Windows 10: windows 10 control panel "scan for hardware changes" freezes windows 10

Discus and support windows 10 control panel "scan for hardware changes" freezes windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have run DISM and DSC /scannow run scan for hardware changes all inclusive or with any heading selected and after 5 seconds or so, a complete freeze... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by WayneGreer, Oct 20, 2020.

1. windows 10 control panel "scan for hardware changes" freezes windows 10

I have run DISM and DSC /scannow

run scan for hardware changes all inclusive or with any heading selected and after 5 seconds or so, a complete freeze

this is on a very recent completely clean install of windows 10 on a clean ssd drive and minimal installation of software

:)

WayneGreer, Oct 20, 2020
  2. Carsomyr Win User

where is NVIDIA control panel in windows 10?

I cannot seem to get the nvidia control panel (system tray)
    I tried everything I could think of:

- Nvidia driver uninstall + device uninstall + change device auto install drivers in hardware settings + clean install... no joy...
    - Windows automatically installs some nvidia drivers, no matter what I try and I can't see or find the control panel.

Any suggestions?

Carsomyr, Oct 20, 2020
  3. Derek12 Win User
    where is NVIDIA control panel in windows 10?

Nvidia Control Panel is accesible via right click on the desktop

Install the latest Nvidia driver "on top" of the Windows 10 driver, updating it.

Derek12, Oct 20, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

windows 10 control panel "scan for hardware changes" freezes windows 10

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 20, 2020
Thema:

windows 10 control panel "scan for hardware changes" freezes windows 10

1. windows 10 control panel "scan for hardware changes" freezes windows 10 - Similar Threads - control panel scan

2. Changing control panel ethernet name [Windows 10]

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing control panel ethernet name [Windows 10]: I'm unable to change the control panel name for my ethernet network interface. I understand how to change network names and adapter names. The name I want is displayed correctly under change adapter settings. I want it labeled, "Ethernet". Part OCD, Part determination, I want...
  3. 'Hardware and Sound' in Control Panel

in Windows 10 Customization
    'Hardware and Sound' in Control Panel: My laptop doesn't give me any 'low battery' warning - it just shuts down with no warning. if I google how to change this, I'm told I can do so from 'hardware and sound' in Control Panel. But my Win10 control panel doesn't have a 'hardware and sound' tab. What's going on here?...
  4. Freezing Windows 10 during hardware scan

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Freezing Windows 10 during hardware scan: When ever I go to the control panel/ hardware and sound/ device manager and select "scan for hardware changes" my entire system freezes. Due to this fact it has also prevented me from installing my R9 390X because when its drivers from AMD go to check my installed hardware it...
  5. Control Panel in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Control Panel in Windows 10: Just upgraded from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro. Will the old system backups from Control Panel work? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/control-panel-in-windows-10/906c931a-bb69-42d8-91b5-3589b17cd68f
  6. Control panel on windows 10

Control panel on windows 10: Where do I find the "Control Panel on Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/control-panel-on-windows-10/8ac149ab-be2c-48bb-ab12-61424c5f7847
  7. Theme panel not present in Control Panel (Windows 10)

Theme panel not present in Control Panel (Windows 10): I've always been big on using themes on my Windows 10 computer, but recently I tried using my favorite theme (called Nocturnal), so I searched in the Windows 10 start menu for themes, normally I'd go to control panel, but since Microsoft is big on replacing CP with the...
  8. Change Default Control Panel Icons in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Default Control Panel Icons in Windows 10: How to: Change Default Control Panel Icons in Windows 10 How to Change Default Control Panel Icons in Windows 10 In addition to Control Panel to change settings for Windows 10. These settings control nearly everything about how Windows looks and works, and you can use...
  9. Windows 10 Control Panel

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Control Panel: I upgraded from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit. In my CP I have items that still relate to 7. Is there anyway to remove them? [img] 14564
  10. Windows 10 control panel

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 control panel: On windows 10 how do you locate the control panel? I am having a problem finding it. 28789