Windows 10: Windows 10 corrupted. New SSD disk with Windows 11, can't activate.

Discus and support Windows 10 corrupted. New SSD disk with Windows 11, can't activate. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Windows 10 corrupted. New SSD disk with Windows 11 installed by local repair shop. However, I can't activate it. Have old HDD with corrupted Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Marc Smith-Evans, Jan 23, 2023.

1. Windows 10 corrupted. New SSD disk with Windows 11, can't activate.

Windows 10 corrupted. New SSD disk with Windows 11 installed by local repair shop. However, I can't activate it. Have old HDD with corrupted Windows 10. How can I get product code from it?If I can't what are my options? I have a Microsoft account.

:)

Marc Smith-Evans, Jan 23, 2023
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 23, 2023
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

How long did you wait for activation?
    When I re-installed with a fresh install... it took a few hours to sync and activate.
    However, it did, finally, activate.

95Viper, Jan 23, 2023
  4. R-T-B Win User

Windows 10 corrupted. New SSD disk with Windows 11, can't activate.

Windows 10: A New Generation of Windows

Unless of course, you "convert" your Win7/8.1 license to a 10 one, and microsoft's Windows Activation servers say your install is suddenly not activated. They did this with the XP-64bit free license conversion.

R-T-B, Jan 23, 2023
Thema:

Windows 10 corrupted. New SSD disk with Windows 11, can't activate.

1. Windows 10 corrupted. New SSD disk with Windows 11, can't activate. - Similar Threads - corrupted SSD disk

2. Activation of Windows 11 on a new SSD is failing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activation of Windows 11 on a new SSD is failing.: I wonder if anyone can help with a strange issue I'm having with Windows 11.For some background as I feel it may be relevant, my license dates back to Windows 7 OEM System Builder. I upgraded to Windows 10 during the free upgrade period and later to Windows 11. I typically...
  3. Activation of Windows 11 on a new SSD is failing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activation of Windows 11 on a new SSD is failing.: I wonder if anyone can help with a strange issue I'm having with Windows 11.For some background as I feel it may be relevant, my license dates back to Windows 7 OEM System Builder. I upgraded to Windows 10 during the free upgrade period and later to Windows 11. I typically...
  4. BSOD since Windows 11 and new SSD disk

BSOD since Windows 11 and new SSD disk: Hello,Ive been getting constant BSOD, usually with IRQL less or equal. Sometimes different ones, related to the Kernel. Ive updated windows, drivers. Checked disk, checken memory. The problem usually occurs when started things that have graphics, like movies or games. Running...
  5. BSOD since Windows 11 and new SSD disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD since Windows 11 and new SSD disk: Hello,Ive been getting constant BSOD, usually with IRQL less or equal. Sometimes different ones, related to the Kernel. Ive updated windows, drivers. Checked disk, checken memory. The problem usually occurs when started things that have graphics, like movies or games. Running...
  6. Windows 10 corrupted. New SSD disk with Windows 11, can't activate.

Windows 10 corrupted. New SSD disk with Windows 11, can't activate.: Windows 10 corrupted. New SSD disk with Windows 11 installed by local repair shop. However, I can't activate it. Have old HDD with corrupted Windows 10. How can I get product code from it?If I can't what are my options? I have a Microsoft account....
  7. Windows 10 corrupted. New SSD disk with Windows 11, can't activate.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 corrupted. New SSD disk with Windows 11, can't activate.: Windows 10 corrupted. New SSD disk with Windows 11 installed by local repair shop. However, I can't activate it. Have old HDD with corrupted Windows 10. How can I get product code from it?If I can't what are my options? I have a Microsoft account....
  8. Windows 10 from corrupted SSD to new SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 from corrupted SSD to new SSD: Hi all, I have an Acer E5-576G-5762 laptop, it's 3 yrs old and the 250gb SSD is corrupted. It still works for the most part but it has issues. I have purchased a new 500 gb Crucial MX500 M.2 hard drive. This is a huge step for me as I'm old and NOT computer savvy. I'm...
  9. Activating Windows 10 on new SSD

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activating Windows 10 on new SSD: Hi there I have the Windows 10 Pro 64 bit version with an OEM license activated on my laptop. I would like to replace my HDD with an SSD. I would like to understand how to activate the license on the new SSD. Please note that i would prefer to do a fresh install of the OS...
  10. New SSD activate Windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    New SSD activate Windows: I just upgraded my computer and purchased an SSD. I cloned my HDD and am now running Windows 10 from my new SSD. It would appear that I need to Activate Windows again now that it has been changed, but I'm unable. I followed the guide here:...