Windows 10: Windows 10 corrupted, right click context menu no delete, cut and copy

Discus and support Windows 10 corrupted, right click context menu no delete, cut and copy in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am facing very strange issue with "Windows 10 Professional 1803", when I right click at the desktop context menu there are no delete, cut and copy:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Vlatkon, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Vlatkon Win User

Windows 10 corrupted, right click context menu no delete, cut and copy

I am facing very strange issue with "Windows 10 Professional 1803", when I right click at the desktop context menu there are no delete, cut and copy:

(I can copy, move or delete files using CMD!)

Windows 10 corrupted, right click context menu no delete, cut and copy 0cc6ac40-65aa-4e31-9058-566cf085b0f5?upload=true.jpg

Also when I try to do start - run - i am getting this error:
    Windows 10 corrupted, right click context menu no delete, cut and copy 8c38cf33-64ac-4039-a0c7-f6c16d2066ef?upload=true.jpg

Also JAVA give this error:

Windows 10 corrupted, right click context menu no delete, cut and copy 4957bd59-467a-482d-8012-f5ecf696251e?upload=true.jpg

Current Version of windows:

Windows 10 corrupted, right click context menu no delete, cut and copy 2c14f328-0e28-4530-92ff-ef04dea03c0c?upload=true.jpg

I tried scanning for viruses and Trojans using "SuperAntispyware", "Mallwarebytes" and "EsetNod32", nothing found.

I tried "sfc /scannow", "chkdsk /r" and no errors or corrupted files are found.

Also the repair windows install cannot be performed, at the end it gives some error.

I think this is windows version issue? What to do how can I solve this? I dont want to do a clean install because i have a lot of software installed.

:)

Vlatkon, Nov 14, 2018
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

3. windows 10 desktop icon context menus

(Windows 10 with Anniversary Update, patched up to date.) Following installation of Anniversary Update I have 2 context menu issues. When I right-click a desktop shortcut the context menu appears but Open, Run As Administrator, and Pin to Start don't work
    - e.g., the app won't launch and it won't pin to the Start Menu (but it will pin to Taskbar). On the other hand, Cut, Copy, Delete, and Properties do work. It doesn't matter which shortcut I try, and this all worked before the upgrade. Also the Win-X menu
    pops open, but none of those choices work either except the 4 bottom ones - Desktop, Shutdown, Run, and Search. Again, if the choice is to run a program, there may be a momentary spinner, but nothing starts up. The shortcuts only launch if I double-click,
    and the context menus seem to work from inside the Start list (including creating a tile and pinning to the Start Menu from there.

I've tried different Google searches, but none of the hits quite describe my issues. One of the postings that came close suggested running a utility called ShellExView. I disabled all 7 suspect non-MS context menus it identified, but that made no difference.
    So, can anybody help?

WarrenClearfield, Nov 14, 2018
  4. awwall Win User

Delete and Cut missing from File Explorer Context Menu

My first post here. I searched here but could not find an answer, maybe someone can shed some light on this. I am trying to help an elderly friend who has run into a problem that neither of us can solve. I consider myself pretty savvy on computers, but this one has me stumped.

He called and said he could no longer delete unwanted files. I stepped though the normal steps of finding the file, right clicking on it, move down context menu, and then select Delete. However, here lies the problem. He has no Delete to select, nor does he have a Cut to select. I even had him try to select the file and use the "Red X" at the top menu bar, however, when he selects a file, the top menu bar switches from the Home to the File tab. When he selects the Home tab, the files he selected gets de-selected.

Hope I made this clearer than mud...sure could use some options to try.

Thanks

awwall, Nov 14, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 corrupted, right click context menu no delete, cut and copy - Similar Threads - corrupted right click

2. Right Click context menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right Click context menu: How to restore old Right-click Context menu in Windows 11 as default https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-context-menu/cdfdc643-2248-4080-9d73-4685d6fdbe15
  3. Right Click context menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right Click context menu: How to restore old Right-click Context menu in Windows 11 as default https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-context-menu/cdfdc643-2248-4080-9d73-4685d6fdbe15
  4. Right Click Context Menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Right Click Context Menu: Is there a way to edit it? Mine has things I don't need. Also, is there a way to add things too? And if can't edit. just rearrange the order of the actions. Win10 Pro submitted by /u/Frankie_Hollywood [link] [comments]...
  5. Right Click Context menu.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right Click Context menu.: How can I change the size of the right click context menu? And can somebody tell me why the context menu changes its size automatically. Right now its showing like thispicture attached, earlier the width was less. [IMG]...
  6. How to add 'copy to Notepad' in right-click context menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to add 'copy to Notepad' in right-click context menu: Am I dreaming? I'm certain that once upon a time, (perhaps long ago) I could highlight text on a webpage and simply right-click and copy to Notepad. I've spent hours touring the registry, trying to add the feature. I've only been able to locate desktop and explorer context...
  7. How to add 'copy to Notepad' in right-click context menu

in Windows 10 Support
    How to add 'copy to Notepad' in right-click context menu: Am I dreaming? I'm certain that once upon a time, (perhaps long ago) I could highlight text on a webpage and simply right-click and copy to Notepad. I've spent hours touring the registry, trying to add the feature. I've only been able to locate desktop and explorer context...
  8. Right-click Context Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Right-click Context Menu: I click on ads on some websites and gadgets to give revenue to the service provider. Generally, I want to right-click, then click on 'Open Link in New Tab'. More and more, right-clicking is acting like left-clicking and taking me to the ad site in the current tab or doing...
  9. Right Click Context Menu Glitch

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Right Click Context Menu Glitch: If I Right Click in File Explorer or on Desktop and hover over "New," The Menu Freezes as does file explorer and will hang for around 30 seconds to one minute. Very Frustrating and hope it can be fixed!...
  10. Right click context menu for explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Right click context menu for explorer: Trying to create a Right click context menu for explorer. I used to be able to launch VLC mediaplayer by right clicking on a Video_ts folder and chose play with VLC, seems to have gone for some reason...tried a few programs to help me with this but no luck yet....just tried...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no delete on right click