Windows 10: Windows 10 constantly writting to SSD!(3TBW in ONE month)

Discus and support Windows 10 constantly writting to SSD!(3TBW in ONE month) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi! First of all, sorry about my english, its not my primary language. So, I bought a SSD NVME in 30/07/2020(the day that i had the SSD in hands) till... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Meephz, Sep 4, 2020.

1. Meephz Win User

Windows 10 constantly writting to SSD!(3TBW in ONE month)

Hi! First of all, sorry about my english, its not my primary language.
    So, I bought a SSD NVME in 30/07/2020(the day that i had the SSD in hands) till then all good, formated my computer, moved the backup again and all working fine.
    3 days ago I was testing a new plan of Internet(I work on a ISP), then I noticed a "limit" on my download speed using steam, it never happens before, but i didn't gavetoo much attention because I was occupied with other things at this time.
    Then, 2 days ago I did a Benchmark on my SSD, from day 30/07/2020 it fall from 1Gb/s from written to LESS than 300Mb/s!I downloaded CrystalDiskInfo and on the Written Host i saw the 3TBW in just ONE month of use.
    I dont download too much stuff, i dont remember the TBW from my last SSD but more than 1 year of usage, the speed didn't droped, it was a SATA 3 but it keep at 500Mb/s for more than a 1 year before my friend bought it from me.
    The things is, last night, I was tracking the SSD usage and the "System" was writting from 100Kb/s to 1Mb/s ALL time. Tracking it in performance monitor, I saw the C:\$mtf and other C:\$ stuff writting constantly.
    Anyone here had some issue like this? From the application of my SSD vendor, it saw the SSD health is 100% but this speed are really really low from a NVME. I'll format my computer again to see if it increase but would like to know what can I do about all this log in windows.

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Windows Version and computer specs:

Windows 10 2004 (19041.450)
    i7 7700HQ
    16GB RAM
    1 SSD NVME Adata XPG SX6000 Lite
    1 HDD 1TB

:)

Meephz, Sep 4, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 4, 2020
  3. Helmut Win User
    Writting 20GB or more to an SSD

You are fussing about minute details. The SSD deals with evening out wear and replacing memory cells with it's controller, and the memory cell technology used in a particular drive, a user has almost no input.

" should I worry about writting 20 GB or more on a weekly or monthly basis like I've mentioned earlier? "

No, you won't know what is really going on internally with your SSD, nor will you know what writes are being done and to where.

An SSD/HDD will fail eventually, the older it is the greater the chances of failure.

You must have a backup in place so when the drive fails you can get a new one, and get going again.

Helmut, Sep 4, 2020
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Sep 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 constantly writting to SSD!(3TBW in ONE month) - Similar Threads - constantly writting SSD

2. Constant hacking of my Hotmail account for months!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant hacking of my Hotmail account for months!: This account has been hacked since July - there is NO QUESTION that it is these wretched Bitcoin miners harassing me because I won't play ball with them. I hold MS wholly responsible for this because this has been going on for a year, my email account has been inundated with...
  3. Constant hacking of my Hotmail account for months!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Constant hacking of my Hotmail account for months!: This account has been hacked since July - there is NO QUESTION that it is these wretched Bitcoin miners harassing me because I won't play ball with them. I hold MS wholly responsible for this because this has been going on for a year, my email account has been inundated with...
  4. HDD writting data very slowly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDD writting data very slowly: I have this issue where suddenly my 4TB 5400RPM SMR drive with 128MB cache begins writing data copy to or from another drive very slowly 200 kb/sec . The same issue happens if I try downloading something from steam to this drive . The downloading simply does not progress. The...
  5. constant BSODs for the past 3 months

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    constant BSODs for the past 3 months: Hello! I've been having random BSODs for the past 3 months, ever since I repasted my CPU and transferred it to a different case. I've changed my RAM three times, and my GPU once from AMD to Nvidia. I've had times where I would not experience a BSOD in a span of a few days...
  6. Windows 10 constantly writting to SSD!(3TBW in ONE month)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 constantly writting to SSD!(3TBW in ONE month): Hi! First of all, sorry about my english, its not my primary language. So, I bought a SSD NVME in 30/07/2020(the day that i had the SSD in hands) till then all good, formated my computer, moved the backup again and all working fine. 3 days ago I was testing a new plan of...
  7. Move Windows 10 Pro from one SSD to another SSD

Move Windows 10 Pro from one SSD to another SSD: Good morning, I called on the Microsoft community to ask for your opinion on moving the operating system (Windows 10 Pro) from one SSD to another SSD without operating system installation (Windows 10 Pro). I am waiting for an answer from you in this regard !!! Thank you!!! A...
  8. Writting 20GB or more to an SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Writting 20GB or more to an SSD: Hey guys I have a question in regards to my SSD which is a Samsung 850 EVO series 500GB. So at the end of march ( I think the 28th or 29th) i wrote about 20.43GB of data to my SSD this includes updates for windows 10 (1803) and the game that I play. Today, I wrote about...
  9. Windows 10 crashing constantly for the past two months?

Windows 10 crashing constantly for the past two months?: Ever since late April/the beginning of May, my computer has been crashing multiple times a day, every single day, in a number of different ways. On any given day, I'll encounter at least one or two of the following problems: Colorful, horizontal lines appear across screen,...
  10. Windows 10 after one month: Hits and misses

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 after one month: Hits and misses: So what's the story, a month after the big launch? A surprising amount of sound and fury, especially for a midsummer release. In this post, I call out some of the hits and misses, with the caveat that this is all going to continue changing very quickly in the coming months....