk.

MartinH1965, Dec 22, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 22, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Constant Freezing - Similar Threads - Constant Freezing

2. Constant freezes, lags, stutters and blue screens on everything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant freezes, lags, stutters and blue screens on everything: Around a week ago, I started receiving random freezes, which then escalated to crashes, which then further escalated to blue screens while playing a game called VALORANT. This wasn't just while playing VALORANT; it just happened more frequently, and I only received blue...
  3. Constant freezes, lags, stutters and blue screens on everything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Constant freezes, lags, stutters and blue screens on everything: Around a week ago, I started receiving random freezes, which then escalated to crashes, which then further escalated to blue screens while playing a game called VALORANT. This wasn't just while playing VALORANT; it just happened more frequently, and I only received blue...
  4. Lenovo Ideapad 5 15ARE05 constantly restarting, freezing and blue-screening randomly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo Ideapad 5 15ARE05 constantly restarting, freezing and blue-screening randomly.: This has been going on for a little while and I still don't understand what the solution is. No matter, what I do, even cleaning the dust out of PC, it will still randomly restart for no apparent reason. However, there are a few errors that I found in both "Application" and...
  5. Lenovo Ideapad 5 15ARE05 constantly restarting, freezing and blue-screening randomly.

Lenovo Ideapad 5 15ARE05 constantly restarting, freezing and blue-screening randomly.: This has been going on for a little while and I still don't understand what the solution is. No matter, what I do, even cleaning the dust out of PC, it will still randomly restart for no apparent reason. However, there are a few errors that I found in both "Application" and...
  6. PC constantly freezing but can still hear audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC constantly freezing but can still hear audio: I got a new PC back In January and I've had 0 problems until yesterday when I tried playing dayZ with some friends and my pc froze halfway through our session. I thought it was strange as I never freeze but waited to see if it would resolve and it didn't. I had no use of...
  7. PC constantly freezing but can still hear audio

PC constantly freezing but can still hear audio: I got a new PC back In January and I've had 0 problems until yesterday when I tried playing dayZ with some friends and my pc froze halfway through our session. I thought it was strange as I never freeze but waited to see if it would resolve and it didn't. I had no use of...
  8. Constant freezes, lags, stutters and blue screens on everything

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Constant freezes, lags, stutters and blue screens on everything

10. Windows 11 constantly freezing for 10-15 second when switching apps/chrome, closing apps.

Windows 11 constantly freezing for 10-15 second when switching apps/chrome, closing apps.: Whenever I've got a program with either tabs or a menu bar I've noticed it'll completely freeze everything for 10-20 seconds EVERY time the mouse moves from say "file" to "edit" or "view", or from a chrome tab to the next tab or even the top bar of an adjacent window. That's...