Windows 10: Windows 10 constantly and insanely switches to another keyboard layout

Discus and support Windows 10 constantly and insanely switches to another keyboard layout in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello. I've been having a weird issue for the last two days with Windows 10 10586.17. Normally I use the Spanish - Latin American keyboard layout... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pcuaron, Dec 7, 2015.

1. pcuaron Win User

Windows 10 constantly and insanely switches to another keyboard layout

Hello. I've been having a weird issue for the last two days with Windows 10 10586.17. Normally I use the Spanish - Latin American keyboard layout besides the English - US one. Windows recently decided to add Spanish - Spanish (which is really different from the other one) and is constantly changing the layout to that one without my intervention! (That is, even without pressing alt+shift the layout will change by itself after a while.)

Even stranger, while both Spanish layouts are shown in the language switcher menu left to the clock in the taskbar, both the old Control Panel and the new Settings App show only the correct Spanish - Latin American keyboard layout. This means I can't even uninstall the wrong one. The only solution so far is to choose the correct layout with the mouse from that menu every time it changes.

What can I do? It's driving me insane.

Thanks!

ps: the accent key is located differently on both layouts, so this affects 95% of the words that I write

:)

pcuaron, Dec 7, 2015
  2. Jack__LIU Win User

Missing feature to switching input language (keyboard layout) without using mouse

Switching keyboard layout without using mouse is missing in Windows 10.

Previously, in Windows 7, we are able to use Control + Shift or customize key combo to switch different keyboard input layout.

In Windows 10, we have move our hands away from keyboard, use the mouse, change keyboard layout, then go to back type.

From this perspective, it seems moving backward.

How do I switch keyboard layout without using mouse?

Jack__LIU, Dec 7, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Keyboard layout all fixed to English qwerty

I recently upgraded my computer to Windows 10, but there is an issue with switching keyboard layout.

I use two keyboard layouts: English and Korean. I usually switch layout using right ALT, but somehow keyboard layout stays English after pressing right ALT. So, when I checked keyboard layout, the display says it is Korean, but when I see preview it is English
    qwerty keyboard.

Is there any way to use the keyboard as I used to?

Turquoise_Haze, Dec 7, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 constantly and insanely switches to another keyboard layout

1. Windows 10 constantly and insanely switches to another keyboard layout - Similar Threads - constantly insanely switches

2. Keyboard constantly changes language layout by itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard constantly changes language layout by itself: Hello,Some of our users are encountering an annoying issues with their keyboard layout since ~ Mars I would say. I suspect Windows Update to be the source of the problem. We have two keyboard layouts :- Swiss french- Swiss germanThe issue is that some of our French users have...
  3. Windows 10 keeps switching keyboard layouts.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 keeps switching keyboard layouts.: Hi, After every reboot of an up to date Windows 10, my keyboard layout switches to Swiss German, but I'm working on a PC with a US international keyboard. Sometimes I work from my laptop with a Swiss German keyboard. Somehow the computer's keyboard layout is tied to the...
  4. Language keyboard layout switching issue

Language keyboard layout switching issue: Hello, Since a few weeks, I have some troubles with the language preferences : I'm a french user of a qwerty keyboard because qwerty is the best<3 but obviously, I need to switch to the french layout when I want to type the accented letters. For more than a year I had no...
  5. Keyboard layout switching issue

Keyboard layout switching issue: Hello, I use Windows 10. In my system there are several combination of language/keyboard layout: - English/United States-International QWERTY - English/US QWERTY - Russian/Russian - French/United States-International QWERTY - French/French AZERTY I try to configure...
  6. Auto-switch keyboard layout?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Auto-switch keyboard layout?: I have 2 keyboards with different layouts (US-International and PT-ABNT2) I switch back and forth between. I currently have a shortcut set to change layouts. Is there any way to configure Windows 10 so it automatically switches to the correct layout based on the keyboard I'm...
  7. Problems switching between keyboard layouts

Problems switching between keyboard layouts: I am having trouble switching between keyboard layouts for different languages. English is my default setting and I have the language packs for 4 other languages installed. However, the language selection icon the one that normally appears in the lower righthand corner...
  8. Unable to Switch Keyboard Layouts with Shortcuts

Unable to Switch Keyboard Layouts with Shortcuts: So I saw one other person had a similar problem here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-layout-hotkey-shortcut-does-not-work/4399b607-d6a1-4388-86b7-0dda8b69c19b I'm posting this both because while I had the problem with Windows 7, it wasn't as...
  9. Windows 10 touch keyboard does not switch keyboard layouts.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 touch keyboard does not switch keyboard layouts.: When I am in tablet mode, the touch keyboard on screen will not switch keyboard layouts. I have the option in the corner to change layouts, and I can tap the option and change the letters displaying on the on-screen keyboard, but when I type, the letters showing up are based...
  10. Randomly switching to unwanted keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Support
    Randomly switching to unwanted keyboard layout: When I type in French I use the Canadian Multilingual Standard layout. This is what I have configured in my settings and it is what worked fine for me for years until a week or two ago (which suggests the April update may have had something to do with it). Now when I switch...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 switches keyboard layouts by itself

2. windows 10 switches keyboard by itself