Windows 10: Windows 10 / Copy Paste to Word Apps / Characters replaced

Discus and support Windows 10 / Copy Paste to Word Apps / Characters replaced in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When copy from clipboard e.g from German PDF to Word/Apps umlauts are replaced by another characters. In my case it was Russian Cyrillic characters.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SergeyVM, Mar 4, 2021.

1. SergeyVM Win User

Windows 10 / Copy Paste to Word Apps / Characters replaced

When copy from clipboard e.g from German PDF to Word/Apps umlauts are replaced by another characters. In my case it was Russian Cyrillic characters. Than I changed in regional settings Control Panel, Win 10 system language to English/Deutsch. Didn’t help. I still see Gesprдch instead of Gespräch. It’s really annoying and I didn’t find any help googling. Any chance someone knows how to set up system? Thank you a lot!

:)

SergeyVM, Mar 4, 2021
  2. migranule Win User

Windows 10 v1803 cannot copy paste Chinese characters

I don't know why, It's strange!!!

1. Every time I restarted my PC. Open a Notepad, input some Chinese characters with some English characters. Then, copy and paste them in Notepad, find that only English characters are copied while Chinese characters are lost. Then open the Microsoft Word
    2016, the situation is the same, copy paste will lost non-English characters.

2. I tried following step, then the Windows 10 can copy and paste Chinese characters.

• Press the 'Windows + R' keys together
    • In the 'Open' window input 'WinWord /a', and press Enter.
    Then the Microsoft Word was opened. I input some Chinese characters with some English characters, and then copy and paste them, found that Chinese characters can be copied!!! Then I closed Word, opened the Notepad again, inputted some
    Chinese characters with some English characters, found that Chinese characters also could be copied in Notepad!!!

I don't know why, It's so strange!!!

migranule, Mar 4, 2021
  3. copy - pastes only "(" character

I occasionally get a problem of copy/paste where no matter what I copy from any app or program (image or text) the paste into the target app, program or text or word or excel only pastes the '(' character and not the copied image or text.

I read once upon a search for this type of error that it may have been a logitech keyboard error?

I do use a logitech mouse, but not keyboard. This issue is not fun, as I use copy/paste heavily.

Most of time the problem goes away after a reboot. but of course I am in the middle of project with many windows open, docs, web sites, ...

to reboot is time consuming.

Anyone have any idea where I can start to look for some reason or solution to this strange issue?

problem is same using keyboard ctrl-c / ctrl-v or mouse copy/paste = same results.

could clipboard be corrupted?

thanks

JayJeszenka, Mar 4, 2021
  4. migranule Win User

Windows 10 v1803 cannot copy paste Chinese characters

In Windows 10 v1803, if you copy(or Ctrl+C) and paste(or Ctrl+V) a text which includes Chinese characters, only English characters are copied and pasted, but Chinese characters are lost.

migranule, Mar 4, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 / Copy Paste to Word Apps / Characters replaced - Similar Threads - Copy Paste Word

2. Strange character in Word copy/paste

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange character in Word copy/paste: Can anyone tell me what the circle character is in the example above? It is NOT the "degree" character. It is only visible when showing formatting symbols. It looks like a space otherwise, but it does not act like a space. For example, Beautiful, 42nd in the above example...
  3. Strange character in Word copy/paste

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange character in Word copy/paste: Can anyone tell me what the circle character is in the example above? It is NOT the "degree" character. It is only visible when showing formatting symbols. It looks like a space otherwise, but it does not act like a space. For example, Beautiful, 42nd in the above example...
  4. copy paste issues in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    copy paste issues in windows 10: whenever i try to use Ctrl + C it pastes the screenshot and not the exact the word and cursor also blinks continuously ....Sometimes this issue stops and the pc works fine but after sone time the issue again arises...
  5. Copy paste in windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Copy paste in windows 10: Copy paste in windows 10 , When we try copy hindi text from outer source like internet and try to paste paint ,adobe ps7 , it's not working, showing there only boxes and boxes ,can you solve this problem in your next version of windows?...
  6. Copy and Paste in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copy and Paste in Windows 10: Hi,I am using a new computer with Windows 10 and every time I copy and paste pictures it takes long time to finish. How do I make it faster?In my experience Windows 7 does a faster job than Windows 10.Thanks....
  7. Windows 10 Copy & Paste

Windows 10 Copy & Paste: On a new HP computer when I copy & paste a word document for example I get a copy. The routine does not ask me if I want to replace. Works fine on my desktop. Both pc's up to date. Am copying to another drive for backup....
  8. Copy & Paste with RDP crashes app

Copy & Paste with RDP crashes app: Often, when I copy & paste to a remote desktop, regardless of app/process used, it freezes the host app and the client computer. My only solution is a band-aid, getting both systems to work again. An example case... using Virtualbox machine, if I enter the machine directly...
  9. Past copies of windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Past copies of windows 10: Is it possible to find past product keys for copies of windows 10 that I owned where the HDD died? Does Microsoft keep a database of all past copies owned and am I able to reactivate the license?...
  10. Copy & Paste in Microsoft Mail App - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Copy & Paste in Microsoft Mail App - Windows 10: Hello, I have tried searching for the answer for this, but couldn't find an answer in any of the now locked posts. I have tried copy & pasting into the mail app, but nothing happens. I can copy & paste everywhere else. I have used the Ctrl + C to copy, and then Ctrl + V...