Windows 10: Windows 10 Control Panel

Discus and support Windows 10 Control Panel in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I upgraded from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit. In my CP I have items that still relate to 7. Is there anyway to remove them? [img] 14564 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Gary, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Gary Win User

Windows 10 Control Panel

I upgraded from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit. In my CP I have items that still relate to 7. Is there anyway to remove them?

Windows 10 Control Panel [​IMG]

:)

Gary, Aug 8, 2015

2. Windows 10 control panel

To isolate the issue, may we ask the build and the version of your Windows? To check the version of your Windows you may refer to this link:
    Which Windows operating system am I running?

For additional troubleshooting, you may also perform a
    clean boot. Once the computer restarted, you may perform a command and conquer. After each restart,
    you have to enable the services listed one by one. If one of the services listed on MSConfig triggers the issue, have it uninstalled.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Jenicel Dri, Aug 8, 2015
  3. PaulPChou Win User
    Control panel in Windows 10

Is it possible to get the control panel back to the start menu in Windows 10 (version 1703)?

PaulPChou, Aug 8, 2015
  4. Windows 10 Control Panel

I don't think that is a left over from win 7

my machine was upgraded from 8.1, never seen 7 on it, I have that item also

as for removing them, I am not sure

paulsalter, Aug 8, 2015
  5. BunnyJ New Member
    I still have it after a clean install. As for removing it.. why? Just don't use it. You might cause more harm trying to remove it than it's worth.

2c
    Jeff

BunnyJ, Aug 8, 2015
  6. Gary Win User
    Thanks Guys, I figured out how to remove but I will just leave well enough alone. Maybe this SR1 will fix it..

Gary, Aug 8, 2015
  7. BunnyJ New Member
    Just out of.. well curiosity.. but why is that an issue? Or something you think shouldn't be there?

BunnyJ, Aug 8, 2015
  8. swarfega Win User

Windows 10 Control Panel

Its not a left over from Windows 7 as such. MS have left it in there for compatibility with 7. By the way, you can still use it to create drive images etc.

swarfega, Aug 8, 2015
  9. dwig Win User
    SR1 won't "fix" it since it isn't a flaw. MS put it there on purpose as can be seen by its presence in clean Win10 installs and its utility in Win10.

dwig, Aug 8, 2015
  10. bobjoe Win User
    Why the hell would you want to remove it? I don't understand.

bobjoe, Aug 8, 2015
  11. Gary Win User
    If so it does not work, when I click on it nothing happens @BunnyJ that is why I wanted to remove it.

12. Gary Win User
    I do not use it, I use Macrium Reflect which is a better backup and restore than the built in one. I can restore an image in less than a minute.

In case there is some confusion here I only wanted to remove the two items that are arrowed.

Thema:

Windows 10 Control Panel

1. Windows 10 Control Panel - Similar Threads - Control Panel

2. How to delete apps even though they are not found in control panel or settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete apps even though they are not found in control panel or settings?: Hi,I have VMware Professional 17 but i still have the player 17, even though i cant see it through control panel nor settings. Its still on my computer, I uninstalled it, but it still on my system. Its not even at file explorer as it is replaced with the pro version.I tried...
  3. How to delete apps even though they are not found in control panel or settings?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to delete apps even though they are not found in control panel or settings?: Hi,I have VMware Professional 17 but i still have the player 17, even though i cant see it through control panel nor settings. Its still on my computer, I uninstalled it, but it still on my system. Its not even at file explorer as it is replaced with the pro version.I tried...
  4. Unable to open Control Panel on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to open Control Panel on Windows 11: I am unable to open the Control Panel on Windows 11. The conventional "Settings" App works fine, but whenever I try to open the Control Panel, nothing happens -- the mouse cursor simply indicates loading by the spinning blue circle and nothing ever opens."sfc /scannow"...
  5. Unable to open Control Panel on Windows 11

Unable to open Control Panel on Windows 11: I am unable to open the Control Panel on Windows 11. The conventional "Settings" App works fine, but whenever I try to open the Control Panel, nothing happens -- the mouse cursor simply indicates loading by the spinning blue circle and nothing ever opens."sfc /scannow"...
  6. Toshiba external hard drive shows up in control panel but not in file explorer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Toshiba external hard drive shows up in control panel but not in file explorer.: I'm trying to access information on a Toshiba external drive but the drive isn't appearing in file explorer. I've tried plugging it into a few different USB ports, but it still won't appear in file explorer. I know my computer is aware of the external hard drive because it...
  7. Toshiba external hard drive shows up in control panel but not in file explorer.

Toshiba external hard drive shows up in control panel but not in file explorer.: I'm trying to access information on a Toshiba external drive but the drive isn't appearing in file explorer. I've tried plugging it into a few different USB ports, but it still won't appear in file explorer. I know my computer is aware of the external hard drive because it...
  8. the dates column blank when I opened Control Panel\Programs & Features today

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the dates column blank when I opened Control Panel\Programs & Features today: the dates column blank when I opened Control Panel\Programs & Features today https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-dates-column-blank-when-i-opened-control/a9ae12b2-a442-49cb-a4b1-915054719079
  9. the dates column blank when I opened Control Panel\Programs & Features today

the dates column blank when I opened Control Panel\Programs & Features today: the dates column blank when I opened Control Panel\Programs & Features today https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-dates-column-blank-when-i-opened-control/a9ae12b2-a442-49cb-a4b1-915054719079
  10. "Change your account name" option is not showing up in Control Panel on my new Windows 11...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Change your account name" option is not showing up in Control Panel on my new Windows 11...: "Change your account name" option is not showing up in Control Panel on my new Windows 11 laptop. But other Windows 11 laptops or PCs have this option. Why is my laptop not this option?...