Windows 10: Windows 10 Correct pin/password doesn’t work using safe mode

Discus and support Windows 10 Correct pin/password doesn’t work using safe mode in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I recently was trying to remove possible malware from my device. When I put my pc into safe mode, the correct pin that I have used for a long time... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by EvanCzys, May 18, 2022.

1. EvanCzys Win User

Windows 10 Correct pin/password doesn’t work using safe mode

I recently was trying to remove possible malware from my device. When I put my pc into safe mode, the correct pin that I have used for a long time shows up as incorrect. I tried using my Microsoft account password and I got the same result. I have no other options on my screen besides the 3 wifi, ease of access, and power options on the bottom right hand of the screen. I tried using safe mode with networking but nothing changed and my wifi is not the problem.I cannot get into my pc nor can I run safe mode using command prompt. When I click the f6 option for command prompt it takes me back to t

:)

EvanCzys, May 18, 2022

2. Window 10 unable to login with normal and safe mode with correct password

Hi Team,

Today i stuck to login on windows 10 with correct password, i follow same on safe mode but it does not work.

I tried with safe mode with Network but no luck.. Below steps i followed for safe mode...

Troubleshoot> Advanced Options> Startup Settings> Restart>Safe Mode with Networking.O

Here i re-enter the password and it doesn't work.

Please suggest...

RohitPanchalPanchal, May 18, 2022
  3. larc919 Win User
    Safe Mode won't accept correct password

I'm trying to run a third party software (AVG Internet Security) cleanup file that recommends Safe Mode. Yet, when I get to the Safe Mode lock screen, it won't accept my password (note that I am entering the password, not the PIN - it's the same password that gets me into my Microsoft account). Any suggestions what I should try? I'm hesitant to run the cleanup file in full Windows since it's not recommended.

larc919, May 18, 2022
  4. Xylee Del Win User

PIN not working in Safe mode

Hello,

Windows 10 may have encountered a corruption that caused your machine not to recognize your pin. For us to better assist you, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • Is this also happening even if you're not on Safe mode?
    • Are you getting an error message whenever you enter your pin?

Meanwhile, if you're able to log into your computer if you're not in Safe mode, we recommend that you visit this

link
    . From there, you'll see a thread with a similar issue, kindly see the reply of
    Kapil Arya MVP and follow the steps on his reply.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Xylee Del, May 18, 2022
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Correct pin/password doesn’t work using safe mode - Similar Threads - Correct pin password

2. Unable to log in, safe mode doesn’t work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to log in, safe mode doesn’t work: I have a three month old Dell XPS. I am unable to log in to the computer because it says the camera isnt working and “Something happened and your PIN isn’t available. Click to set up your PIN again.” I’ve also gotten an error message from explorer.exe saying “the system...
  3. Unable to log in, safe mode doesn’t work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to log in, safe mode doesn’t work: I have a three month old Dell XPS. I am unable to log in to the computer because it says the camera isnt working and “Something happened and your PIN isn’t available. Click to set up your PIN again.” I’ve also gotten an error message from explorer.exe saying “the system...
  4. Windows 10 Correct pin/password doesn’t work using safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Correct pin/password doesn’t work using safe mode: I recently was trying to remove possible malware from my device. When I put my pc into safe mode, the correct pin that I have used for a long time shows up as incorrect. I tried using my Microsoft account password and I got the same result. I have no other options on my...
  5. Windows 10 Correct pin/password doesn’t work using safe mode

Windows 10 Correct pin/password doesn’t work using safe mode: I recently was trying to remove possible malware from my device. When I put my pc into safe mode, the correct pin that I have used for a long time shows up as incorrect. I tried using my Microsoft account password and I got the same result. I have no other options on my...
  6. Password Not Working in Safe Mode Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password Not Working in Safe Mode Windows 10: Today I installed some software that changed some cosmetic settings in Windows like colors, taskbar look, etc. and it was working fine for a while, but when I wanted to uninstall it, the program bugged out my taskbar and start menu. I wasn't sure what to do as there was...
  7. Password Not Working in Safe Mode Windows 10

Password Not Working in Safe Mode Windows 10: Today I installed some software that changed some cosmetic settings in Windows like colors, taskbar look, etc. and it was working fine for a while, but when I wanted to uninstall it, the program bugged out my taskbar and start menu. I wasn't sure what to do as there was...
  8. Password Not Working in Safe Mode Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  9. "Password Incorrect" when using PIN or password in Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "Password Incorrect" when using PIN or password in Safe Mode: I had entered Safe Mode in hopes of fixing an issue I was having with my Bluetooth, however, I am unable to sign in with my password on the login screen. I did not set up the option to use my Microsoft account as a way to sign in and only use my PIN. I have not created a...
  10. Windows safe mode not taking the correct password

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows safe mode not taking the correct password: Hello everyone, I have been stuck in safe mode for a few hours now and it says my correct password, which I have changed now 3 times is incorrect and I cannot get it out of safe mode without the password, which it says no matter what is incorrect, is there anyone that knows...