Windows 10: Windows 10 corrupt?

Discus and support Windows 10 corrupt? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi there. I believe Windows may be corrupt on my system. I am unable to open settings, or file explorer. Sometimes, I even have difficulty opening up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ShaunRajab, Mar 19, 2019.

1. Windows 10 corrupt?

Hi there.

I believe Windows may be corrupt on my system. I am unable to open settings, or file explorer. Sometimes, I even have difficulty opening up task manager. I am also unable to connect to our Wi-Fi (no hotspot appears on the list), however, Bluetooth is still working, and they are both coming from the same NIC. I have the Dell 7559 (i7 6700HQ, 960M, 1TB HDD, Windows 10 Home)

This seemed to have occurred as a result of a Windows Update, however, I could be completely wrong. To try fixing it, I have restarted many times. I then tried a System Restore, however, that resulted in me no longer being able to access my account (I got a stopcode error), so then I undid the restore. Thereafter, I used cmd, as admin, and typed "sfc/scannow". I then was given the following message "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file..." I am not sure how to attach the file to this message though. I have the file on my USB, so that I can send it wherever I need to though.

Kindly assist, thanks

:)

ShaunRajab, Mar 19, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 19, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Mar 19, 2019
  4. zbook Win User

Windows 10 corrupt?

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Mar 19, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 corrupt?

1. Windows 10 corrupt? - Similar Threads - corrupt

2. Why are screenshots from my snipping tool getting corrupted?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are screenshots from my snipping tool getting corrupted?: When I use my snipping tool Windows Key + Shift + S, it occasionally corrupts the screenshot. Opening the picture with other apps doesn't seem to work for me. I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling from the Microsoft Store, but still no luck. Not really sure what I'm...
  3. Why are screenshots from my snipping tool getting corrupted?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why are screenshots from my snipping tool getting corrupted?: When I use my snipping tool Windows Key + Shift + S, it occasionally corrupts the screenshot. Opening the picture with other apps doesn't seem to work for me. I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling from the Microsoft Store, but still no luck. Not really sure what I'm...
  4. Why are screenshots from my snipping tool getting corrupted?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are screenshots from my snipping tool getting corrupted?: Whenever I use my snipping tool Windows Key + Shift + S, it occasionally corrupts the screenshot. Opening the picture with other apps doesn't seem to work for me. I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling from the Microsoft Store, but still no luck. Not really sure what...
  5. Why are screenshots from my snipping tool getting corrupted?

Why are screenshots from my snipping tool getting corrupted?: Whenever I use my snipping tool Windows Key + Shift + S, it occasionally corrupts the screenshot. Opening the picture with other apps doesn't seem to work for me. I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling from the Microsoft Store, but still no luck. Not really sure what...
  6. Any picture I take with PRT SC or Snip, it gets corrupted after a few hours or a few days....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any picture I take with PRT SC or Snip, it gets corrupted after a few hours or a few days....: Every time I take a prt sc or snip for my school work or games, after a few hours or days, I will find out that it has been corrupted. It says "Sorry, Photos can't open this file because the format is currently unsupported, or this file is corrupted". This is also the same...
  7. Any picture I take with PRT SC or Snip, it gets corrupted after a few hours or a few days....

Any picture I take with PRT SC or Snip, it gets corrupted after a few hours or a few days....: Every time I take a prt sc or snip for my school work or games, after a few hours or days, I will find out that it has been corrupted. It says "Sorry, Photos can't open this file because the format is currently unsupported, or this file is corrupted". This is also the same...
  8. Why did my windows file system get corrupted?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did my windows file system get corrupted?: Hi, my windows file system got corrupted when an update happened, and it was filled up. Luckily I have a clone but still if I had not had that I would have lost a lot of files. Is Microsoft planning to fix this....
  9. Why did my windows file system get corrupted?

Why did my windows file system get corrupted?: Hi, my windows file system got corrupted when an update happened, and it was filled up. Luckily I have a clone but still if I had not had that I would have lost a lot of files. Is Microsoft planning to fix this....
  10. Pc corrupted and won’t restart

Pc corrupted and won’t restart: I’m trying to reset my pc bc of corrrupt files that my pc can’t fix and I’ve done everything from YouTube tutorials to other people having the question in these question boards and nothing worked so I’m trying to just reset but it says unable to connect sometimes or it will...