Windows 10: Windows 10 constantly sets to powersave mode after exiting game or fullscreen video

Discus and support Windows 10 constantly sets to powersave mode after exiting game or fullscreen video in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hey there folks, i'm going completely insane with this issue hopefully someone can help, first off the description of the issue. Anytime I exit... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Craig7726, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Craig7726 Win User

Windows 10 constantly sets to powersave mode after exiting game or fullscreen video

Hey there folks, i'm going completely insane with this issue hopefully someone can help, first off the description of the issue.

Anytime I exit either a fullscreen game, or fullscreen video (youtube, netflix etc.) the computer moves from high performance to powersave mode automatically, and changes the time to 1 minute to enter sleep.

Things i've done to try to fix it thus far. I have enabled and disabled windows game mode, I have reset default power mode settings, i have reinstalled windows and dell software, I have changed out anti-virus programs, I have removed the profile setups from the directory completely from the dell software that attempts to control said things, I have tried not using the dell software associated with alienware, I have ensured that the computer is not overheating and that all components are functioning properly, including psu, gpu, ram, and power supply, I have reinstalled windows from scratch, I am going completely batty over this ****, please someone help.

:)

Craig7726, Oct 30, 2018
  2. Craig7726 Win User

Windows 10 constantly sets to powersave mode after exiting game or fullscreen video

Hey there folks, i'm going completely insane with this issue hopefully someone can help, first off the description of the issue.

Anytime I exit either a fullscreen game, or fullscreen video (youtube, netflix etc.) the computer moves from high performance to powersave mode automatically, and changes the time to 1 minute to enter sleep.

Things i've done to try to fix it thus far. I have enabled and disabled windows game mode, I have reset default power mode settings, i have reinstalled windows and dell software, I have changed out anti-virus programs, I have removed the profile setups from
    the directory completely from the dell software that attempts to control said things, I have tried not using the dell software associated with alienware, I have ensured that the computer is not overheating and that all components are functioning properly,
    including psu, gpu, ram, and power supply, I have reinstalled windows from scratch, I am going completely batty over this ****, please someone help.

Craig7726, Nov 9, 2018
  3. Black Screen issue for Exclusive Fullscreen mode when exiting or Alt+Tab to Desktop

Hi,

Issues with exiting from a game in full-screen mode may occur due to several reasons. It is possible that your video card driver is not updated or not compatible with the current configuration of your PC. To properly isolate your concern, please provide
    us the following information:

• Are you using a dual monitor display?
    • Does the issue occur when exiting the games from windowed mode?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far to resolve the issue?
    • Have you tried to update your video card drivers?

In the meantime, we suggest that you install all the critical and important Windows Updates on your computer by following the steps on this

link

Loraine Mon, Nov 9, 2018
  4. Windows 10 constantly sets to powersave mode after exiting game or fullscreen video

Windows 10 exits Fullscreen mode in games randomly and sometime on the hour and hour 1/2

I have tried a clean boot but this still happens & it also just happened in Tomb Raider as well. According to
    Rohit Chettri in the post this has been an ongoing issue with Microsoft Windows 10 since the Insider program. Running the game in windowed mode does not fix the problem of running the games in fullscreen mode. I am happy to work with Microsoft
    to fix this problem. The games still exit fullscreen mode at 12pm everyday, there must be a reason why this happens at this time.

Bernie Mansell, Nov 9, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 constantly sets to powersave mode after exiting game or fullscreen video - Similar Threads - constantly sets powersave

2. Video games lagging on fullscreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video games lagging on fullscreen: My video games were running really smooth before. Now, the same games are running smoothly on windowed mode but as i enter into fullscreen, it starts to lag heavily Probably due to latest windows update, i don't know. Windows and graphics driver are updated already. Please...
  3. Video games lagging on fullscreen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video games lagging on fullscreen: My video games were running really smooth before. Now, the same games are running smoothly on windowed mode but as i enter into fullscreen, it starts to lag heavily Probably due to latest windows update, i don't know. Windows and graphics driver are updated already. Please...
  4. Immediately enters Powersave Mode after Boot [Windows 10]

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Immediately enters Powersave Mode after Boot [Windows 10]: After attempting to perform a "fresh start" Windows 10 update, the computer boots past the Dell logo, the Windows logo appears, spins, and starts up , then immediately it enters powersave mode, and the monitor turns off. The desktop will not wake up. When I attempt to...
  5. Windows changes size of browser window after exiting a fullscreen video

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows changes size of browser window after exiting a fullscreen video: I'm not sure what subject to post this under but every time i exit a fullscreen video or really anything that goes fullscreen in a browser my window will go from filling the whole screen to windowed. Every time it changes to the same size window, even if i'm already in...
  6. Snapped Windows get bigger after exiting fullscreen mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Snapped Windows get bigger after exiting fullscreen mode: Hi, I recently reset my PC and now when I have a snapped window (ie Google Chrome/VLC media player) and enter and exit fullscreen the window gets resized slightly to being wider than it was before. How do I figure out what's causing this?...
  7. Video in game is choppy in fullscreen mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Video in game is choppy in fullscreen mode: so lately i got a problem with the games most likely with the thirt person ones,when i enter fullscreen from alt+tab the game becomes choppy(i have good fps so its not a lag problem) when i move my character and mouse.I even reinstalled windows(10 Pro) and its still the same...
  8. All games and videos blacking out in fullscreen mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    All games and videos blacking out in fullscreen mode: All of my games, on Steam, Origin, Blizzard, or Uplay have this problem where they black out for about five seconds any time I click or select an option in the game. This is also happening with fullscreen Netflix and Youtube. The issue occurs in fullscreen and windowed...
  9. BSOD watching YouTube fullscreen/exiting fullscreen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD watching YouTube fullscreen/exiting fullscreen: For like an half a year I have been getting blue screens, sometimes randomly when watching Youtube videoAttachment 113450s, sometimes exiting fullscreen and immediately doing something else, like going into another tab etc. I have tried to fix it by searching for the...
  10. Netflix App sets VGA 4 color video mode on exit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Netflix App sets VGA 4 color video mode on exit: I just installed the Netflix app for Windows 10 because I was having an issue with the streaming web site. Whenever I viewed any Netflix content, when I closed the browser window (tried Chrome, Firefox, IE) the video was set to the old VGA 4 color mode (at least that's what...