Windows 10: Windows 10 contacts no longer available when faxing via HP Fax

Discus and support Windows 10 contacts no longer available when faxing via HP Fax in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have been faxing to .contacts, from Word, using the HP Fax installed. In order to fax from both of my computers, I moved the contacts from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Coastalguy, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Windows 10 contacts no longer available when faxing via HP Fax

I have been faxing to .contacts, from Word, using the HP Fax installed. In order to fax from both of my computers, I moved the contacts from C:\Users\mypc\Contacts to a folder on my network drive. I then ran shell:contacts to display the default location using the location tab on the resulting properties setting, and changed the default to my network drive folder.

Having continual problems with my IP address changing for my network drive using the dynamic option, I changed it to a static IP address. Having changed my settings, the network drive is displaying on my windows network, however when I open the HP Fax option on Word now, all of the previous contacts are missing. I checked the C:\Users\Mypc\contacts and my network contacts drive folder and both still contain all of the contact files, however I cannot get them to display when sending an HP Fax as before I changed the IP of the network drive.

From the Fax contacts page selections, I can display the printer's fax phonebook and recent faxes, however the fax contact option is blank, which previously displayed the Windows contacts from the default folder.

As I did previously, I assumed I had to change the default location again, which I did before by running shell:contacts which previously opened up the contacts and properties which provided the location tab. However when I now run shell:contacts, I get a message that an app has not been set as a default for this. I haven't a clue what app would be needed to display the shell:contacts, but without one, it will not open.

The current default app now set up is an app called Windows Contacts, which apparently does not do the trick. As it is the only option, along with searching the MS Store, I am lost as to what is needed here.

I'm sure it has something to do with the new IP address of the network drive, but I would sure like to know what. Thanks,

:)

Coastalguy, Aug 5, 2019

2. Windows Fax and Scan

Hi,

I upgraded Windows 10 from Windows 8 recently. I have the same problem.

Based on your instruction, I can find Windows Fax and Scan in C drive, but it can't find my USB connected HP Photosmart 3210 All-in-One to perform document scanning.

There is no problem to print any document through the same HP printer.

Cheers,

Paul

Don Boomer, Aug 5, 2019
  3. Windows FAX and SCAN - Fax missing in Sent Items and Inbox folder

Hi,

I suggest to uninstall the scanner and fax drivers from the device manager and then re-add the fax modem. Restart the computer and create a new connection.

Follow the steps to uninstall the Scanner and fax drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click
      Device Manager

• Expand ‘Other Devices.

• Right-click on the devices listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    Hope it helps.

SujataMoktan, Aug 5, 2019
  4. bestellen Win User

Windows 10 contacts no longer available when faxing via HP Fax

Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, Aug 5, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 contacts no longer available when faxing via HP Fax

1. Windows 10 contacts no longer available when faxing via HP Fax - Similar Threads - contacts longer available

2. HP Digital Fax - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Digital Fax - Windows 11: We had our HP All In One setup, and working, for HP Digital Fax. It has recently stopped working and we rang HP support but they say it is a Windows issue, not an HP issue.Has anyone else come across this and does anyone have a fix as we are wasting a heap of in, and paper...
  3. HP Digital Fax - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP Digital Fax - Windows 11: We had our HP All In One setup, and working, for HP Digital Fax. It has recently stopped working and we rang HP support but they say it is a Windows issue, not an HP issue.Has anyone else come across this and does anyone have a fix as we are wasting a heap of in, and paper...
  4. Windows Fax and Scan - No longer able to print received fax

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Fax and Scan - No longer able to print received fax: HelloWe admin a Fax Server on a Windows Server 2019 and have 30 Client-PCs with Windows 10 Pro who use the "Windows Fax and Scan" Software to access the facsimiles. Since around 16.09.2022 we are no longer able to print the received fax messages. Not from the client PCs and...
  5. Windows Fax and Scan - No longer abel to print received fax

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Fax and Scan - No longer abel to print received fax: HelloWe admin a Fax Server on a Windows Server 2019 and have 30 Client-PCs with Windows 10 Pro who use the "Windows Fax and Scan" Software to access the facsimiles. Since around 16.09.2022 we are no longer able to print the received fax messages. Not from the client PCs and...
  6. Windows Fax and Scan - No longer abel to print received fax

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Fax and Scan - No longer abel to print received fax: HelloWe admin a Fax Server on a Windows Server 2019 and have 30 Client-PCs with Windows 10 Pro who use the "Windows Fax and Scan" Software to access the facsimiles. Since around 16.09.2022 we are no longer able to print the received fax messages. Not from the client PCs and...
  7. Windows Fax and Scan - No longer abel to print received fax

8. faxing

faxing: I am using T Mobile Hot Spot for all of my devices. Please explain how I can do this. Thank You https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/faxing/ee78a386-bb2e-48a9-b9e6-89faecc40933
  9. Fax and Scan not working for fax

Fax and Scan not working for fax: I have a Zoom V.92 56K USB Mini External Fax Modem Model 3095, connected to a Dell workstation USB port, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Xfinity Internet phone service. When I first got the modem a month or so ago it worked fine. Today it errors out with an "unexpected error" and...
  10. Windows 10 fax

Windows 10 fax: Where do I find the fax name and server location on my windows 10 OS? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/windows-10-fax/633bdd74-311c-42a1-ab07-267c7e4f4700