Windows 10: Windows 10 continues to ignore settings.

Discus and support Windows 10 continues to ignore settings. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have asked versions of this before,but let's try again. I have driver updates unchecked and blocked because I have a broken trackpad and if it is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DrewDunn, Dec 5, 2018.

1. DrewDunn Win User

Windows 10 continues to ignore settings.

I have asked versions of this before,but let's try again. I have driver updates unchecked and blocked because I have a broken trackpad and if it is live if will bounce the cursor all over and make my laptop unusable. This was not a problem until last January when windows remove the ability to block the update. Then the created a download to to hide updates and then the removed that. I went into setting and uncheck the check for driver updates and the auto download of driver updates, Since Saturday the 2nd the driver has been downloaded and auto installed and my laptop forced restated over seven times. WTF!! I have a vaio and removing the touchpad is not on the list of things I can do in the bio. There are other options I have unchecked in settings and that are still unchecked but self start several times a day. These include windows smart screen, which I can always tell because streaming video will start running like crap and disk usage,memory and the cpu will all be pushed to the limit until I go to task manager and shut down smartscreen and sometime settings sync.

:)

DrewDunn, Dec 5, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 5, 2018
  3. gmopro Win User
    Power Settings Ignored by Lenovo Yoga 400 laptop

• Did you make any changes to your computer? I dont know.. what kind of changes are you talking about. I only added software.. like Norton Security and a few free MSFT apps.
    • Which Build are you currently in? I dont know..probably the latest one. How do i determine "the build"?? I always update windows and pretty sure this is up to date here.
    • Which troubleshooting steps did you try? Tried everything that was suggested,..power troubleshooter, update graphics card, set power settings to default, and other things.. nothing worked. Has been a problem for many months.
      How do i do this clean boot? I will need instructions for these things..step by step. i am tired of this machine ignoring the power settings. Need this fixed.

gmopro, Dec 5, 2018
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Dec 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 continues to ignore settings. - Similar Threads - continues ignore settings

2. Windows Security Ignoring Set-MpPreference Settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security Ignoring Set-MpPreference Settings: I'm trying to stop Windows Security from running a daily background scan, which causes my CPU fan to go full throttle continuously for over 40 minutes. Everything that I've changed using the Set-MpPreference command just gets ignored. The changes are reflected when I use the...
  3. Windows Security Ignoring Set-MpPreference Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security Ignoring Set-MpPreference Settings: I'm trying to stop Windows Security from running a daily background scan, which causes my CPU fan to go full throttle continuously for over 40 minutes. Everything that I've changed using the Set-MpPreference command just gets ignored. The changes are reflected when I use the...
  4. Windows Security Ignoring Set-MpPreference Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. power settings ignored

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    power settings ignored: Windows 10 is ignoring power settings and locks screen after 1 minute, troubleshooting power settings did not help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-settings-ignored/3933bc6a-c203-4728-bffa-3b8b57dbc455
  6. Windows 10 Automatic Maintenance ignoring my settings

Windows 10 Automatic Maintenance ignoring my settings: Windows 10 Pro 1909 (18363.592). So I set my automatic maintenance to 8am as I will often be doing things in the night/early morning. For instance I record a podcast with some friends in america sometimes, and I'll be doing this between 1.30am to sometimes as late as 7am, so...
  7. windows 10 power and sleep settings ignored

windows 10 power and sleep settings ignored: this problem of win 10 ignoring sleep setting is BS , its over a yr old and still happening ! it seems to me that the support team at Microsoft is at sleep !...
  8. Windows 10 Power and Sleep Settings Being Ignored

Windows 10 Power and Sleep Settings Being Ignored: I have my screen and power settings set to Never for both battery and power to keep from timing out. However, Windows 10 completely ignores me and powers down / goes to sleep regardless. How can this be corrected so that the settings are actually taken? Please advise?...
  9. Windows 10 Ignoring setting of "No Sign In Required"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Ignoring setting of "No Sign In Required": Window 10 Home Version 1803 OS Build 17134.523 This desktop always plugged in This is the first operating system installed on the PC new hardware. There is only one account on the PC: administrator. I've been to: Settings\SignIn Options I have checked all my power...
  10. windows 10 1809 onedrive ignores proxy settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10 1809 onedrive ignores proxy settings: I have configured a http proxy and a socks proxy for both internet explorer proxy settings and winhttp proxy settings. After upgrading to Windows 10 1809 onedrive ignores the configured proxy server. Edge and windows update utilize the winhttp proxy settings and routes all...