Windows 10: Windows 10 Context menu "Give Access to" is missing

Discus and support Windows 10 Context menu "Give Access to" is missing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have searched for answers to this and have investigated these 6 possible solutions, but all are set correctly. 1. Verify services "server" and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DougClem, Nov 8, 2018.

1. DougClem Win User

Windows 10 Context menu "Give Access to" is missing

I have searched for answers to this and have investigated these 6 possible solutions, but all are set correctly.

1. Verify services "server" and "security accounts manager" are running.

2. Check registry key HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shellex\PropertySheetHandlers\Sharing.

3. Check registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa.

4. Make sure "Use Sharing Wizard" is checked.

5. Check security tab and ensure current user is listed and is owner/administrator for the folder to be shared (current user is an administrator).

6. Check registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Shell Extensions\Blocked.

I am at a loss now. This seems like something that should be easily fixed. Thanks for any suggestions.

:)

DougClem, Nov 8, 2018

2. Custom context menu entries

So, just throwing this out there, in case somone knows.

I have added a custom context menu entry for the program rightload, since by default the menu is broken in vistax64.

It works pefect with single files, but when I select mutiple files and try to open, I get mutiple instances of the program (which makes sense), here is my entry:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Rightload\Rightload.exe --server=1 --autostart %1

So the %1 passes the filename to the program, and when I select multiple files it is just opening multiple instances of rightload each with a different file.

What I'd like to do is be able to pass a list of the files selected to the program. Since I know it is capable of uploading multiple files from the context menu, all in one instance.

So, is there something I can pass besides %1 that will do this? I have looked around and can't seem to find an answer anywhere... *Frown Windows 10 Context menu "Give Access to" is missing :(

ArmoredCavalry, Nov 8, 2018
  3. antonjess Win User
    Windows 10 Context Menu Missing

Dear Friends,

Probably due to incorrect procedure I've lost access to the context menu in Windows 10.

I need urgent help.

Thank you in advance.

Best Regards,

Anton Jess

antonjess, Nov 8, 2018
  4. Windows 10 Context menu "Give Access to" is missing

Windows 10 Context Menu Missing

Hi Anton,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand how you feel when things does not work as expected, I will certainly assist you to resolve these issues.

I suggest you to follow these steps and check if that helps.

Method1: I suggest you to try the following steps and check if you can access.

Try accessing the Context menu by hitting the button next to Windows button on your right hand side of the key board and check if that helps.

Method2: Set your system in clean boot.

Disable all non-Microsoft services and not necessary startup apps to check if any third party applications are causing the issue. Please follow the below steps.

1. To disable all non-Microsoft services consult the article called Clean Boot.

Follow:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Note: After performing the troubleshooting steps in clean boot, follow these steps to return the computer to Normal startup mode.

a) Press the ‘Windows + R’ key on the keyboard.

b) In the ‘Run’ windows type ’MSCONFIG’ and click ‘Ok’.

c) On the General tab, click the Normal Startup option, and then click ok.

d) When you are prompted to restart the computer, click Restart.

2. To disable any 3rd party unwanted startup programs in Windows 8 and above, follow:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com...or-disable-startup-programs-in-windows-8.aspx

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information, please feel free to write to us and we will be glad to help you.

Sudharshan M K, Nov 8, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Context menu "Give Access to" is missing

1. Windows 10 Context menu "Give Access to" is missing - Similar Threads - Context menu Access

2. Missing "Open With" Option in Windows 10 Context Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing "Open With" Option in Windows 10 Context Menu: Hi, I've noticed that the "Open With" option is missing from the context menu in Windows 10. When I right-click on a file, I expect to see the "Open With" menu to choose which program to open the file with, but it's not there. I've tried restarting my computer and checking...
  3. Missing "Open With" Option in Windows 10 Context Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing "Open With" Option in Windows 10 Context Menu: Hi, I've noticed that the "Open With" option is missing from the context menu in Windows 10. When I right-click on a file, I expect to see the "Open With" menu to choose which program to open the file with, but it's not there. I've tried restarting my computer and checking...
  4. Missing "Open With" Option in Windows 10 Context Menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Onerive context menu missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onerive context menu missing: The context menu right click with the "Share/View Online/Always Keep On This Device" options is missing on one of my computers for some reason. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling OneDrive, but that didn't fix it. I also tried the solutions from the Microsoft support...
  6. Onerive context menu missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onerive context menu missing: The context menu right click with the "Share/View Online/Always Keep On This Device" options is missing on one of my computers for some reason. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling OneDrive, but that didn't fix it. I also tried the solutions from the Microsoft support...
  7. Onerive context menu missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Missing items in context menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing items in context menu: I've noticed that when ever I right click on my Desktop: no longer have nvidia control panel as an option Files: no winrar options like add to archive Certain games: no locale emulator -> run in Japanese There's most likely other stuff missing from context menu too I just...
  9. Give me rights on context menu

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Give me rights on context menu: Hello! I'm using this tweak for context menu: Take Ownership - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums How I can make it work to give me full rights aswell? Thank you! 54293
  10. Give access to Context Menu - Add or Remove in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Give access to Context Menu - Add or Remove in Windows 10: How to: Give access to Context Menu - Add or Remove in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove 'Give access to' Context Menu in Windows 10 The share individual files and foldersand even entire librarieswith other users. The options you'll see in the Give access to menu will...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 give access to missing

2. GIVE ACCESS TO MISSING

3. windows 10 give access to everyone missing

4. give accsess to missing,
  5. give acces to missing,
  6. give accessto missing,
  7. give access to context menu missing windows 10,
  8. give access to missing from Windows 10,
  9. context menu Give access to missing