Windows 10: Windows 10 copying Speed

Discus and support Windows 10 copying Speed in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10 is slow and jerky copying multiple files between Hard Drives. 15448 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Auskart, Aug 10, 2015.

1. Auskart Win User

Windows 10 copying Speed

Windows 10 is slow and jerky copying multiple files between Hard Drives.

:)

Auskart, Aug 10, 2015

2. Copy/Cut Paste to Internal/External Storage is getting very Slow !

I bought my lenovo G50 laptop in January with pre-installed windows 10,on that time speed of copy/cut paste speed was very good, then i updated my windows 10 to its Anniversary update and bang!! speed of copy paste is gone even while using 3.0 Pendrives
    on 3.0 Port the speed was only 8 mpbs..! and same speed while copying from one disk partition to another! and then again i updated my windows 10 to its Creator Update wondering that these copy/cut paste problem will be solved in this but that update made it
    worst , now speed of copy/cut paste is never getting higher than 1mbps even on 3.0 USB port or while copy/cut paste on internal storage. it takes 20 minutes to copy 2GB of data to from my internal storage to any External storage device!

Please Help!

*** Subject edited for clarity by the
    moderator. ***

VishalGuptaINDIA, Aug 10, 2015
  3. LrrrAc Win User
    When i copy to and from the dialogue window only shows a progress bar, what its copying and a time estimate. Is this normal?

*Original Title: Windows 10 Copying Window

So I have a network location in windows explorer that works completely. Copying to and from works fine. However when i copy to and from the dialogue window only shows a progress bar, what its copying and a time estimate. Is this normal? I want it to show
    speed, byte progress and a speed graph like it does normally. Is there a way to do that?

LrrrAc, Aug 10, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 copying Speed

1. Windows 10 copying Speed - Similar Threads - copying Speed

2. Windows 10 copy speed limits

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 copy speed limits: Hi! My question is about speed limits in windows 10. My configs: CPU: AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X MOBO: ASUS X399 ZENITH EXTREME RAM: G.SKILL TridentZ Series 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200 F4-3200C14Q-64GTZ SSD: RAID0 (2 disks) SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 2280 250GB MZ-V7E250BW...
  3. File copying speed fluctuates and hangs on 0%. Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File copying speed fluctuates and hangs on 0%. Windows 10: I have a HP xw8600 workstation with 2xE5440 processors, 32gb ram and 480GB SSD. It has been working fine up until the last week or so where it has started to run slow and do some weird things. It is used to edit and render graphics working off shared storage in an...
  4. Copy speed very slow in windows 10 64 bit and windows 7 64 bit

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copy speed very slow in windows 10 64 bit and windows 7 64 bit: I bought a usb 3.0 data transfer cable for my home work station to allow moderately sized file transfer between two PC's. Installed the cable drivers (PCLinq) on both PCs (windows 7 64 bit and windows 10 64 bit). The software on both machines is painfully slow, you press...
  5. File share copy speed slow

File share copy speed slow: Hi. I have a Windows Server hosting some shares. The server has an 10GBPS network card and hosts connected through a 1GBPS ports. When copying files down from server the copy speeds dont pass 10 mbytes per second. When copying files up to server the copy speeds passes 100...
  6. Windows 10 slow copy and cut speed

Windows 10 slow copy and cut speed: I regularly move files from drive C to other drives. It used to be that files were moved instantly. Now, however, it takes minutes to move them. The speed is now very slow and often drop to kilobytes per seconds. Moving files from the same drive is still as fast as usual,...
  7. How to speed up Windows 10 copying so it is equal to the speed of Windows 7?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to speed up Windows 10 copying so it is equal to the speed of Windows 7?: Windows 10 is so slow in copying my data files. With Windows 7 I copied my data files on backup drives in 4 hour +. Windows 10 takes a day and a half+ (that is the projected estimate). I'm lucky I still have one backup boot drive with Windows 7 that I can use to copy...
  8. Fix Slow file copy speed in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Slow file copy speed in Windows 10: [ATTACH] We copy and move a lot of files around on our computer. And most of the copying takes place to and from external devices. If due to some issues, you face slow copy or move speed, then this post may [...] This post Fix Slow file copy speed in Windows 10 is from...
  9. transfer speeds ,copying files extremely difficult

transfer speeds ,copying files extremely difficult: transfer speed to 3.0 usb from explorer file in pc extremely slow,worst i ever seen.all day to transfer one iso file. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/transfer-speeds-copying-files-extremely-difficult/aa059424-ac32-4844-954c-3c4b07cdc991
  10. Large file copying speed. Why does it slow down?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Large file copying speed. Why does it slow down?: When I copy a file about 2TB in size from 1 disk to another the speed starts of fast say 185MBps and then drops to about 80MBps. This happens both on my desktop. On my laptop copying between two partitions slows down to a similar speed. Why does this happen? 94445