Windows 10: Windows 10 consuming a bit more than half of my bandwidth third day in a row.

Discus and support Windows 10 consuming a bit more than half of my bandwidth third day in a row. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Greetings, I am worried because windows 10 seems to be consuming a little more than half of my contracted internet bandwidth (download speed). When... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Omar Pérez, May 21, 2019.

1. Windows 10 consuming a bit more than half of my bandwidth third day in a row.

Greetings,

I am worried because windows 10 seems to be consuming a little more than half of my contracted internet bandwidth (download speed). When i check task manager for network activity it looks like there's not activity. However when I do some speed test (fast.com/speedtest.net) , my download speed is less than half of the contracted speed, when I turn off this windows 10 device, speed tests give the correct results.

I checked data usage yesterday and the following two apps or services consumed like 32gbs the last three days, one was System and the other wudhud.exe. I have run several windows defender scans and malwarebytes scans without any alert of viruses detected.

Any idea of what's could be going on?

Thanks in advance

:)

Omar Pérez, May 21, 2019

2. Microsoft Minesweeper consuming excess internet bandwidth

Hi,

To resolve your concern, we suggest that you reset your apps to restart or reset the network bandwidth that they consume per app.

Here's how:

• Press Windows + R on the keyboard.
    • Type msconfig, and then click OK.
    • On the General tab, click the Normal Startup, and then click OK.
    • When you are prompted to restart the computer, click Restart.

If the issue persist, we suggest that you contact your Internet Service Provider for additional bandwidth on your network.

If you have comments and suggestions, you can have them posted on our
    Feedback Hub

Let us know how it goes.

Loraine Mon, May 21, 2019
  3. system files consumes all my bandwidth

Hello;

My internet is running slow because the background system files(background intelligent transfer services, delivery optimization, DNS client...) consumes all of my bandwidth. please guide me how to stop these system files from consuming my bandwidth?

Thanks in advance!

hasibstanikzai, May 21, 2019
  4. Windows 10 consuming a bit more than half of my bandwidth third day in a row.

Microsoft Minesweeper consuming excess internet bandwidth

Since the issue only occurs on Microsoft Minesweeper, there are possibilities that the game itself require the amount of bandwidth that it consumes on your computer.

If there will be new updates for the game, you can visit Windows Store to check it.

For suggestions about the game and its features, you are free to post them on our

Feedback Hub

If you need further assistance, feel free to reply on this post.

Loraine Mon, May 21, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 consuming a bit more than half of my bandwidth third day in a row.

1. Windows 10 consuming a bit more than half of my bandwidth third day in a row. - Similar Threads - consuming bit more

2. Windows 11 Notepad failed to open more than 1 million rows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Notepad failed to open more than 1 million rows: A same text file .txt about 631MB and 1 million rows of record able to open in Windows 10's Notepad, but failed to open in Windows 11. It doesn't show any error, it tried to open after that the Notepad app auto closed.Tried other app like Notepad++ and Excel, the same file...
  3. Why windows 11 consumes more RAM than windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why windows 11 consumes more RAM than windows 10: I have a Surface Pro 7 with 8gb of RAM and i have recently upgraded to windows 11, also I think it is important to mention that I work in IT.The thing is that when my laptop use to have windows 1o when it finished booting, the ram consumed was 4gb; now with windows 11 the ram...
  4. Why windows 11 consumes more RAM than windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why windows 11 consumes more RAM than windows 10: I have a Surface Pro 7 with 8gb of RAM and i have recently upgraded to windows 11, also I think it is important to mention that I work in IT.The thing is that when my laptop use to have windows 1o when it finished booting, the ram consumed was 4gb; now with windows 11 the ram...
  5. More than half my files on desktop disappeared randomly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    More than half my files on desktop disappeared randomly: I was using my PC and randomly, more than half of the items on my desktop is gone (shortcuts, files, etc.). The last app I used was Mediamonkey to listen to music. I re-added a few shortcuts and that they showed up. I did not update my PC and nothing changed to my knowledge....
  6. Windows 10 using more than half of my RAM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 using more than half of my RAM: I have Windows 10 Pro x64 version 2004 latest update at the time of writing. This is on 8GB RAM, yet Windows manages to use over half of that see screenshots I've done some googling but I couldn't find a recent answer or an answer I could find in different places....
  7. Service Host: Server service is consuming more than 5G memory in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Service Host: Server service is consuming more than 5G memory in Windows 10: "Service Host: Server" service gradually consumes around 5G memory in Windows 10. I have 8GB RAM installed but due to this service my laptop functions slowly. Could anyone please assist in fixing this issue?...
  8. More than 100 junk mails / day

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    More than 100 junk mails / day: I have been receiving 50 junk mail (hotmail) for long time. Recently, the number jumped up to an unacceptable level - more than 100 hundred junk mails, all advertisement form @XXXXXXX.de. Since the XXXXX is unique to each junk mail, the hotmail junk mail filter does not...
  9. Microsoft Defender protecting more than half of Windows PCs

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Defender protecting more than half of Windows PCs: According to Microsoft, Windows Defender has a 50% (active) share on Windows. Windows Defender’s increasing trust and popularity is an important achievement for Microsoft, especially because many people have been trained to believe that Windows Defender alone isn’t enough....
  10. system files consumes all my bandwidth

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    system files consumes all my bandwidth: Hello; My internet is running slow because the background system files(background intelligent transfer services, delivery optimization, DNS client...) consumes all of my bandwidth. please guide me how to stop these system files from consuming my bandwidth? Thanks in...