Windows 10: Windows 10 contact can’t be deleted

Discus and support Windows 10 contact can’t be deleted in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Im having an issue with my outlook and windows 10 contacts, when i open my mail app and click the search bar a contact appears when i click on this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by kierangreen1, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Windows 10 contact can’t be deleted

Im having an issue with my outlook and windows 10 contacts, when i open my mail app and click the search bar a contact appears when i click on this contact it says i can add the contact or edit the contact but not delete the contact.

when i go to my desktop (windows 10) and search for the contact it appears in the people app and yet again it says add the contact but i cannot delete the contact, but when i open the people app and scroll through its not there!

I only have one email account linked and synced up to my desktop and my emails, ive even checked skype to see if the contact is snycing from there but its not, its getting quite annoying now that the contact is constantly showing up but im unable to delete it.

If anyone could provide a solution or any possible solutions it would be massively appreciated, thank you.

Moved from: Office/ People and contacts / Adding and managing contacts and groups

:)

kierangreen1, Feb 12, 2019
  2. bestellen Win User

Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, Feb 12, 2019
  3. Dude Win User
    Lost Outlook 2016 Contacts during Windows 10 upgrade

Try the step listed here, it's lower down saying that they aren't in your deleted folder. It is hidden, if not showing click the light bulb and type in recover and it will show you the hidden item

Recover a deleted contact in Outlook - Outlook

4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 contact can’t be deleted

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 12, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 contact can’t be deleted

1. Windows 10 contact can’t be deleted - Similar Threads - contact can’t deleted

2. Why Windows deleting Google Contacts?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why Windows deleting Google Contacts?: Recently I have noticed my Contacts vanishing from my mobile. All my contacts are synced with my google account. And I have a login to Windows 11. It shows my Contacts in the People App. But When I opened my Trash bin of Google Contacts, it showed "Deleted on Windows".Here's...
  3. Can’t contact support

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can’t contact support: Hello, I’ve been trying to start a chat with tech support for over an hour and it won’t let me. Could someone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-contact-support/2a067b89-147a-4222-9cb8-71efdbe98d6e
  4. Windows 10 Mail - delete contact suggestions

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Mail - delete contact suggestions: I have been searching forums off and on for more than a year. How do I delete email address suggestions from Windows? They have to be stored somewhere, they have to be accessible...some way, some how. When I type a name into the address bar and I get ten suggestions for...
  5. Deleting Email Contacts in Windows 10 Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Deleting Email Contacts in Windows 10 Mail: I have contacts that I need to delete from the People App but can’t figure out how to delete or edit these contacts. In the People App I have tried right clicking on the contact but the “delete” option is greyed out. I tried selecting the contact but there is no delete option...
  6. Deletion of old contacts in the Windows 10 People App

Deletion of old contacts in the Windows 10 People App: I recently asked the following question: I am in a constant fight with the People app. It seems to me that this app needs a major overhaul. Two weeks ago, most of my contacts disappeared except some very old ones. Why and How? Absolutely no idea. After some consultation...
  7. deleting contacts in people

deleting contacts in people: how do i delete all contacts at once in people app or delete account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-contacts-in-people/b27166c4-29e6-4b71-9a9c-96471f6e36ec
  8. Delete contact

Delete contact: As per title I've some contacts i'd like to get rid of but cant find anyway to delete them looked in ms help but I've not got the more option as shown so how do I delete them? [ATTACH]...
  9. delete a contact

in Windows 10 Customization
    delete a contact: how can I delete a contact? help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-a-contact/1da09b1d-b728-449a-acb7-07fb9b387457
  10. Contacts Delete Options

in Browsers and Email
    Contacts Delete Options: In Windows 10 mail, my old dead contacts appear in the drop down option box when I click on the first letter, of the email I want to send. When I open People App they don't show there. When I open Outlook on the web my Contacts folder on the bottom left have no Contacts in...