Windows 10: Windows 10 Could Be the Real Windows 7 Successor, Expert..

Discus and support Windows 10 Could Be the Real Windows 7 Successor, Expert.. in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; It's no secret that Microsoft puts all its hopes in Windows 10 as far as its efforts on the desktop are concerned, and analysts across the world see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Jan 18, 2015.

1. labeeman Win User

Windows 10 Could Be the Real Windows 7 Successor, Expert..

More

labeeman, Jan 18, 2015
  2. Edwin New Member

Got a kick out of the first comment on that article:

:)

Edwin, Jan 18, 2015
  3. Which antivirus should I use?

It depends on the person and selecting Anti-Virus is very subjective, some people love Norton, some others not . If you are using Windows 7, you could install Microsoft Security Essentials and use it, if you have Windows 10, Windows Defender is build in
    which protect you against all malware (it is successor of Microsoft Security Essentials). Norton also released a Anti-Virus software which is compatible for Windows 10.

It is totally up to you, you may continue use Norton or switch to Windows Defender in Windows 10. You could use the one which you are more comfortable with.

Cyber_Defend_Team, Jan 18, 2015
  4. Windows 10 Could Be the Real Windows 7 Successor, Expert..

Microsoft Lifecam HD 3000 and Microsoft Windows 10 drivers

what would solve a lot of people's problems is for their experts to stop hiding things from users and when they seek help give real time help not real time useless help

If you are to maintain that you are an expert be an expert not a novice who doesn't know diddly about anything

William.Robb886, Jan 18, 2015
  5. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

Sounds a bit like the connection between Grandmothers, eggs and a noisy way of eating.

How on earth do these "journalists" get paid for writing such drivel.

W10 is intended (was intended ? eng ?) from the outset to appeal to traditional desktop users - and to try and avoid creating an "XP" scenario for W7. While W7 remains very popular still W10 is gaining more support even amongst total W7 die-hards - a bit more selling / marketing skills from Ms need to be deployed - and I think also that for some people the ability to totally HIDE any trace of metro whether on the main menu or not should be a configuration option.

In an Enterprise as well the whole idea of "The Store" is quite frankly utterly absurd - should be ditched. Apple barely has any presence in the corporate desktop market so Ms shouldn't be copying that model for business customers.

Desktop should be able to handle Metro also without a re-boot --W7 traditional users could then use whatever of these features they want at a time convenient for them.

My W7 VM exists ONLY because I have a SAP IDES system and a SAP GUI on it - these applications aren't yet available on W10 - everything else runs perfectly on W10.

XP is a different matter - I still have some expensive legacy hardware that won't even run on W7 -- I'm actually making a bit of money cutting VINYL records for people - my studio / hardware only runs on an XP machine -- fortunately it runs fine as a VM.

This equipment is brilliant and still works perfectly - no reason to upgrade to much more expensive stuff - so my XP machine will probably outlast my W7 VM. !!!!

( I sometimes capture stuff at Gigs with a minidisc recorder - then transfer to the studio software and then cut the VINYLS - can even do 78 RPM's for Wind up gramophones for people. - no way minidisc transfer works on W10 !!!! XP - no prob.!!!!. Getting the blanks used to be the tricky bit - now that's quite easy again).

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Could Be the Real Windows 7 Successor, Expert..

1. Windows 10 Could Be the Real Windows 7 Successor, Expert.. - Similar Threads - Real Successor Expert

2. expert question for Windows 7 Anytime Update and directory junctions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    expert question for Windows 7 Anytime Update and directory junctions: Do not ask why but i want to update win7 home premium to win 7 professional.I now the procedure. But since my PC has the OS on C and SSD and the data on Dnormal HD i created directory junctions to point from c:\documents and settings to a same named folder on D. The c:\users...
  3. expert question for Windows 7 Anytime Update and directory junctions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    expert question for Windows 7 Anytime Update and directory junctions: Do not ask why but i want to update win7 home premium to win 7 professional.I now the procedure. But since my PC has the OS on C and SSD and the data on Dnormal HD i created directory junctions to point from c:\documents and settings to a same named folder on D. The c:\users...
  4. Not an expert!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Not an expert!: I have a HP laptop that is connected automatically to an unknown network. The unknown net work has set up parental controls. Laptop,phones, Ruku, Xbox , everything! I need help! I already did F11 restart and found my system32 in my x drive. Needless to say it didn’t work....
  5. Windows 10 successor will ship with massive scheduling updates

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 successor will ship with massive scheduling updates: Microsoft is unveiling the name for the next release of Windows on June 24 and reports have suggested that the next-gen desktop OS will be called “Windows 11”. While the company had referred to its next-generation OS as codename Sun Valley and Cobalt internally, it’s simply...
  6. I would love if some Windows 10 experts could chime in with their insights....

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I would love if some Windows 10 experts could chime in with their insights....: submitted by /u/varietist_department [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/esspvy/i_would_love_if_some_windows_10_experts_could/
  7. Win 10 Update Corrupts Startup Every Time - This will require a real expert.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 Update Corrupts Startup Every Time - This will require a real expert.: After updating to 1903 a month ago, Windows updated again last week and would not boot (keeps spinning in a circle). I had an image from Macrium that went back to May. After trying all the bullet items below and failing, I reloaded the old image but it after one handful of...
  8. Real time protection could not turn on

Real time protection could not turn on: real time protection is not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/real-time-protection-could-not-turn-on/6b766efe-f2b1-45fc-818b-d3fec830971d
  9. Windows 10 could not install revert back to Windows 7 failed

Windows 10 could not install revert back to Windows 7 failed: Has anyone else experienced the following? My Windows 7 was updating to Windows 10. When it appeared to almost be done configuring a message appeared stating the Windows 10 could not be installed and it was restoring the previous version of Windows. Well that did not...
  10. Windows 7 to 10 Upgrade? Windows could not parse or process

Windows 7 to 10 Upgrade? Windows could not parse or process: Hi, first time post............ Am trying to upgrade my daughters Acer laptop from W7 to W10 before the deadline but keep getting this error........... [img] Have done lots of reading up on it with lots of attempts to fix the problem but as yet I'm still no closer...