Windows 10: Windows 10 corrupt on Laptop need to create install from usb

Discus and support Windows 10 corrupt on Laptop need to create install from usb in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi basically the subject shows the problem after my laptop was stuck loading updates for 8 hours I shut it down. It will reboot but does not load the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by geoffallen3, Jan 4, 2020.

1. Windows 10 corrupt on Laptop need to create install from usb

Hi basically the subject shows the problem after my laptop was stuck loading updates for 8 hours I shut it down. It will reboot but does not load the desktop the message windows\systm32\config system profile\desktop missing appears. I have a blank usb and a working PC. What is the best way to create a usb I can reboot my laptop from

:)

geoffallen3, Jan 4, 2020

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Jan 4, 2020
  3. thraxed Win User
    Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Jan 4, 2020
  4. Agility Win User

Windows 10 corrupt on Laptop need to create install from usb

Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Jan 4, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 corrupt on Laptop need to create install from usb

1. Windows 10 corrupt on Laptop need to create install from usb - Similar Threads - corrupt Laptop need

2. Installing Windows 10 from a bootable usb created with Media Creation Tool on a HP laptop...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing Windows 10 from a bootable usb created with Media Creation Tool on a HP laptop...: Hello,I have a HP laptop 2016, with factory firmware BIOS installed. Originally came with Windows 10 installed.I couldn´t recover the OS from disk recovery partition or usb recovery pen created on the day I bought my laptop.Couldn´t reset either, but BIOS seems to be working....
  3. Installing Windows 10 from a bootable usb created with Media Creation Tool on a HP laptop...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing Windows 10 from a bootable usb created with Media Creation Tool on a HP laptop...: Hello,I have a HP laptop 2016, with factory firmware BIOS installed. Originally came with Windows 10 installed.I couldn´t recover the OS from disk recovery partition or usb recovery pen created on the day I bought my laptop.Couldn´t reset either, but BIOS seems to be working....
  4. Installing Windows 10 from a bootable usb created with Media Creation Tool on a HP laptop...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Instaling Windows 10 from USB needs memory

in Cortana
    Instaling Windows 10 from USB needs memory: Hi all, By reininstalling Windows 10 from USB is asking for add. memory. I create The tool on another Laptop. What is the option now. I don't have any free memory, laptop is with 30 GB, free only 1 right now. Thank you very much. Greetings...
  6. Creating a USB install

Creating a USB install: 1. W10 2004 .ISO contains a file a .wim file? larger than 4GB. 2. 4GB is the limit for FAT32 files. 3. FAT32 is the only filesystem recognised by BIOS/UEFI boot. It seems that W10 2004 cannot be installed from an install USB. How do you install W10 2004 onto a new PC?...
  7. Creating Windows 10 install usb on Mac.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Creating Windows 10 install usb on Mac.: I cant find an up to date guide on how to make a install usb for the new pc I am building. Bootcamp does not work. submitted by /u/23snowmen [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i2z44e/creating_windows_10_install_usb_on_mac/
  8. Help needed to install Windows from usb

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help needed to install Windows from usb: Ok so I deleted all my partitions and have one drive 0 unallocated space with 931.gb. when I try to install windows it says "We couldn't install Windows in the location you chose. Please check your media drive. Here's more info about what happened 0x080300002". Idk what to...
  9. creating windows 10 1909 installation USB

creating windows 10 1909 installation USB: Hi This page : https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10 Will allow me to install windows 10 Pro 1909 build on my PC ? I checked the downloaded files like it is here How to Find the Windows version, build and edition from ISO or DVD >> Winhelponline I found it...
  10. Bootmgr image is corrupt on Windows 10 installer USB.

Bootmgr image is corrupt on Windows 10 installer USB.: I have tried to reinstall Windows 10 on my computer. I have changed the boot order, so the USB was the first. After restarting, I got this message: "BOOTMGR image is corrupt. The system cannot boot." I tried to look for solutions, but all topics I have found was about the...