Windows 10: Windows 10 constantly adding random English input languages to the Language Bar

Discus and support Windows 10 constantly adding random English input languages to the Language Bar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 Pro. I think originally it was a UK version, but I am not sure how to check it. In my language settings I only have 4 languages... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Sesamme, Apr 16, 2021.

1. Sesamme Win User

Windows 10 constantly adding random English input languages to the Language Bar

I have Windows 10 Pro. I think originally it was a UK version, but I am not sure how to check it.

In my language settings I only have 4 languages installed. English US, Lithuanian, Hebrew and Russian.

However on my Languages bars by the way - why the heck there are 2 of them on Windows10?! there randomly appear English UK and English International in addition to the other languages see screenshots. This is constantly interfering with my work, because often English US just decides it will switch to English Intl, so my keyboard shortcuts stop working properly and each time I need to figure out what happened and switch languages again and again.

I tried a lot of solutions offered on these forums, I even have reinstalled the whole Windows OS once. Nothing helped...

Sometimes those non-existing languages disappear I think it changes usually after sleep or restart, but I am not sure - it just feels random

Windows 10 constantly adding random English input languages to the Language Bar 79125e09-a0ed-4837-8150-d4879f7d597a?upload=true.png Windows 10 constantly adding random English input languages to the Language Bar 6e1ab321-2d41-479a-b2be-73fcd2854c3d?upload=true.png

:)

Sesamme, Apr 16, 2021
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Random language keeps adding to my language bar

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate the efforts taken by you in resolving the issue. I understand that a random language gets added
    automatically. I’ll certainly assist you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

• May I know the language that gets added?

• Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

If you have not tried the lpksetup command, I would suggest you to give it a try and see if that helps. Refer
    the steps mentioned below:

1. Press and hold
      Windows logo key + R, to open Run dialog box.

2. Type
      lpksetup and click on OK.

3. Now, select
      Uninstall display language.

4. Select the language that you want to uninstall and click on
      Next.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 16, 2021
  3. SarahEL Win User
    Primary language not on language bar Windows 10

OS is Windows 10. Primary language is English (US) with International keyboard layout. Secondary languages are Hebrew and Greek. Keyboard shortcut for moving from one to another is Alt-Shift.

Problem: The primary language does not appear on the language bar, so I cannot move to English by using Alt-Shift, or even by clicking on the language bar.

In the language setup, English is clearly present as the primary language at the top of the list and with the input method designated.

The only way I was able to type in this question was by installing a different English (English-UK), which was added to the bar and could then be selected.

SarahEL, Apr 16, 2021
  4. Windows 10 constantly adding random English input languages to the Language Bar

Uninstall primary input language

Hello,
    I'm using english-US as display language, but german (DEU) as keyboard input language.

I would like to uninstall the english (ENG) keyboard since the input language switches to english when I hide the unneeded language bar.
    It was very simple under win7, but here I did not find the way (remove is disabled). Can you suggest a solution?

Thanks, Marco

marcomarsella, Apr 16, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 constantly adding random English input languages to the Language Bar

1. Windows 10 constantly adding random English input languages to the Language Bar - Similar Threads - constantly adding random

2. Unwanted Input language in language bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unwanted Input language in language bar: So I noticed that, when I open that small keyboard bar in the right bottom corner, I have 2 input languages shown, which I haven't added. Now, I know how to remove them, but the problem is here:1. These 2 languages are shown in that small keyboard layout boxSo CroatianBosnia...
  3. Unwanted Input language in language bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unwanted Input language in language bar: So I noticed that, when I open that small keyboard bar in the right bottom corner, I have 2 input languages shown, which I haven't added. Now, I know how to remove them, but the problem is here:1. These 2 languages are shown in that small keyboard layout boxSo CroatianBosnia...
  4. Language bar keeps adding languages to itself

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Language bar keeps adding languages to itself: I don't know why but my language bar keeps adding the English US and/or English US-International options. It is not in the Language preferences > Preferred languages list when I click on it though....
  5. duplication of the English input language

in Windows 10 Customization
    duplication of the English input language: Hi Community! When I want to change input language, using 'window' + 'space', I can now see a 'duplication' of the English option even though my setting says there should only be one English and one Swedish option see image. Can someone explain how I get rid of this...
  6. Windows Languages randomly adding

Windows Languages randomly adding: After performing and update, or windows protect action the languages mystically appear on the tray in the bottom right corner, thus making the changing of language a pain in the **** since there are 6 languages - 3 of which I'm not familiar with and I don't use. Language...
  7. Random language keeps adding to my language bar

Random language keeps adding to my language bar: None of the solution on the forum work and I still get random languages added to my bar after restart. I can find it on the settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/random-language-keeps-adding-to-my-language-bar/f1a51b67-152d-4932-844c-19f49e74420c
  8. Languages added randomly.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Languages added randomly.: Hi everyone, For some reason I got two (!) languages added that I never had before, cannot see them in settings. Already made an IgnorePreloadKeyboardLayout key (as I had UK keyboard that appeared suddenly), it did help for some time, but now I encounter this again. How...
  9. Inputs randomly appearing in the language bar

Inputs randomly appearing in the language bar: Hello, I keep having getting random keyboard inputs added to the language bar, cluttering the things to the point where it`s annoying to use. It happens on both my laptops and desktop. Even after a clean reinstall of Windows on both machines, the issue persists. Sometimes...
  10. Adding English Language Pack

in Windows 10 Support
    Adding English Language Pack: With the previous build (10074) I could switch the interface between English and Swedish but although Win 10 tells me that I have switched to English it does not change, it just stays in Swedish. Is this a build 10122 thing? 6252