Windows 10: Windows 10 could get these new features next year

Discus and support Windows 10 could get these new features next year in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft is considering a new update for its PowerToys tool to introduce a range of new features and further expand customization options on Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Nov 20, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10 could get these new features next year

Microsoft is considering a new update for its PowerToys tool to introduce a range of new features and further expand customization options on Windows 10.

According to the roadmap, Microsoft is currently considering a new screen recording tool, Always on Top mode, custom font rendering feature, a brand-new Color Picker, and more for Windows 10 PowerToys tool.

Windows 10 has a screen recording tool and it’s built into the Game Bar. While the Game Bar based Recorder works great, it’s not a perfect replacement for a screen recording tool.

Microsoft appears to be working on an amazingly useful tool called Screen/GIF recorder and it’s currently part of the PowerToys project. This new feature will allow you to record your screen, and you’ll be able to save it as an animated GIF or video file.

Windows 10 could get these new features next year Screen-recording.jpg

The new screen recording tool will be offered outside the Game Bar and it will use Windows 10’s built-in screen snipping APIs. Microsoft is currently planning to enable support for text overlays on videos, keystrokes and cursor recording, and more.

Always on Top

Microsoft also appears to be considering a new feature called “Always on Top” mode that will allow you to keep your favorite app’s window floating over any other window.

Currently, Microsoft or Windows doesn’t offer a built-in way to enable Always on Top mode for any app.

In future, users will be able to use PowerToys to enable Always on Top mode for their apps and this will allow the app to hover over other app windows, without disappearing.

Font rendering settings

PowerToys will get another interesting feature called “Font rendering settings“.

Microsoft plans to offer a greater pool of settings to customize the font rendering system with features like smoothing mode, which could be useful if you have a computer or laptop with high-resolution.

Color Picker 2

PowerToys already comes with a Color Picker (a free tool to identify the value of any color on your screen) and it’s finally getting better next year.

Windows 10 could get these new features next year Color-Picker-1.jpg

Color Picker 2 will align with Windows 10X’s interface, Fluent Design, and it will also you to easily identify colors on your sreeen.

Quick Terminate app

Another utility could be ‘Quick Terminate’. This feature will allow you to terminate the app and its background processes with one tap. Currently, you need to go through the long list of active processes in Task Manager to find and nuke a particular app process.

Quick Terminate will allow you to terminate the app and its processes with a keyboard shortcut.

Cursor finder

Windows 10 could get these new features next year Cursor-locator.gif

Microsoft also appears to be working on a new Cursor Finder that will be activated when you press a keyboard shortcut.

Paste as plain text

When you copy content from a website and paste it in your email or Windows apps such as Word, you’ll often find that it keeps its original special formating.

Some apps allow users to paste as plain text using ‘Ctrl+Shift+V’ keyboard, and it looks like PowerToys will bring this capability to all apps on Windows 10.

There is no definitive release date for the next PowerToys update, but these features are expected to land sometime next year.

The post Windows 10 could get these new features next year appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Nov 20, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 20, 2020
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Nov 20, 2020
  4. ssn650 Win User

New features and improvements coming to Windows 10

You've gotta be kiddin' me. There must be some way to disable this "Get the App" notification or else I'm staying away from Windows 10 for good. Total nonsense. This feature won't be available to Enterprise users, will it?

ssn650, Nov 20, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 could get these new features next year - Similar Threads - features next

2. Windows 10 will still get two feature updates next year, but in a new way

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 will still get two feature updates next year, but in a new way: Microsoft is still planning to release two feature updates next year for Windows 10, but the company won’t repeat this year’s major-minor cadence for upgrades. This time the significance of the next two Windows 10 upgrades will be flipped. The end result will be a minor...
  3. I added some weird feature to my files, now each has a padlock next to the icon and I can't...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I added some weird feature to my files, now each has a padlock next to the icon and I can't...: I was playing around with security settings to add a password to a folder.I failed, and added some quirky feature to all of my folders and files that i now create.If only i create a new folder or a text document, I get an icon with a padlock next to it. It's worth mentioning...
  4. Windows 10’s next feature update is almost ready for public launch

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10’s next feature update is almost ready for public launch: Windows 10 version 20H2 is a service pack-style upgrade and Microsoft has again confirmed that this update will be rolled out via an enablement package. The update won’t just offer minor changes, but some bigger improvements too, including the theme-aware Start Menu. Windows...
  5. Stop Windows 10 from upgrading to next version and Set the target Feature Update version

in Windows 10 News
    Stop Windows 10 from upgrading to next version and Set the target Feature Update version: [ATTACH]You can Enable the Select the target Feature Update version Group Policy setting or use the TargetReleaseVersionInfo Registry key to stop Windows 10 from installing […] This article Stop Windows 10 from upgrading to next version and Set the target Feature Update...
  6. Next Feature Updates Always Resets Tons of System Settings

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Next Feature Updates Always Resets Tons of System Settings: Upon updating to the most recent version of Windows 10 Pro for Workstation (2004), a lot of changes that I have previously made to the registry either get changed or completely deleted. One I know right off of the top of my head are...
  7. Size of next version of Windows viz. Feature Update to Windows 10, version 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Size of next version of Windows viz. Feature Update to Windows 10, version 2004: What is the file size of the next version of Windows viz. Feature Update to Windows 10, version 2004? I need to know the file size to ensure that I will have sufficient data to be able to download the Update to completion. Or does the Update download a bit at a time...
  8. Windows 10 is getting faster in next feature update

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 is getting faster in next feature update: Windows 10 devices could lose some of its lusters and get slower over time. While there are ways to improve your device performance, it looks like Microsoft is finally making changes with May 2020 Update to make Windows 10 run faster on some hardware. With Windows 10 version...
  9. The next Windows 10 feature update is called the May 2020 Update

in Windows 10 News
    The next Windows 10 feature update is called the May 2020 Update: The next feature update for Microsoft's Windows 10 operating system will likely be called the May 2020 Update. Microsoft has had the habit of changing feature update names frequently for its Windows 10 operating system, especially in the first two years after release. The...
  10. 'Next Desktop Background' feature missing from right clicking on desktop.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    'Next Desktop Background' feature missing from right clicking on desktop.: It used to be there like a month ago or something but right now it's missing. I'm in desperate need of that simple yet very useful option. Current version : 1909 Last update : KB4551762 on 28/03/2020 submitted by /u/TrivandrumFilms [link] [comments]...