Windows 10: Windows 10 constantly stutters upon boot up. I am out of options and looking for guidance.

Discus and support Windows 10 constantly stutters upon boot up. I am out of options and looking for guidance. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I tried /r/techsupport but got no takers. Sorry if this is wrong place to post, please take down if it is. I dragged out 7 as long as I could but had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/hillside, Nov 12, 2020.

1. Windows 10 constantly stutters upon boot up. I am out of options and looking for guidance.

I tried /r/techsupport but got no takers. Sorry if this is wrong place to post, please take down if it is.

I dragged out 7 as long as I could but had to change over last week for my kid's new Oculus Rift. Chose not a clean install so as to save my files and programs. Windows is stuttering 2-3 times/second even upon boot up - the wheel stops and starts and the song blarps. My computer info is in stats link below.

I'm not super savvy but I can follow instruction. I dug around the internet and this is what I've done so far:

• Windows update after install, including optionals
    • Updated display driver, chipset driver checker said no need for update
    • Device Manager - Disabled Wifi. I didn't dick around too much in here.
    • DL'ed LatencyMonitor tool. Here are some results, but I don't understand what they say. 1.main, 2.stats, 3.drvs, 4.cpus
    • Booted in Safe Mode - Stuttering still there
    • Opened BIOS upon startup - No stuttering in BIOS.

Any idea where to go from here?

submitted by /u/hillside
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/hillside, Nov 12, 2020
  2. Entegy Win User

Voice guidance option missing

After you've got the list of directions, tap a step in the directions list to get the voice guidance. It's not a "real" turn-by-turn where it will automatically tell you when to turn, you have to tap a direction step.

As a fellow Canuck, I recommend you leave all regional options on "English (Canada)" except Browser & search Language. Leave that one on "English (United States)" to get Local Scout.

Entegy, Nov 12, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 12, 2020
  4. Josef Bri Win User

Windows 10 constantly stutters upon boot up. I am out of options and looking for guidance.

Re: All boot options are tried...

Hi Elda,

If the boot sequence didn't work, then we suggest try running the laptop in safe mode. To do this, here's a few steps to follow:

• Power down your laptop.
    • Turn it back on again.
    • When you turn it back on, press F8 repeatedly until the power on option appeared.
    • If you see the boot option "Safe Mode with Networking", choose that option.
    • See if you can boot up in Safe mode.

We'll look forward to your response.

Josef Bri, Nov 12, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 constantly stutters upon boot up. I am out of options and looking for guidance.

1. Windows 10 constantly stutters upon boot up. I am out of options and looking for guidance. - Similar Threads - constantly stutters upon

2. Why am I getting bluescreened upon boot?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am I getting bluescreened upon boot?: The computer in question is a 9 year old msi gaming series that I'm trying to update to windows 10 from windows 8.1.I installed the .ISO to an empty 8 gig UDisk and selected the UDisk as Boot Option #1 in BIOS. After saving the configuration and resetting, I get an exception...
  3. Why am I getting bluescreened upon boot?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why am I getting bluescreened upon boot?: The computer in question is a 9 year old msi gaming series that I'm trying to update to windows 10 from windows 8.1.I installed the .ISO to an empty 8 gig UDisk and selected the UDisk as Boot Option #1 in BIOS. After saving the configuration and resetting, I get an exception...
  4. Strange blank pop up window upon boot up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange blank pop up window upon boot up: Hi there something pretty strange happened today after starting my laptop and logging in a brief pop up window appeared it happened very fast to fast to get what is going on. I understand that is not enough information but that is all I got for now. This issue does not happen...
  5. Strange blank pop up window upon boot up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange blank pop up window upon boot up: Hi there something pretty strange happened today after starting my laptop and logging in a brief pop up window appeared it happened very fast to fast to get what is going on. I understand that is not enough information but that is all I got for now. This issue does not happen...
  6. Message upon booting up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Message upon booting up: Upon booting up my PC, the following appears on the screen: Checking Media Presence Media Present Start PXE over IDv4. Press ESC to about PXE boot I usually just let it do its thing. Seems to boot up as usual and everything is working just fine. Just wondering why...
  7. Constant audio stuttering with windows 10 bluetooth

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Constant audio stuttering with windows 10 bluetooth: Any bluetooth audio device I use on my windows 10 pc is constantly stuttering. I have tried reinstalling the drivers of the devices and the driver for my USB bluetooth adaptor. Any USB connected audio device works fine. Here's an example of the stuttering I've also tried...
  8. Constant Stuttering

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Constant Stuttering: Hello, I have just started getting some really bad stuttering on my PC. Specs: EVGA 1080 SC2 i7-8700k 32GB of Ram 3200 mhz 1TB SSD I have tried everything I could online, for some reason my PC wont roll back, and resetting fails. I noticed that the antimalware...
  9. I am constantly locked out

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I am constantly locked out: I am unable to get into my onedrive at any time and I think ive been hacked!! ive tried uninstalling it and installing it. pls help !! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/i-am-constantly-locked-out/d417a26e-09dc-4c8a-89b9-fbfd45749596
  10. Constant audio and video stuttering Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Constant audio and video stuttering Windows 10: I currently own a lenovo ideapad 310 15isk laptop with a conexant smartaudio hd sound driver. Anytime I use the computer, the video and audio stutters. I have had this issue for the past month now. At first i thought it was my sound driver, but the problem came back. Then I...