Windows 10: Windows 10 constantly refusing pin

Discus and support Windows 10 constantly refusing pin in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; For some reason, my fathers computer keep refusing his pin. we reset it through forgot my pin. It works the first couple of time and then it refuses... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Droolius, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Droolius Win User

Windows 10 constantly refusing pin

For some reason, my fathers computer keep refusing his pin.

we reset it through forgot my pin. It works the first couple of time and then it refuses it again.
    same pin.
    how do we fix this issue. Its like someone is changing the pin in the background.

:)

Droolius, Jul 9, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 9, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Windows 10 PIN Sign-in

Hi Pat,

It is possible that the PIN set in an earlier build does not work after reinstalling Windows 10. To better assist you, we'd like clarify few things:

• Which build and version of Windows 10 is installed on your computer?
    • Which build and version of Windows 10 are you using before reinstalling Windows?
    • Have you tried resetting your PIN?
    • Did you get any error messages after you verified the PIN you entered?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    on how you can reset your PIN.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Jul 9, 2020
  4. Windows 10 constantly refusing pin

Have PIN for Windows 10 but need Windows password

Hi,

To set up a PIN on your Windows account, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Type the word pin in the search box and select
      Set up PIN sign-in

• Under the PIN section, click the
      Add
      button.

• Enter the password for your user account, then click the
      OK button.

• Follow the instructions on the screen.

Let us know how it goes.

Aileen Alf, Jul 9, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 constantly refusing pin

1. Windows 10 constantly refusing pin - Similar Threads - constantly refusing pin

2. Why does my PIN code refuse to be accepted?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my PIN code refuse to be accepted?: Hello.I've recently re-downloaded Minecraft for the first time in a while, on a new computer. As such, I have to log in and connect my Microsoft account. On every attempt, it allows my email, accepts my password, and then asks for my Windows Hello PIN code - and then refuses,...
  3. Why does Microsoft refuse to fix the constant error 0x87DD0005 ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Microsoft refuse to fix the constant error 0x87DD0005 ?: you can't say it isn't a known issue but you refuse to fix your **** bug ridden OS to stop users from being locked out of programs they have purchased.Why does Microsoft REFUSE to fix this consistant bug?I can log into xbox.com and that uses my microsoft ID and password. To...
  4. Why does Microsoft refuse to fix the constant error 0x87DD0005 ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does Microsoft refuse to fix the constant error 0x87DD0005 ?: you can't say it isn't a known issue but you refuse to fix your **** bug ridden OS to stop users from being locked out of programs they have purchased.Why does Microsoft REFUSE to fix this consistant bug?I can log into xbox.com and that uses my microsoft ID and password. To...
  5. Constantly having to reset pin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Constantly having to reset pin: About once a month I am asked to reset my pin stating "my administrator" requires it. At first I was scared that someone was controlling my account, but upon looking it saying I am the administrator, but yet it won't let me put a stop to this constant demand of new pins with...
  6. Windows Hello and PIN constantly needs setup

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello and PIN constantly needs setup: Domain Environment, Hybrid Azure Group policies support biometrics Windows Hello for Business is *not* configured To my knowledge, nothing limiting or preventing Windows Hello or PINs Several users report that Windows Hello needs setup almost every day. PIN and Face...
  7. Windows 10 refuses to activate?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 refuses to activate?: Good afternoon, Microsoft Community. I'm Chris, and I have a Lenovo Ideapad 120S-11IAP running Windows 10 10856 November Update - NU, which don't ask me to update, as I'm doing something about the version that I'm on right now. But it was activated and everything was...
  8. Windows Hello refuses to recognize my PIN.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello refuses to recognize my PIN.: Alright. So I am trying to also put my Microsoft account onto my husband's laptop and it says IHAVE to use Windows Hello, but I have never heard of it until now. It asks for my PIN and when I put in the pin it says it's incorrect, so I changed it on my pc and restarted my pc....
  9. W10 Login with PIN code in SAFE mode is refused

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 Login with PIN code in SAFE mode is refused: When I login in W10 in Safe mode, the pincode is refused. Is this a bug? How can this be solved? 125340
  10. Windows 10 refuses to sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 refuses to sleep: Hi! I felt like I should re-open that thread here. I got an issue (on the pic attached). Anyone knows how to kill that beast? 2208