Windows 10: Windows 10 constantly crashing and running extremely slow

Discus and support Windows 10 constantly crashing and running extremely slow in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; As the title says, ive had trouble with Windows 10 recently. When i turned on my pc today, i noticed that Windows was extremely slow, and it kept... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Anthony Loor, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Windows 10 constantly crashing and running extremely slow

As the title says, ive had trouble with Windows 10 recently. When i turned on my pc today, i noticed that Windows was extremely slow, and it kept freezing. It then froze completely, so had to force the shut down by pressing and holdong the off button. After that, i turned my pc back on and it took around 5-10 minutes to take me to the login screen. Once i log i notice that Windows was still running very slow and kept freezing. I then restarted, had to wait another 10 minutes, and after logging back in, i get this black screen, with my loading pointer only. I had to wait around 15 minutes to finally be able to access my desktop. Then, after so many restarts, Windows is still running extremely slow and constantly freezing. I have paid anti malware software, so i doubt that i may have a virus. What should i do?

:)

Anthony Loor, Mar 12, 2019
  2. Nima G Win User

Office 365 extremely(s slow, unresponsive and crashes constantly

My work laptop has recently been upgraded to Office 365. I now find all the Office apps to be extremely slow, unresponsive and crash near constantly. Even simple things like opening a excel spreadsheet is met with loading ring. I have tried a number of remedies
    listed on the forums. But I do not believe I have to become a software engineer and start going through remedy after remedy, just to create a power point or open Outlook.

I have similar issues with my personal Outlook.com email account, both the app and the web version are ridiculously slow and unresponsive (tried switching between beta and normal, cleared cache, looked at java). Good luck trying to delete a email on there.

I think everything from Windows 10, to Office 365, to Outlook.com are sub par and poorly developed programs, which is a shame as I have been using Windows and Windows based apps for over 18 years.

Nima G, Mar 12, 2019
  3. PC running slow and video's are buffering constantly on Windows 10.

Original Title: I suddenly found my system

I suddenly

found my system to be extremely slow in opening anything and video's are buffering constantly, I have Windows 10 ~ Was 8.1

Svenvon Magnus, Mar 12, 2019
  4. peach1971 Win User

Windows 10 constantly crashing and running extremely slow

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Mar 12, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 constantly crashing and running extremely slow

1. Windows 10 constantly crashing and running extremely slow - Similar Threads - constantly crashing running

2. Windows 10 running extremely slow.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 running extremely slow.: The windows installed on my desktop Lenovo All in One running extremely slow. I have observed most of the time either updates are downloading or installing. It takes 10-15 minutes to open any app. I am giving preference for updates but it will make system so slow then what is...
  3. Windows 10 running extremely slow.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 running extremely slow.: The windows installed on my desktop Lenovo All in One running extremely slow. I have observed most of the time either updates are downloading or installing. It takes 10-15 minutes to open any app. I am giving preference for updates but it will make system so slow then what is...
  4. Windows 10 running extremely slow.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Laptop is running really slow and constantly crashing/freezing.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop is running really slow and constantly crashing/freezing.: I have a laptop that I bought in 2015 and after 2-3 years it started to become a bit slower, but after doing some cleaning it started to run just fine. It's a windows 8.1 laptop and I only upgraded it to windows 10 recently, like 2 months ago. For the past year, the laptop...
  6. Help with windows 10 running extremely slow.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help with windows 10 running extremely slow.: So i tried to put windows 10 on an ssd while running apps and programs from my normal hdd. After i got it working on the ssd my computer froze and seems to have bricked the ssd as i cant seem to find it when on BIOS or in device management. As i boot the old windows running...
  7. computer running extremely slow

computer running extremely slow: computer running extremely slow https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-running-extremely-slow/26b8dc66-77ca-43d2-8036-74b46f9e0ec6
  8. laptop running extremely slow

laptop running extremely slow: The current format of Microsoft 10 running on the laptop is so large that it takes up 90% of the available data of the computer and severely slows it down. Is there a smaller laptop version I can run or a deferent operation IOS that would be more suitable for a computer with...
  9. windows 10 running at extremely slow speed

windows 10 running at extremely slow speed: I am running windows 10 version 1709 (OS build 16299.431) I went out for 20 minutes with my system up and running and online. When I came back my system was in the Bios settings. I turned it off and powered it on and it got me to my logon screen then system started...
  10. "Not responding"/running extremely slow

"Not responding"/running extremely slow: I have an Asus laptop running on Windows 10. Recently it's been booting up EXTREMELY slow as well as running slow. Also, when I have programs open (doesn't matter which ones) it will come up as "not responding" in the middle of using it. I recently ran sfc/scanned via command...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. slow running or crashing of apps in windows 10

2. windows running extremely slow and crashing