Windows 10: Windows 10 consuming excess data

Discus and support Windows 10 consuming excess data in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; All of a sudden my pc is consuming way much data at a great speed without letting me use my own data. I have a cellular network which I can not set as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Mr.Bean2, Oct 25, 2021.

1. Mr.Bean2 Win User

Windows 10 consuming excess data

All of a sudden my pc is consuming way much data at a great speed without letting me use my own data. I have a cellular network which I can not set as metered connection but the problem stays same with the metered WiFi networks. It eats 2GB data per 10 minutes. Internet speed increases all of a sudden and it is no use of me as when I search something or watch it doesn't show up. I've tried all the methods people suggested out there like Setting metered connection, pausing windows update, stopping background apps, turning live tiles off, uninstalling recently installed softwares and scanning fo

:)

Mr.Bean2, Oct 25, 2021

2. Excess amount of data consumption in Windows 10

Hi All,

I have brought a new laptop HP Pavilion x360 with Windows 10 Home. While connecting to internet I found that my laptop is consuming too much of data (1GB/20 min). I have tried all the steps (switching off the updates, background data, etc) given in the forum
    but didn't get any help.

Please suggest.

Brajakishore Mohanty, Oct 25, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 25, 2021
  4. Windows 10 consuming excess data

Windows 10 extreme data usage

Thank you for responding. We would like to request an additional detail so we can further investigate the issue regarding excessive data consumption. Windows 10 normally consumes more data when installing updates to help your PC perform better. To monitor
    the data consumption, may we ask for a screenshot of the App history so we can identify which app is consuming the most data? Follow the steps below:

• In the Windows Search bar, type Task Manager.
    • Open the Task Manager in the search result.
    • Go to the App history tab and check the data consumption difference between
      Network and Metered Network.

Additionally, you may also find more details by going to the Settings app.

• Open Settings app.
    • Click Network & Internet.
    • Go to Data usage tab and click the Usage details link to view all data usage per app ( Both built-in and installed )
    • Once you find the culprit, kindly provide us a screenshot.

We will wait for your response.

Jennifer Cha, Oct 25, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 consuming excess data

1. Windows 10 consuming excess data - Similar Threads - consuming excess data

2. Excessive Data Usage by Windows System

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Excessive Data Usage by Windows System: Why is Windows System using excessive data? Over the past month it downloaded close to 4 terabytes of data. Over 75% of this was downloaded in the past 7 days. When I checked my real-time network utilization it showed that consistently that "Service Host: Network Service -...
  3. Windows 10 consuming excess data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 consuming excess data: All of a sudden my pc is consuming way much data at a great speed without letting me use my own data. I have a cellular network which I can not set as metered connection but the problem stays same with the metered WiFi networks. It eats 2GB data per 10 minutes. Internet speed...
  4. Windows 10 consuming excess data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 consuming excess data: All of a sudden my pc is consuming way much data at a great speed without letting me use my own data. I have a cellular network which I can not set as metered connection but the problem stays same with the metered WiFi networks. It eats 2GB data per 10 minutes. Internet speed...
  5. System consume a lot of data on windows 10

System consume a lot of data on windows 10: Give me some solution how to save my data when I connect my mobile wifi with laptop then my laptop system consume too much data. I lost 6 GB data in an hour, I don't know how to prevent this so please me provide that problem solution....
  6. excessive data use

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    excessive data use: My fairly new Asus Vivo Book uses about 2 GB per day, only access news, mails, FB gameroom and play the odd daily game, no streaming or videos at all. We get 50 GB through satellite, never had overage before. System uses almost 1 GB, Microsoft edge about 450 MB. Way more than...
  7. Windows update consuming data

Windows update consuming data: made the connection metered , turned updates off over metered connection and through gpedit.msc , i have configured auto update to 2- notify for download and auto install . Still the windows updates are downloading in the background .what do I do now ?...
  8. Windows 10 usage of excessive data

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 usage of excessive data: Hello, I purchased a laptop recently and it had genuine Windows 10 installed... I discovered an issue regarding data consumption because there's an system app that uses excessive data... I disabled windows updates but the issue have not been solved......
  9. Something Consume My Internet Connection Excessively

Something Consume My Internet Connection Excessively: Hello. First, sorry for my terrible English. I have problem with my connection. I got higher ping than usual, more than 240 (i checked with CMD), but when i check Task Manager there are no apps that consume my bandwith excessively. I try to check the connection with my...
  10. Excess data usage on Windows 10

Excess data usage on Windows 10: What is causing excess data use in Windows 10? Data usage jumped 26 GB in a little over 1 hour this morning. Only thing open is my email a finance app....