Windows 10: Windows 10 constantly freezing

Discus and support Windows 10 constantly freezing in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; See specs Operating System Windows 10 Pro 64-bit CPU AMD FX-6300 18 °C Vishera 32nm Technology RAM 8.00GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 799MHz... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/pc_for_charity, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Windows 10 constantly freezing

See specs

Operating System

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

CPU

AMD FX-6300 18 °C Vishera 32nm Technology

RAM

8.00GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 799MHz (11-11-11-28)

Motherboard

MSI 970A-G43 (MS-7693) (CPU 1) 37 °C

Graphics

BenQ GW2255 (1920x1080@60Hz) 8192MB ATI Radeon RX 580 Series (Unknown) 35 °C

Storage

931GB Crucial CT1000MX500SSD1 ATA Device (SATA (SSD)) 29GB SanDisk Cruzer USB Device (USB )

Optical Drives

No optical disk drives detected

Audio

Realtek High Definition Audio

I had to update Windows 7 to 10 last week and it's been lagging and freezing a lot in games, internet, moving files around...basically everything. There is also a strange delay in my sound, especially if no sound has played in a while. It's as if the sound driver has "gone to sleep" and needs a second to wake up and start playing again.

I originally installed W10 onto this computer, had the problems, and then reinstalled W7 and everything was much better.

If I need to provide more information, let me know and I'll update the post.

submitted by /u/pc_for_charity
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/pc_for_charity, Jan 22, 2020

2. Windows 10 Constantly Freezes

Windows 10 on PC constantly freezes. I called support with no help. It freezes every 2-3 minutes. This is unacceptable and I don't know what to do. The Windows rep suggest that I could go back to Windows 8. I've had 10 for almost two months and I would
    like to keep it; I just want it to stop freezing my PC. I have tried the various suggestions given to no avail, this is a Windows 10 problem. PLEASE HELP

ShakeelaMuhammad, Jan 22, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 22, 2020
  4. GVT11 Win User

Windows 10 constantly freezing

Screen freezes constantly after latest update

My screen freezes constantly after latest update - Nov 17. Even freezes during repair or system restore. Suggestions other than paying Geek Squad $150?!

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup

Original title/subject: Windows 10 update

GVT11, Jan 22, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 constantly freezing

1. Windows 10 constantly freezing - Similar Threads - constantly freezing

2. PC constantly freezing but can still hear audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC constantly freezing but can still hear audio: I got a new PC back In January and I've had 0 problems until yesterday when I tried playing dayZ with some friends and my pc froze halfway through our session. I thought it was strange as I never freeze but waited to see if it would resolve and it didn't. I had no use of...
  3. PC constantly freezing but can still hear audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC constantly freezing but can still hear audio: I got a new PC back In January and I've had 0 problems until yesterday when I tried playing dayZ with some friends and my pc froze halfway through our session. I thought it was strange as I never freeze but waited to see if it would resolve and it didn't. I had no use of...
  4. Constant freezes, lags, stutters and blue screens on everything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant freezes, lags, stutters and blue screens on everything: Around a week ago, I started receiving random freezes, which then escalated to crashes, which then further escalated to blue screens while playing a game called VALORANT. This wasn't just while playing VALORANT; it just happened more frequently, and I only received blue...
  5. Constant freezes, lags, stutters and blue screens on everything

Constant freezes, lags, stutters and blue screens on everything: Around a week ago, I started receiving random freezes, which then escalated to crashes, which then further escalated to blue screens while playing a game called VALORANT. This wasn't just while playing VALORANT; it just happened more frequently, and I only received blue...
  6. Windows 11 constantly freezing for 10-15 second when switching apps/chrome, closing apps.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 constantly freezing for 10-15 second when switching apps/chrome, closing apps.: Whenever I've got a program with either tabs or a menu bar I've noticed it'll completely freeze everything for 10-20 seconds EVERY time the mouse moves from say "file" to "edit" or "view", or from a chrome tab to the next tab or even the top bar of an adjacent window. That's...
  7. Windows 11 constantly freezing for 10-15 second when switching apps/chrome, closing apps.

Windows 11 constantly freezing for 10-15 second when switching apps/chrome, closing apps.: Whenever I've got a program with either tabs or a menu bar I've noticed it'll completely freeze everything for 10-20 seconds EVERY time the mouse moves from say "file" to "edit" or "view", or from a chrome tab to the next tab or even the top bar of an adjacent window. That's...
  8. Windows 11 This is CONSTANTLY FREEZING MY SYSTEM!!!! ->A fatal error occurred while...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 This is CONSTANTLY FREEZING MY SYSTEM!!!! ->A fatal error occurred while...: I am TRYING to use my iCone app and windows 11 sporadically crashes my system. It just happened 3 times in a row. I have tls 1.2 turned on on my system.I need a solution NOW! This has been going on for months and nothing I've found online resolves this issue even applying the...
  9. Windows 11 This is CONSTANTLY FREEZING MY SYSTEM!!!! ->A fatal error occurred while...

Windows 11 This is CONSTANTLY FREEZING MY SYSTEM!!!! ->A fatal error occurred while...: I am TRYING to use my iCone app and windows 11 sporadically crashes my system. It just happened 3 times in a row. I have tls 1.2 turned on on my system.I need a solution NOW! This has been going on for months and nothing I've found online resolves this issue even applying the...
  10. PC Constantly Freezing, have to hold power button to force power off

PC Constantly Freezing, have to hold power button to force power off: Hello,My computer has had this issue for the longest time, but is becoming more and more frequent. Whenever I load into a game call of duty, Assassins Creed, etc. after 5-10 minutes of playing, my entire pc becomes completely frozen and I have to hold the power button for it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 screen freeze then go to black