Windows 10: Windows 10 - continue where you started when turning on again

Discus and support Windows 10 - continue where you started when turning on again in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Is there any way I could make my PC remember what windows/apps I had opened when I turned the PC off and open them all automatically when I turn the PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by AnnaHerm., Feb 2, 2022.

1. AnnaHerm. Win User

Windows 10 - continue where you started when turning on again

Is there any way I could make my PC remember what windows/apps I had opened when I turned the PC off and open them all automatically when I turn the PC back on? To simply continue where I was when I had to turn the PC off?For example: I am working, I have the following apps opened: OneNote, two documents in Microsoft Word, one document in PDF reader, Microsoft edge and Spotify app. I have to end work and turn the PC off to go to sleep. When I turn it on again the next morning, I would like the PC to remember what apps were opened when I ended last night and automatically open the documents/pro

:)

AnnaHerm., Feb 2, 2022
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 2, 2022
  3. Brink Win User
    I'm still seeing start menu ads dispite turning them off

Hello BreadedChicken, and welcome to Ten Forums. Windows 10 - continue where you started when turning on again :)

The Occasionally show suggestions in Start setting is only for the Suggested apps shown in the All Apps list in the Start menu instead.

*Arrow Turn On or Off App Suggestions on Start in Windows 10 Windows 10 Customization Tutorials

You can also turn off automatic installation of suggested apps to completely stop them. Be sure to also read the blue note box at the top of the tutorial below for more info.

*Arrow Turn Off Automatic Installation of Suggested Apps in Windows 10 Windows 10 Apps Features Tutorials

Brink, Feb 2, 2022
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Privacy tweaks...

• Turn Cortana Off. Bring up the Start menu and start typing. Click on the notebook icon in the left sidebar and choose Settings. From there, you can turn off Cortana.
    • Search online and include web results. When you turn off Cortana, you’ll see this option appear. You can turn it off if you’d rather not get web search suggestions from the Start menu, which log your typing and send it back to Microsoft so you can get live-updating predictions, just like you do on Google.com or in Chrome and Firefox.
    • Getting to Know You. In Settings > Privacy > Speech, Inking, & Typing, you’ll find a feature called “Getting to Know You”. This is probably the most sweeping privacy setting on the system, and even after turning off Cortana, you’ll have to disable this setting. Just click the “Stop Getting to Know Me” button to turn it off.
    • Cloud Info. Turning off Getting to Know You removes info from your device, but you’ll have to remove it from the cloud separately. In that same window, click “Go to Bing and manage personal info for all your devices” to clear the Getting to Know You Data from your Microsoft account.

• If you head to Settings > Privacy > Feedback & Diagnostics, you’ll see two settings:
    • Feedback frequency: Windows will occasionally ask you for feedback so you can send Microsoft your thoughts on Windows 10. If you’d rather it not bug you with such things, you can change it to Never.
    • Diagnostic and usage data: This feature can send a lot of data back to Microsoft, including how often you use certain apps, which apps you use most often, and memory snapshots (which can inadvertently include parts of a document you’re working on if something crashes). You can change this to Full, Enhanced, or Basic. You can read more about what each of these to here.
    Microsoft doesn’t let you turn off diagnostics completely, except on Enterprise versions of Windows. The Basic setting, they say, is data that is “vital to the operation of Windows”, including Windows Update and malicious software protection.

some may be duplicated. I found this info on Lifehacker, if anyone wants the full article.

Ahhzz, Feb 2, 2022
Thema:

1. Windows 10 - continue where you started when turning on again - Similar Threads - continue where started

2. Is there a way to turn OFF the BS panel you get when you click the button where the start...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to turn OFF the BS panel you get when you click the button where the start...: How do I yurn OFF this BS and put the start button BACK where it belongs? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-to-turn-off-the-bs-panel-you-get/607e27bb-c1cb-4147-a9dc-402cad17e854
  3. Is there a way to turn OFF the BS panel you get when you click the button where the start...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to turn OFF the BS panel you get when you click the button where the start...: How do I yurn OFF this BS and put the start button BACK where it belongs? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-to-turn-off-the-bs-panel-you-get/607e27bb-c1cb-4147-a9dc-402cad17e854
  4. How to start boot directly when you turn on computer?

How to start boot directly when you turn on computer?: Whenever I on my laptop it shows my laptop DELL logo and after that it shows windows logo and start booting/starting. I want my laptop to be not show the windows logo and start booting/starting from my laptop logo DELL....
  5. How to start boot directly when you turn on computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to start boot directly when you turn on computer?: Whenever I on my laptop it shows my laptop DELL logo and after that it shows windows logo and start booting/starting. I want my laptop to be not show the windows logo and start booting/starting from my laptop logo DELL....
  6. "There's a temporary problem with the service. Please try again. If you continue to get...

"There's a temporary problem with the service. Please try again. If you continue to get...: Hello, I've had to reinstall windows.I get to the logging page and it does not like my pin, i get need to verify my account.On the next screen I get "There's a temporary problem with the service. Please try again. If you continue to get this message, try again later." I have...
  7. "There's a temporary problem with the service. Please try again. If you continue to get...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "There's a temporary problem with the service. Please try again. If you continue to get...: Hello, I've had to reinstall windows.I get to the logging page and it does not like my pin, i get need to verify my account.On the next screen I get "There's a temporary problem with the service. Please try again. If you continue to get this message, try again later." I have...
  8. Windows 10 - continue where you started when turning on again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - continue where you started when turning on again: Is there any way I could make my PC remember what windows/apps I had opened when I turned the PC off and open them all automatically when I turn the PC back on? To simply continue where I was when I had to turn the PC off?For example: I am working, I have the following apps...
  9. Windows 10 - continue where you started when turning on again

Windows 10 - continue where you started when turning on again: Is there any way I could make my PC remember what windows/apps I had opened when I turned the PC off and open them all automatically when I turn the PC back on? To simply continue where I was when I had to turn the PC off?For example: I am working, I have the following apps...
  10. Is there any fix for random continuous auto-scrolling of windows 10 -- even when you turn...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is there any fix for random continuous auto-scrolling of windows 10 -- even when you turn...: This is the second year of my using windows 10 professional: was happier with windows 7 prof But - I think windows has a bug/annoying side effect that just seems to pop-up again and again - with no source of the problem visible: that of windows /browsers scrolling...