Windows 10: Windows 10 constantly updating preventing me working, using up bandwidth, cpu and memory

Discus and support Windows 10 constantly updating preventing me working, using up bandwidth, cpu and memory in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows 10 does not seem fit for purpose, it is preventing me working. I can see the updates using up resources in task manager, I am unable to run WMS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by tedcopeland, Jan 29, 2021.

1. Windows 10 constantly updating preventing me working, using up bandwidth, cpu and memory

Windows 10 does not seem fit for purpose, it is preventing me working. I can see the updates using up resources in task manager, I am unable to run WMS client when it decides to start updates, as we speak I can see in task manager it is running windows modules installer worker running the cpu and memory up to 100%. Perhaps it is not for people who cannot afford $1000+ machines except for tracking their data.

:)

tedcopeland, Jan 29, 2021
  2. chispy Win User

Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Jan 29, 2021
  3. CPU Fan runs constantly

Hi,

We would like to know the following information to assist you better regarding CPU fan issue.

• Does the fan runs constantly fast or do you hear any noise?
    • Have you tried updating all the drivers of your computer?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps before posting this concern? If yes, what are those?
    • What is the memory/disk usage in task manager?

You may check this by typing Task Manager in the search box
      and hit Enter. Check which application
      is taking more memory or disk usage.

Looking forward to your response.

Reymichael Ros, Jan 29, 2021
  4. Windows 10 constantly updating preventing me working, using up bandwidth, cpu and memory

Window 10 eating my Wifi bandwidth

Whenever I start my laptop and check 'data usage' after couple of minutes, I found 'system' is using my internet bandwidth in size of hundreds MBs.

I urgently need to get rid of this.

I tried many tricks:

• Set wifi on metered connection
    • Disable Windows Update service
    • Disable scheduled task regarding Windows 10 update assistance and some others
    • Set all background app to OFF.
    Still windows 10 constantly eating my bandwidth.

How to stop this unacceptable behaviour?

RahulShah4, Jan 29, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 constantly updating preventing me working, using up bandwidth, cpu and memory

1. Windows 10 constantly updating preventing me working, using up bandwidth, cpu and memory - Similar Threads - constantly updating preventing

2. Windows Update constantly using all internet bandwidth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update constantly using all internet bandwidth: For weeks now my internet connection has been struggling causing significant internet related problems all around the home. I've finally pinned it down to Windows Update on my Windows 10 Dell Workstation.The PC has all the latest updates installed, I have Paused updates,...
  3. Windows Update constantly using all internet bandwidth

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update constantly using all internet bandwidth: For weeks now my internet connection has been struggling causing significant internet related problems all around the home. I've finally pinned it down to Windows Update on my Windows 10 Dell Workstation.The PC has all the latest updates installed, I have Paused updates,...
  4. Windows Update constantly using all internet bandwidth

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. WINDOWS 10 UPDATES USING UP ALL MEMORY

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WINDOWS 10 UPDATES USING UP ALL MEMORY: TO THOSE THAT ARE EXPERIENCING THEIR OS MEMORIES ALMOST FILLING COMPLETELY UP OR ARE AND THEIR COMPUTERS HARD CRASHING.....THIS IS WHY.THERE IS SOME KIND OF ...BUG/CORRUPTED FILE/ERRED SCRIPT...ETC...WITHIN THE MAJOR UPDATES THAT CAUSES YOUR WIN 10 OS TO DUPLICATE YOUR ENTIRE...
  6. WINDOWS 10 UPDATES USING UP ALL MEMORY

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WINDOWS 10 UPDATES USING UP ALL MEMORY: TO THOSE THAT ARE EXPERIENCING THEIR OS MEMORIES ALMOST FILLING COMPLETELY UP OR ARE AND THEIR COMPUTERS HARD CRASHING.....THIS IS WHY.THERE IS SOME KIND OF ...BUG/CORRUPTED FILE/ERRED SCRIPT...ETC...WITHIN THE MAJOR UPDATES THAT CAUSES YOUR WIN 10 OS TO DUPLICATE YOUR ENTIRE...
  7. WINDOWS 10 UPDATES USING UP ALL MEMORY

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Windows 10 constantly using all my bandwidth when it's already fully up to date

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 constantly using all my bandwidth when it's already fully up to date: Windows is completely updated, yet svchost.exe (NetworkService -p) in resource monitor (Delivery Optimization in Task Manager) is constantly using all my bandwidth. When connected to my metered hotspot it uses 100mbps if it can, ignoring my preferences in Settings. In...
  9. Is it just me, or is Windows using more CPU and memory after updating?

Is it just me, or is Windows using more CPU and memory after updating?: it also seems to crash more often. i just opened up a couple browsers and file explorer and suddenly the only thing i can move is my mouse. had to restart my computer submitted by /u/IAmTheNoName321 [link] [comments]...
  10. How to prevent windows from using my bandwidth?

How to prevent windows from using my bandwidth?: Windows seems to be using my connection constantly for updates/telemetry or something else. Already did those: I checked windows update and it says i already have lastest updates installed. Already set a metered connection Disabled telemetry services Set group policy to...