Windows 10: Windows 10 could be getting a new lightweight video, GIF editing tool

Discus and support Windows 10 could be getting a new lightweight video, GIF editing tool in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 10 currently comes with built-in video recording tool that is part of the Xbox app and it works very well if you have to record a simple video... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Oct 2, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10 could be getting a new lightweight video, GIF editing tool

Windows 10 currently comes with built-in video recording tool that is part of the Xbox app and it works very well if you have to record a simple video of your actions in apps and games. To make video and GIF recording and editing easier for you, Microsoft is working on a new lightweight tool for Windows 10.

Screen recording is a feature Microsoft has been avoiding for a while on Windows 10. With a future PowerToys update, Microsoft is finally introducing a lightweight video and GIF recorder with a quick settings toggle and familiar user interface.

This new tool will allow you to create videos of your desktop and apps. In addition, you can also create GIF, but you won’t be able to convert your videos to GIF, at least for now.

Likewise, Microsoft is also including an editing tool that will help you customize the quality and length of videos or GIFs.

Currently called “Video GIF Capture”, this new tool is supposed to immediately start Windows 10’s screen recorder when you press and hold Win + Shift + R. The recording feature is long overdue but was always possible using Xbox Game Bar and third-party tools.

It’s also worth noting that Microsoft wants to create a simple and lightweight free recording tool, and there are no plans to introduce advanced features. Microsoft’s native recording app will be an alternative to feature-heavy apps like ScreenToGIF and other apps.

Windows 10 could be getting a new lightweight video, GIF editing tool Microsoft-video-recorder-app.jpg

Microsoft says the goal is to offer “efficient recording” experience with basic editing options. With the app, you can press Windows + Shift + R to darken your screen and pull up the video or GIF recording interface, which lets you draw a rectangular snip or a snip of the full screen.

Windows 10 could be getting a new lightweight video, GIF editing tool PowerToys-screen-recording.jpg

Once you’ve selected the area, Windows app will begin recording the screen for video or GIF. Clicking on the pause button will take you directly to the app and from there you can edit the media content.

Windows 10 could be getting a new lightweight video, GIF editing tool Microsoft-GIF-recorder-app.jpg

As you can see in the above screenshots, the experience similar to Windows 10’s Snip and Sketch app.

Microsoft is planning to use a familiar interaction experience that looks like other Windows apps, such as Snip and Sketch, Xbox Game Bar, Photos, and more.

The project is still in early days of development and Microsoft is currently looking for feedback from PowerToys users, so we don’t know when Microsoft’s native video editing app will come to life.

In addition to a video editor, Microsoft is also testing a new PowerToys feature that will come handy if you use Microsoft Teams for your online classes and meetings.

The post Windows 10 could be getting a new lightweight video, GIF editing tool appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Oct 2, 2020
  2. NinaDG Win User

Video editing?

If anyone is looking for alternative video editing software after WMM was stopped being supported, here is a decent list of free tools working on Windows 10.

NinaDG, Oct 2, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Snipping Tool on Windows 7

All it is is one extra step beyond what is native to windows 10. Yes, technically it would be easier to have the functionality of print built in to the Windows 7 version, but you just have to save it ,and right click on it ,and print.

As far as getting the windows 10 version into windows7. I know there was a way to get the old winpaint, so maybe there's a way to get the snipping tool into 10, I don't know.

im curious if i could compress, and upload the application to this post? 7zip doesnt seem to be allowed

jboydgolfer, Oct 2, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 could be getting a new lightweight video, GIF editing tool - Similar Threads - getting lightweight video

2. Video lags when edited with softwares, but not when edited with tools online?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video lags when edited with softwares, but not when edited with tools online?: This is a problem that I can't find any way aroundFor some reason, whenever I produce an edited video through an editing software like Camtasia or Filmora or even Microsoft Clipchamp, it lags I think its' fps dropped. But when I'm editing using an external tool I found online...
  3. Video lags when edited with softwares, but not when edited with tools online?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video lags when edited with softwares, but not when edited with tools online?: This is a problem that I can't find any way aroundFor some reason, whenever I produce an edited video through an editing software like Camtasia or Filmora or even Microsoft Clipchamp, it lags I think its' fps dropped. But when I'm editing using an external tool I found online...
  4. Video lags when edited with softwares, but not when edited with tools online?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 could get a new tool to kill app processes instantly

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 could get a new tool to kill app processes instantly: Windows 10 could be getting a new way to terminate app processes without opening Task Manager. The idea is a simplified version of Task Manager that will allow users to kill app processes or programs which are hogging too much memory. Windows 10 currently lets you...
  6. Video editing app on new Windows 10?

Video editing app on new Windows 10?: How can I use Windows 10 on the new laptop I just bought to edit videos? I have opened the new photos and it does not seem to have the 'create video project' options the older version has. Is there an app on the new Windows 10 I can use? I need to edict videos with music etc...
  7. Does Windows 10 Video Editor support gifs?

Does Windows 10 Video Editor support gifs?: Hello! I've tried to make a video consisting of several gifs back-to-back in the Windows 10 Video Editor, but they are just displayed as pictures and do not move. Does the Video Editor support gifs, and if so, how do I make them move? (and if it does not support them,...
  8. Windows 10 lightweight???

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 lightweight???: I've been seeing some pages on the net about light-weight versions of windows, and recently moved my old win7 computer to lubuntu, a lightweight version of linux ubuntu, and I really am happy about the boost in performance. I have a windows 10 computer that is pretty slow,...
  9. Active Directory Domain Services and Lightweight Directory Tools on windows 10

Active Directory Domain Services and Lightweight Directory Tools on windows 10: where can I get it I don't have it on my laptop ? Active Directory Domain Services and Lightweight Directory Tools on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/active-directory-domain-services-and-lightweight/1d1906ad-4006-4ad8-b30d-634acf15c410
  10. LG could be working on a 17-inch lightweight Windows 10 laptop

in Windows 10 News
    LG could be working on a 17-inch lightweight Windows 10 laptop: It appears that LG is working on another variant of the Gram series ultrabook that could be unveiled next year. What makes LP Gram lineup special is, of course, their weight. They’re actually some of the lightest and thinnest Windows 10 notebooks around with powerful...