Windows 10: Windows 10 Cortana (or Search Bar) definitions of applications

Discus and support Windows 10 Cortana (or Search Bar) definitions of applications in Cortana to solve the problem; Not so lately, I've noticed some strange thing after typing in any name of application in the Search Bar. 1st image: here's how the application... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Lyteniro, Apr 22, 2019.

1. Lyteniro Win User

Windows 10 Cortana (or Search Bar) definitions of applications

Not so lately, I've noticed some strange thing after typing in any name of application in the Search Bar.

1st image: here's how the application definition should look like, under the name of an app, it's written what kind of it is this (Desktop app or Trusted Windows Store app).

2nd image: here's how the application definition usually appear on my PC, it says just "App" after I type in the name of it. I think it shouldn't behave that way.

It just changes from time to time. For example, one time it's said that app is a desktop app, and later it's just an app. sfc /scannow and dism restore health and clean image didn't help.

Windows 10 Cortana (or Search Bar) definitions of applications 9d752085-8830-4714-a2aa-f6c40bd53af7?upload=true.png

Windows 10 Cortana (or Search Bar) definitions of applications 8aa5bc2f-508c-4e0f-9036-158af94770e1?upload=true.png

:)

Lyteniro, Apr 22, 2019
  2. lucille15 Win User

Cortana - Search and Task Bar

I have the same problems witch Task Bar, Cortana, Search Bar as other users, who wrote before me.

Is this going to be fixed by Microsoft, or we have to try all kind of suggestions from professionals?

I don't have access to any initial applications supplied with Windows 10. Task bar doesn't open.

Cortana is there only in a name. Cortana bar with Search don't respond. I badly need some of applications

originally present with Windows 10.

Tell me what to do in clear, simple instructions, please?

Thank You - Alexandra Mankiewicz - L:
    *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

lucille15, Apr 22, 2019
  3. Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Apr 22, 2019
  4. Jelu Cal Win User

Cortana and search bar

To better isolate your concern, we'd like to check the following:

• If Cortana still shows results in French after performing the steps posted on the link that we've shared.
    • If there are other applications on your device that exhibit the same concern.

In the meantime, we'd recommend checking the language set up specifically for Cortana. To do this, you can perform the following:

• Click on the Search bar.
    • Click on the gear icon.
    • Scroll to the option that has a drop down menu.
    • Select English.

Windows 10 Cortana (or Search Bar) definitions of applications 247352fb-63c9-4fa1-a9d6-65d7fd7725fd.png

We look forward to your response.

Jelu Cal, Apr 22, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Cortana (or Search Bar) definitions of applications - Similar Threads - Cortana Search Bar

2. Cortana Search Bar Crashing

in Cortana
    Cortana Search Bar Crashing: Hey all, Today i've had an issue come up to where my Search Bar just randomly glitches out. Basically whenever I click on it, the search bar comes up blank, and crashes about 2 - 5 seconds later. Sometimes a string of text randomly appears saying...
  3. cortana and search bar

in Cortana
    cortana and search bar: why is my task bar like this . How can i combine cortana and search bar . Please tell me i am ready to change registory too.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-and-search-bar/41bb3ef4-95f0-46e7-80b0-d84c18b0f469
  4. Windows search bar & Cortana are not working

in Cortana
    Windows search bar & Cortana are not working: I cannot type in search text. Also Cortana does not work. When I go into Settings to try and resolve anything nothing works. Does anyone know if this is a temporary issue or something bigger....
  5. Windows Search bar and Cortana

in Cortana
    Windows Search bar and Cortana: I have somehow split my Cortana and Windows search into two different things. I think this was a side effect of disabling and re enabling cortana. Can someone please help me streamline both/get rid of Windows search...
  6. Windows 10 Search bar and Cortana not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Search bar and Cortana not working: So after switching the language from italian to english (selected language pack only) I found out I was unable to use the search bar (Cortana and windows key shortcuts don't work too). I tried switching to my main language again, but it doesn't change anything. Tried...
  7. Cortana Search bar glitch?

in Cortana
    Cortana Search bar glitch?: So I tried to fix the problem by restarting cortana- nothing. It happens everytime I try to look something on the search bar or use the home button. Its annoying and I really don't know what's happening or what to do.[ATTACH]...
  8. Cortana/Search Bar

in Cortana
    Cortana/Search Bar: I turned Off "Hey Cortana" in the Voice in Setting and it goes back to On all by itself. This intelligence is too "artificial. Let's get this fixed, As a Windows Insider I'm deeply disappointed Microsoft has not resolved this issue....
  9. Cortana Search Bar

in Cortana
    Cortana Search Bar: Hi there! I need help figuring out how to be able to use the type here to search section again on my task bar. Since last night I have not been able to. When I click on it to type, it goes straight to highlighting the mic picture in blue and is not allowing me to type at...
  10. How to Get Rid of Cortana Search Application Bar?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Get Rid of Cortana Search Application Bar?: For some reason this application bar keeps on popping up on Cortana when I search things, anyone know how to get rid of it? Screenshot here: (the icons on the top above 'best match' is what I'm talking about) [img] Please help! Thanks, 46560

Users found this page by searching for:

1. search bar application