Windows 10: Windows 10 corrupting mouse cursor graphics on random occasions.

Discus and support Windows 10 corrupting mouse cursor graphics on random occasions. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hardware is a nvidia 2070 equipped laptop. Latest drivers. The problem is that the cursor sprite(texture) gets corrupted. this leads the different... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LassiKinnunen, Oct 3, 2019.

1. Windows 10 corrupting mouse cursor graphics on random occasions.

Hardware is a nvidia 2070 equipped laptop. Latest drivers.
    The problem is that the cursor sprite(texture) gets corrupted. this leads the different cursor states being all corrupted more or less(the position indicator cursor is an offset arrow and some states are just mishmash.

What doesn't help or will not help: reinstalling drivers, reinstalling or any of the solutions in the approximately 100 locked threads about this exact same issue(which were not help to the people there either - why lock the threads before they have a solution? ).

Is there an actual simple fix to make this not occur? it doesn't happen too often(not even daily). rebooting fixes it.

There's a video of the issue from a different user https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgX8N9g7R7Q&list=LLpTrAtznmCEE2CKyHZeMWdg&index=11&t=0s form a different thread that had non working copy-paste fix suggestions(change mouse etc which are not the issue, it doesn't matter what mouse device you plug in or use for this problem to occur, it affects all pointer devices connected to the pc - answers for that fellow had not watched the video or didn't understand the problem).

Is it a bug on the hw acceleration of the gpu drivers? is it bug on windows side? would using some cursor replacement program work for it? is there a manual way to reset the pointer texture cache without rebooting the whole pc? even setting the pointer to a different cursor only resets the texture area partially.

:)

LassiKinnunen, Oct 3, 2019
  2. vram Win User

Odd graphical glitch with mouse cursor

Anyone else have this happen? The garbled box is my mouse cursor. It returned to normal once I logged in. This is a random thing. Most of the time, its normal.

Windows 10 corrupting mouse cursor graphics on random occasions. [​IMG]

vram, Oct 3, 2019
  3. Mouse Cursor and pad cursor - Acer Aspire Lap Top.

Hi Tess,

Based on the description that you mentioned, you're having challenges controlling the mouse cursor. It looks like we will need more information about your concern in order to give the most appropriate advice. As such, please answer the following questions:

• Did make any changes to your computer prior to this issue (e.g. updating Windows operating system, hardware changes, etc.)?
    • Can you please tell us more description of the behavior of the mouse cursor?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to the link below for helpful tips and steps on how you can resolve this issue:

Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows

We also suggest that you update the drivers in
    Windows 10
    as this process will apply new features and fixes that are essential to your hardware drivers.

We're looking forward to your response.

Lawrence Lib, Oct 3, 2019
  4. Argel Obm Win User

Windows 10 corrupting mouse cursor graphics on random occasions.

No mouse cursor

Hi,

It is possible that the system did not recognize the mouse of your computer after it booted up. This can be the reason why you do not see the mouse cursor. Kindly perform a power cycle to refresh the power of the computer. To do this, follow these steps:

• Shutdown the computer.
    • After shutting it down, remove the battery (if you're using a laptop) and disconnect the computer from the charger.
    • Wait for 1 minute.
    • After 1 minute, attach the battery and turn on the computer.
    • Check if you will see the mouse cursor.

Let us know how it goes.

Argel Obm, Oct 3, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 corrupting mouse cursor graphics on random occasions.

1. Windows 10 corrupting mouse cursor graphics on random occasions. - Similar Threads - corrupting mouse cursor

2. Windows 10 mouse/pointer/cursor keeps randomly clicking

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 mouse/pointer/cursor keeps randomly clicking: Hi, I'm using a Windows 10 laptop and my cursor started randomly left-clicking and right-clicking out of nowhere.The effect is that when I'm moving my mouse around, it randomly holds down the left-click key for example and everything on the application I'm using gets selected...
  3. BOSD on random occasions

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BOSD on random occasions: Hi guys. My dad bought me a beast of a computer which i'm very thankful for. The specs are: Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor 3.59GHz Video Card: Radeon RX 570 Series RAM: 8 GB submitted by /u/onecoolredditboi [link] [comments]...
  4. Mouse Cursor Randomly Teleports

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse Cursor Randomly Teleports: Hello! Recently I have started to have a problem with my laptop where even as I am not touching anything, my cursor will randomly flash around my screen. By consulting similar questions that people have asked in the past I tried disabling my touchpad, touchscreen, and turned...
  5. Mouse cursor file missing/corrupted

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse cursor file missing/corrupted: Hi, Recently I noticed that I am not able to change my cursor. I went to personalize>Themes>Mouse cursor. When I clicked on "Mouse cursor" this error message pops up. I remembered that at the first day when I bought my PC I used to change my cursor into black. But no such...
  6. corrupt mouse cursor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    corrupt mouse cursor: Every day my cursor would go to the top of my screen and start shaking. Sometimes a white box would go around it. And other times the cursor won't show but looks like I am touching the screen even though I'm not. Every time I try to move it with my mouse it won't move out of...
  7. Lost mouse cursor with corrupted drivers

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lost mouse cursor with corrupted drivers: Lost mouse cursor and also have error message on access to one drive. Have tried removing mouse drivers, but on restart no success. Do I need to make a restoration disk?...
  8. Corrupted Mouse Cursor Win10

in Windows 10 Support
    Corrupted Mouse Cursor Win10: Every few days or so my mouse cursor will behave oddly in the sense that Windows will choose the wrong cursor. For example, on the desktop the cursor will change from the pointing hand, to the spinning wheel, to the scroll arrows, etc. I can still click everything, but the...
  9. Odd graphical glitch with mouse cursor

in Windows 10 Support
    Odd graphical glitch with mouse cursor: Anyone else have this happen? The garbled box is my mouse cursor. It returned to normal once I logged in. This is a random thing. Most of the time, its normal. [img] 33567
  10. Win Update - Mouse cursor corrupt

in Windows 10 Support
    Win Update - Mouse cursor corrupt: Windows was requiring an update, so I let windows run the update, and a restart was required. After the restart several things did not load, or load properly. 1. First thing I noticed is, I never liked a simple white mouse cursor, so I use a yellow cursor, that worked in...