Windows 10: Windows 10 corrupt since failed update, weird black screen

Discus and support Windows 10 corrupt since failed update, weird black screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, I am trying to repair my friends Windows 10, he was instaloing updates and after this is when the issues started. It boots up normally but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by deucalion0, Apr 28, 2019.

1. Windows 10 corrupt since failed update, weird black screen

Hi all,

I am trying to repair my friends Windows 10, he was instaloing updates and after this is when the issues started. It boots up normally but after showing that it Windows is starting the default profile, the screen is black with only a mouse pointer visible, which I can move around the screen. I cannot do anything other than press CTRL&SHIFT&ESC to open the task manager but this fails with the error message msvcp110_win.dll is missing.

I have tried to go through the options to troubleshoot such as Go back to the previous Build, System Restore or Startup Repair, the problem is it will start to process something and I will be prompted to select my keyboard layout and I am unable to interact with the options, the keyboard or mouse does not work so I am stuck here and unable to continue.

I would appreciate any advice here. Is there any other way I can repair the corrupt files? IF not what are the alternatives?

Thank you very much in advance!

:)

deucalion0, Apr 28, 2019
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Windows 10 Update Black Screen

Hi Steve,

This might be caused by a corrupted update file that made your PC go into black screen. We suggest checking this
    article as an initial troubleshooting step in resolving the issue of black screen. Follow the instructions
    provided on the link.

If you need further assistance, let us know.

Anne Ros, Apr 28, 2019
  3. Resolution to the problem of a failed Windows 10 recovery after a post-update black screen problem

Hi Gerome Leone,

A black screen with spinning dots usually means that the updates are finalizing. The Windows 10 setup process could take several hours depending on your connection speed, network settings, and the size of the update. Since you've mentioned that the update
    failed, it's possible that Windows Update program file corruption occurred. To further troubleshoot your black screen issue, we suggest performing the steps provided on this
    link. Under
    "Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors" section, select
    "I see a black screen with spinning dots".

Let us know the result for further assistance.

Lov Dollente, Apr 28, 2019
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Windows 10 corrupt since failed update, weird black screen

black screen

Hi Bart,

It is possible that you're experiencing black screen due to corrupted system files. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • What happen when you tried to login?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot black screen errors. You can choose which situation you're experiencing the error and perform the instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Apr 28, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 corrupt since failed update, weird black screen

1. Windows 10 corrupt since failed update, weird black screen - Similar Threads - corrupt since failed

2. Weird black screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weird black screen: This happened just now, I have an expensive Acer Nitro 5 laptop, and while I was talking to my friends on an app app caled discord, random black screen, no cursor, nothing, I restart, and after a few seconds the same black screen pops up, there is no sound, nothing, I then...
  3. Weird black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird black screen: This happened just now, I have an expensive Acer Nitro 5 laptop, and while I was talking to my friends on an app app caled discord, random black screen, no cursor, nothing, I restart, and after a few seconds the same black screen pops up, there is no sound, nothing, I then...
  4. Weird black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Weird blue screen/windows corruption problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird blue screen/windows corruption problem: Hi I've owned my current computer for around a year now, and it was a brand new ROG PC when I got it. When I purchased it I upgraded it's RAM but past that I've left everything as is, and it's performed perfect for the entire time until recently. I run Windows 10 and keep it...
  6. Weird black lines on screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weird black lines on screen: Some how my screen has been cut down, now having black lines on the top of the screen. I can not hover my mouse over it as it won't let me. I have tried the resolution setting but has not seemed to work. How can I get my screen back to normal??...
  7. Black screen aftr logged on since windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen aftr logged on since windows update: Since the last windows update, installed yesterday, I find myself unable to use my pc becaause when i log on the screen is completely black and i cannot acces anything even the control panel....
  8. Weird Black Screen

Weird Black Screen: So I was browsing this subreddit and found a video on how to disable bing in windows search and I did it and It worked but then I shut down my computer and the next time I turned my laptop on it gave a black screen and i was terrified. What I did was I was just force...
  9. Black Screen after Update (Since April)

Black Screen after Update (Since April): I've been trying to update my desktop pc since april, and everytime I restart it to install and apply the update, the screen goes black and I can't do anything past that. Tried the usual fixes (ctrl + alt + del and such) but I can't get it to work. Whenever I force to restart...
  10. Windows 10 update failing since August

Windows 10 update failing since August: Running windows update I keep getting the same 0x8008005 error. I'm pretty sure this started after Avast Cleanup change some registration files, removed previous backups. I've tried multiple fixes and walk through so far but nothing is working. The system is clearly having...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 update failed black screen