Windows 10: Windows 10 Copying Files Issue

Discus and support Windows 10 Copying Files Issue in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all, I have encountered several times issues regarding copying files on Windows 10. It does not matter where it is being copied from and to on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Dr Dont No, Dec 18, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Copying Files Issue

Hi all,

I have encountered several times issues regarding copying files on Windows 10. It does not matter where it is being copied from and to on the laptop or even to and from an external hard drive.

This is the latest version of Windows 10 20H2, but I have encountered this on earlier versions and also using Win 10 Pro and Win 10 Education. Also the same issue occurs regardless of the manufacturer of the laptop, in this case HP or Lenovo.

These are not imaged laptops or any modifications has not been done.

I believe the issue is certainly to do with updates.

Anyone else experienced this ?

:)

Dr Dont No, Dec 18, 2020
  2. Wozzer Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, Dec 18, 2020
  3. temp02 Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Dec 18, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Copying Files Issue

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 18, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Copying Files Issue

1. Windows 10 Copying Files Issue - Similar Threads - Copying Files Issue

2. Windows 10 copy and paste issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 copy and paste issue: Why when I copy something and paste it out It comes up with strange characters:GATXUWWYDFFHN4SK64F6H3X6UVUCRGMR6BXJ4JAPT2MMG5QI5VRQLQNE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-copy-and-paste-issue/8bedef56-1aa7-4b44-ace4-bebd8b892a47
  3. Windows 10 copy and paste issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 copy and paste issue: Why when I copy something and paste it out It comes up with strange characters:GATXUWWYDFFHN4SK64F6H3X6UVUCRGMR6BXJ4JAPT2MMG5QI5VRQLQNE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-copy-and-paste-issue/8bedef56-1aa7-4b44-ace4-bebd8b892a47
  4. copy paste issues in windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    copy paste issues in windows 10: whenever i try to use Ctrl + C it pastes the screenshot and not the exact the word and cursor also blinks continuously ....Sometimes this issue stops and the pc works fine but after sone time the issue again arises...
  5. copy paste issues in windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    copy paste issues in windows 10: whenever i try to use Ctrl + C it pastes the screenshot and not the exact the word and cursor also blinks continuously ....Sometimes this issue stops and the pc works fine but after sone time the issue again arises...
  6. copy files with permission issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    copy files with permission issues: trying to copy files from external drive from local user to azure joined user, but getting permission errors https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copy-files-with-permission-issues/ce5f122f-b974-4ddc-aeaf-6bdeeb085aff
  7. Windows 10 Copy Paste Issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Copy Paste Issue: Hi, I've a Lenovo Ideapad 300 device with Windows 10 pro. Windows fully up to date. I've having a weird issue with copy pasting. I tried reinstalling windows few times but problem didn't solved. When I copied a text, it paste a empty space instead of the text I copied, this...
  8. to copy files on windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    to copy files on windows 10: I have worked with windows since 1990, now i have a windows 10 state of the art laptop and file copying is absolutly shocking. Any reason? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/to-copy-files-on-windows-10/e0c65c0f-9bc8-48ed-9385-be639d9307c1
  9. Issues copying files through File Explorer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issues copying files through File Explorer: Some how windows file explorer copying files is not working as it used to... If I copy and past a large block of files, it starts reading the block and then closes. Thank you for your Support. ***Modified title from: Windows File Explorer***...
  10. Weird issue copying files with Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Weird issue copying files with Windows Defender: Hello. I am posting this thread here because it's not related to security at all. I formatted a somewhat old Toshiba Satellite laptop yesterday (2GB RAM, w10 x86 pro 17134.376). Everything running smooth and such. But then I went to put user's personal files back (44GB...