Windows 10: windows 10 copy file from external location (userA) to C:

Discus and support windows 10 copy file from external location (userA) to C: in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Windows 10 logged in as userA network drive Y: mapped as userA copy file from Y: and paste into C: message: Access denied: you need administrative... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Frans van Spiegel, Dec 12, 2019.

1. windows 10 copy file from external location (userA) to C:

Windows 10

logged in as userA

network drive Y: mapped as userA

copy file from Y: and paste into C:

message: Access denied: you need administrative permissions (this is correct and works the same in windows 7)

userA is in group Administrators; so click "continue".

windows proceeds; but the gives: "location is not available =>Y:\ is unavailable...."

this is (to my opnion) a security flaw in windows 10;

windows10 copies from Y:\ as user Administrator, to this location Administrator has no access.

:)

Frans van Spiegel, Dec 12, 2019
  2. Xylee Del Win User

Regarding copying of files in external drive from pc

Hi,

The message that appeared on your screen may have occurred due to the possible missing files if you'll try to copy it that way. We suggest that you follow these steps on how you can copy the file together with it's properties:

• Right click on the application (Bully) and click Properties.
    • On the application properties window, under the Shortcut tab, click
      Open File Location.
    • The File Location window will open.
    • Select everything. Copy and paste it to the external drive.
    • The copying process may take a while depending on the type of files.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Xylee Del, Dec 12, 2019
  3. Access Denied trying to copy from external drive

Hello,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with copying file from external drive on C drive. We will certainly help you.

It would be grateful if you can reply to this questions in order to assist you further:

• Have you tried copying the file in some other location on your system?
    • What is the exact error message you receive?
    • Which all troubleshooting steps have you already tried?

We suggest you to try copying the file in Safe mode and check if you are able to. Follow the steps from link below:

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Let us know the results. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Dec 12, 2019
  4. Nicrite Win User

windows 10 copy file from external location (userA) to C:

Vista Ultimate - 'User' Folder Location

No tried that.

Can copy the entire folder to D; but Windows still points to C as the location. Can change personal folders location to a folder on D;, but this still leaves hidden files etc on C;. Thus meaning there are 2 Users folders. Have managed to change the Public folder location to D;, with some registry tweaks, but this doesnt seem to work for the entire folder.

any more suggestions

Nicrite, Dec 12, 2019
Thema:

windows 10 copy file from external location (userA) to C:

1. windows 10 copy file from external location (userA) to C: - Similar Threads - copy file external

2. Unable to copy files from C drive to external hardrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to copy files from C drive to external hardrive: my c drive was low on storage so when i tried to clear up some space by copying the files to the hard drive i get a message saying that its unable to copy the files because the c drive is low on storage. The computer somehow thinks that i am trying to copy the files to the C...
  3. Unable to copy files from C drive to external hardrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to copy files from C drive to external hardrive: my c drive was low on storage so when i tried to clear up some space by copying the files to the hard drive i get a message saying that its unable to copy the files because the c drive is low on storage. The computer somehow thinks that i am trying to copy the files to the C...
  4. Unable to copy Files from external hard drive to c drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to copy Files from external hard drive to c drive.: Hello,Im in the process of trying to sell my desktop unit but I need to get the computer info a fit enough state for anyone to take it. The main drawback I have is that for some reason I am unable to copy files from my external hard drive to the c drive. For some files it...
  5. Unable to copy Files from external hard drive to c drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to copy Files from external hard drive to c drive.: Hello,Im in the process of trying to sell my desktop unit but I need to get the computer info a fit enough state for anyone to take it. The main drawback I have is that for some reason I am unable to copy files from my external hard drive to the c drive. For some files it...
  6. Unable to copy Files from external hard drive to c drive.

7. Copying files/folders from external drive to windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copying files/folders from external drive to windows: Hi, I have a new windows 11 laptop and am bringing files/folders from my external drive across. Sometimes its a seamless copy and paste. Other times it flashes up "preparing" to copy folder to folder then the pop up window shuts without actually copying and sometimes it just...
  8. Copying files/folders from external drive to windows

Copying files/folders from external drive to windows: Hi, I have a new windows 11 laptop and am bringing files/folders from my external drive across. Sometimes its a seamless copy and paste. Other times it flashes up "preparing" to copy folder to folder then the pop up window shuts without actually copying and sometimes it just...
  9. Copying original files from shortcut location

Copying original files from shortcut location: I have a number of folders (tree structure) all containing exclusively shortcuts to various files stored across a myriad of different folders. Initially I set it up this way as I sifting through documents and sorting them for a separate project but didn't want to duplicate...
  10. Copying files from external HDD to C takes up temporarily double the space of the copied...

Copying files from external HDD to C takes up temporarily double the space of the copied...: Hello, I've been experiencing this problem for the past few months. When I copy any file from external HDD to my C drive, right at the beginning of the copying, space of the file size is allocated on C and then the copying continues normally, as it gradually takes up...