Windows 10: Windows 10 Core OS leak points to new notifications system

Discus and support Windows 10 Core OS leak points to new notifications system in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; We’re over 10 months away from the launch of Surface Neo, so naturally, the Windows Core OS rumours are beginning to bubble up. This week we have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Feb 3, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10 Core OS leak points to new notifications system

We’re over 10 months away from the launch of Surface Neo, so naturally, the Windows Core OS rumours are beginning to bubble up. This week we have spotted another LinkedIn profile which seems to suggest that the Windows Core OS may come with notifications system and accessibility improvements.

As per the LinkedIn profile, Microsoft plans to implement an ‘in-context’ feature on the Notifications settings page to simplify notifications management on Windows Core OS.

“Implement in-context feature on notification settings page on desktop and notification settings page on WCOS for Windows Settings,” the profile reads. This once again confirms that Microsoft is actively contributing to all areas of Windows 10’s Core OS project, but many details are still not known.

The leaked documents previously confirmed that Microsoft’s new Action Center experience will provide a clear and consistent path for users to access the settings.

With new redesigned Action Center, Microsoft plans to offer an easier way to modify the quick settings and it also plans to display the state of the device such as the battery, brightness or volume levels.

Windows 10 Core OS leak points to new notifications system Windows-10-X-Action-Center.jpg
    Image Courtesy: Neowin

As per another profile, Microsoft could be working on UI automation, Narrator and Magnifier improvements for next-gen Windows 10 X (Windows Core OS).

Microsoft has already showcased Windows Core OS on HoloLens 2 and Surface Hub 2X, but the Redmond firm has never talked about the OS publicly and officials have never officially mentioned their plans for a modular operating system.

At last year’s Surface event, Microsoft continued to keep mum on the details of WCOS and instead the company showcased Windows 10 X, which is technically based on Core OS.

Geekbench results were also leaked last year mentioning ‘Windows Core System’ and the results were from a Microsoft Virtual machine.

More details of Windows Core OS and Windows 10 X could be revealed during the company’s annual Build Developer Conference in 2020.

The post Windows 10 Core OS leak points to new notifications system appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Feb 3, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Feb 3, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 3, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Core OS leak points to new notifications system

Microsoft News Notifications

Follow these steps to check if it works:

Step 1: Open the Windows Settings menu by pressing the Windows Key and “I,” or alternatively search for Settings in the Windows search bar and click the corresponding result.

Step 2: Click Notifications & Actions in the left-hand menu. This will take you to a screen providing access to all of the settings related to notifications and the Action Center.

Step 3: Click the System icon, then select Notifications and actions from the left-hand menu.

Step 4: Look for the Notifications subheading, where you will see a number of toggles for various types of notifications. The following is a list of the settings you can toggle on this screen:

• Get notifications from apps and other senders
    • Show notifications on the lock screen
    • Show alarms, reminders, and incoming VoIP calls on the lock screen
    • Hide notifications when duplicating my screen
    • Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows
    You may just turn them off the notification as you need.

PeterPeng3, Feb 3, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Core OS leak points to new notifications system

1. Windows 10 Core OS leak points to new notifications system - Similar Threads - Core leak points

2. System Restore Point on a second installed drive with no OS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Restore Point on a second installed drive with no OS: HiIve set up the system restore on the E drive which has no OS and is simply an installed storage second drive. How would this work and where will it save the restore point data without an OS on the driveIm trying to find a way to save my second drives data automatically like...
  3. System Restore Point on a second installed drive with no OS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Restore Point on a second installed drive with no OS: HiIve set up the system restore on the E drive which has no OS and is simply an installed storage second drive. How would this work and where will it save the restore point data without an OS on the driveIm trying to find a way to save my second drives data automatically like...
  4. Transfer of windows OS to a new system

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer of windows OS to a new system: So I'm building a new PC and I want to transfer my windows 10 OS to the new system. I understand how to download the windows install media however, I am unable to obtain the product key. I purchased this years ago and it is reflected in the past transactions on the microsoft...
  5. Installed Windows 10 on new system, OS won't activate

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installed Windows 10 on new system, OS won't activate: Hey everyone! I upgraded from 7 Pro to 10 back when it came out. Fast forward to today. I just built a brand new computer and installed Windows on it, but it won't activate. I suspect that I didn't install the correct version (I installed Home Single Language), but I want...
  6. Microsoft plans for a new Action Center with Windows Core OS

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft plans for a new Action Center with Windows Core OS: Windows Core OS, a modular and adaptive version of Windows intended to run on foldable devices could well have a new Action Center. According to a new piece of information discovered by us, Microsoft might be developing a new version of Action Center exclusively for Windows...
  7. Windows 10 "Core" OS

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 "Core" OS: Windows Core OS: The Complete Guide | Windows Central I got interested when the latest UUPDUMP ISO for Build 18898 list Windows Core OS as a possible OS choice but it turned out it was just Windows Home. Still the above article is very interesting. 132673
  8. just windows 10 core system?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    just windows 10 core system?: there is anyway to get windows 10 without the bloatware? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/just-windows-10-core-system/6289652d-83d1-4f96-91dd-3c3b28e8d741
  9. System restore points in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System restore points in Windows 10: I want to restore my windows 10 to an earlier date but the program only shows options for 4 previous automatic restore points. The computer is two years old and so should have more than just 4 old points. How can I access older points?...
  10. Leaked line-up of Intel Core i9

in Windows 10 News
    Leaked line-up of Intel Core i9: A leaked slide suggests that Intel is gearing up to release a 12-core desktop processor as part of a new Core i9 release. But does anyone really need 12 cores on the desktop? Or, more importantly, will people pay for 12 cores? Here's what the leaked line-up is rumored...