Windows 10: Windows 10 constanty tries to rename everything .. but why?

Discus and support Windows 10 constanty tries to rename everything .. but why? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi .. Ive got a swift 5 reasonably new laptop, with windows 10 build 1909 18363.959 this problem recently manifested and despite various attempts to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by redhawk, Jul 16, 2020.

1. redhawk Win User

Windows 10 constanty tries to rename everything .. but why?

Hi ..

Ive got a swift 5 reasonably new laptop, with windows 10 build 1909 18363.959 this problem recently manifested and despite various attempts to fix it, by resetting explorer. I can't seem to resolve the issue.

What happens is when I click on a folder or any type of file, it goes blue as if it wants to be renamed and then I can't click on the icon. (now this doesn't necessarily happen straight away it seems to happen randomly but has never happened before).

I even tried setting files folders to open on a single click instead of double but the problem is still there, ive also tried all those dos commands online to reset explorer as well as options in explorer itself.

What is causing this renaming issue and what can I about it. Is this happening to lots of people or not?

Also it keeps saying i need administrator access to rename the file though i am an adminstrator of course

:)

redhawk, Jul 16, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 16, 2020
  3. mixa Win User
    Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Windows 10 constanty tries to rename everything .. but why? wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jul 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 constanty tries to rename everything .. but why? - Similar Threads - constanty tries rename

2. Windows constanty 'tabbing' in UI

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows constanty 'tabbing' in UI: Hello! I have the same issue as this locked thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-sure-how-to-describe-windows-10-keeps-tabbing/b594d77d-e370-411c-9e6e-0f3c2ac1d141 Yet none of the solutions work for me. Here is a video of the issue:...
  3. Tried everything to fix the corrupted Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Tried everything to fix the corrupted Windows 10: I tried all of the following methods and I’m unable to fix the windows. Here’s what I have tried: Method - 1 Chkdsk c: /r It took it 8 hours to complete and I got error “Failed to transfer logged messages to the event log with status 50”. [IMG] [IMG] Method 2 Sfc...
  4. trying to rename atig6pxx.dll

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    trying to rename atig6pxx.dll: it's an AMD file located in the system32 folder. My account is an administrator. Initially I needed permission from "system", so i followed steps on other microsoft threads and changed ownership to myself, rebooted pc. Now i still cannot rename it as I need permission from...
  5. Why is Windows 10 File Explorer "freezing" and looping when I try to rename a file...

Why is Windows 10 File Explorer "freezing" and looping when I try to rename a file...: The problem has been solved by TURNING OFF "DETAILS PANE" in the VIEW settings. I have a two year old HP SPECTRE notebook running on Windows 10. About two months ago, I began having trouble renaming Word and Excel files; it may have been after an update from Microsoft for my...
  6. Tried everything and I mean everything: cant get into windows 10 disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Tried everything and I mean everything: cant get into windows 10 disk: As the title states I have tried everything. Been reading this forum and tried most of the suggestions. I really don't want to wipe hard drive.There's no excuse but i don't have an up to date image.Lets blame it on covid. So its's my fault all around. I was trying to get a...
  7. BSOD - Windows 10 Pro - Tried Everything

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD - Windows 10 Pro - Tried Everything: Hi i’m having massive issues with a laptop I bought second-hand a few months ago. I am getting BSOD System_Service_Expectation on a regular basis. I’ve tried: - Fresh install of windows 10 pro via USB boot with new disk partitions from scratch. - Updating all drivers to...
  8. Windows 10: "No Internet, open" Tried Everything

Windows 10: "No Internet, open" Tried Everything: I've been struggling with this for a good 6 hours now. Even the console is of no help in fixing this. Only topics about this problem are from 2015. I've tried (in administrator mode): netsh winsock reset netsh int ip reset netcfg -d ipconfig /release ipconfig /renew...
  9. "Settings" not opening in Windows 10. Tried everything.

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Settings" not opening in Windows 10. Tried everything.: I just updated my Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. When i updated it, setting wont open. The screen will pop up for a second then disappears before i can do anything. I've visited numerous of these articles with other people having the same problem, I've tried all of them. And none...
  10. Can't activate Windows 10. Tried everything.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't activate Windows 10. Tried everything.: I just don't know what to do at this point. Won't activate from the "Get Windows 10" program. Won't activate from the MediaCreationTool. It fully downloads and then restarts, but restarts to Windows 8.1 Endless failed updates, Tons of useless downloads in my...