Windows 10: Windows 10 content compression lossy or lossess?

Discus and support Windows 10 content compression lossy or lossess? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I've just compressed a file with 2GB content, and I don't know if there is any difference in the main content. Is the compression lossy or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by FirstLast32, May 30, 2019.

1. Windows 10 content compression lossy or lossess?

Windows 10 content compression lossy or lossess? 135b8c12-492c-4ccd-9ecb-c9515d7fc09c?upload=true.png

I've just compressed a file with 2GB content, and I don't know if there is any difference in the main content. Is the compression lossy or lossess?

And do the compressed contents get decompressed everytime I open it?

I also didn't see big difference between Size and Size in disk in property tab. Is this normal?

:)

FirstLast32, May 30, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 30, 2019
  3. OneMoar Win User
    So I used KGB Archiver to compress a 10gb file into a 40mb file...

I played with KGB back in the day I compressed my quake collection from 5.2GB down to 380MB
    it literally took a week to decompress tho ...
    PAQ* Is lossess assuming nothing went wrong during the compression all the data should be there

OneMoar, May 30, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Windows 10 content compression lossy or lossess?

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, May 30, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 content compression lossy or lossess?

1. Windows 10 content compression lossy or lossess? - Similar Threads - content compression lossy

2. Compress new folder content in compressed folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Compress new folder content in compressed folder: I have several folders on my filesystem that I've set to compress everything inside including subfolders. When I set the folder to compress, everything was compressed as expected.However, new content I add files and folders are not compressed, it seems. At least they are not...
  3. Compress new folder content in compressed folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Compress new folder content in compressed folder: I have several folders on my filesystem that I've set to compress everything inside including subfolders. When I set the folder to compress, everything was compressed as expected.However, new content I add files and folders are not compressed, it seems. At least they are not...
  4. Compress new folder content in compressed folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. windows 10 compress folders

windows 10 compress folders: How can I fix windows 10 won't compress files with English and Cyrillic characters? Why does it tell me to rename the files that have Cyrillic names? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-compress-folders/73647abd-921e-432f-8a48-aed295100884
  6. Windows 10 NTFS Compression

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 NTFS Compression: Hi, I have a single file which is 1.6Tb terabites in size. I've click the properties and in advanced attributes I ticked "compress contents to save disk space" then suddenly hang/freeze. I decided to cancel and restart my pc. After rebooting I noticed that the file has now a...
  7. Windows 10 RAM Compression

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 RAM Compression: Hi, glad to read you all. This is my problem, suddenly my windows start to use this feature called "RAM Compression", this thing made to supposedly make my perfomance better, locks 15 gb of 16gb i currently have. The actual issue besides all is that i cant permanently...
  8. compress content to save disk space suddenly set as default.

in Windows 10 Support
    compress content to save disk space suddenly set as default.: Hey! After a recent Windows 10 update to my PC, close to everything on my computer have two blue arrows icons on it, which is "compress content to save disk space" as far as I found out. I didn't even know this was a thing, but now it has been set as default on my computer! I...
  9. PowerShell script to compress folder contents to cabinet file (.cab)

PowerShell script to compress folder contents to cabinet file (.cab): The script takes the contents of a folder (including all its subfolders) and creates a cabinet file (.cab), using the Windows native makecab.exe command. Get it here: Create-CAB.zip The script can be run, from either within PowerShell or from a shortcut (to find out how to...
  10. Windows 10 Memory Compression

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Memory Compression: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] With the announcement of the Memory compression feature, we have received a lot of queries from the insiders asking for more information. This post tries to go in-depth into the inner working of the Memory Manager and the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 compression